2024-25 Mbb roster tracker

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

lv2hoop
BobcatNation Letterman

2024-25 Mbb roster tracker

Post by lv2hoop » Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:56 pm

Here is what our roster looks like at the conclusion of this season. If everyone sticks around, we return a large portion of the lineup with only losing Rob and John - even though those two will be difficult to replace. 1E means one year of eligibility remaining.

Sam Lecholat - 1E
Tyler Patterson - 1E
Eddie Turner III - 1E (has entered the transfer portal)
Brian Goracke - 1E
Jaden Geron - 1E
Chika Nduka - 1E
Carter Ash - 1E
Bryce Zephir - 2E
Brandon Walker - 2E
Patrick McMahon - 2E
Jed Miller - 2E
Aiden Gair - 2E (has entered the transfer portal)
Trap Johnson - 4E
Jaqari Miles - 4E (has entered the transfer portal)
Calum Rutherford - 4E
Royce Robinson - 4E
Last edited by lv2hoop on Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.

msu_agfan
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: 2024-25 Mbb roster tracker

Post by msu_agfan » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:07 pm

Trap Johnson is signed, will have 4. Listed as PG on verbal commits, but i dont know if he would be a true pg? looks more like a SG to my untrained, but old, eye...

Animal Science/ Ag Business '96

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by imacat » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:27 pm

So as things currently stand. Lose two players. Signed one player. Only one slot to work with.

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by WalkOn79 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:43 pm

Didn't see enough good things out of Chika and Jaden to feel confident they can contribute a great deal to a championship team. Maybe need to make a move there?

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

lv2hoop
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by lv2hoop » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:45 pm

msu_agfan wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:07 pm
Trap Johnson is signed, will have 4. Listed as PG on verbal commits, but i dont know if he would be a true pg? looks more like a SG to my untrained, but old, eye...
Fixed that. Thanks, I forgot all about him since he signed back in November. Promising recruit for sure!!

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:46 pm

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

GrizgradCatFan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by GrizgradCatFan » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:59 pm

WalkOn79 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:43 pm
Didn't see enough good things out of Chika and Jaden to feel confident they can contribute a great deal to a championship team. Maybe need to make a move there?
Yeah I wonder if they will remain around. Not sure how that works with a coach and everything.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:12 pm

lv2hoop wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:56 pm
Here is what our roster looks like at the conclusion of this season. If everyone sticks around, we return a large portion of the lineup with only losing Rob and John - even though those two will be difficult to replace. 1E means one year of eligibility remaining.

Sam Lecholat - 1E
Tyler Patterson - 1E
Eddie Turner III - 1E
Brian Goracke - 1E
Jaden Geron - 1E
Chika Nduka - 1E
Carter Ash - 1E
Bryce Zephir - 2E
Brandon Walker - 2E
Patrick McMahon - 2E
Jed Miller - 2E
Aiden Gair - 2E
Trap Johnson - 4E
Jaqari Miles - 4E
Calum Rutherford - 4E
Royce Robinson - 4E
If I had to guess...Lecholat, Patterson, Turner, Goracke, Walker, and McMahon seem likely to stay barring an unexpected coaching change. The other guys are question marks since they either didn't play much or didn't play at all this year. I really hope Jed Miller stays, I'm impressed by him whenever he's in there but he just hasn't been able to break through yet.

imacat

Post by imacat » Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:28 pm

WalkOn79 wrote:
Letting a player you recruited go because someone better may be available the following year bothers me. If the player keeps his nose clean and works hard I think his scholarship should be honored.

Desert_Bobcat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Desert_Bobcat » Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:54 pm

imacat wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:28 pm
WalkOn79 wrote:
Letting a player you recruited go because someone better may be available the following year bothers me. If the player keeps his nose clean and works hard I think his scholarship should be honored.
What do you think happened to Nick Gazelas, Alex Germer, or Borja Fernandez from that last few years? Germer and Nick G were in the portal before Sprinkle left for USU

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:54 pm

imacat wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:27 pm
So as things currently stand. Lose two players. Signed one player. Only one slot to work with.
The Cats have Bryce Zephir coming in as well. I suspect a few current Cats will be leaving since the coaches have also offered at least one other player.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

homeytennis
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by homeytennis » Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:01 pm

Alex Germer is playing for the College of Idaho in Caldwell.

imacat

Post by imacat » Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:06 pm

Desert_Bobcat wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:54 pm
imacat wrote:
WalkOn79 wrote:
What do you think happened to Nick Gazelas, Alex Germer, or Borja Fernandez from that last few years? Germer and Nick G were in the portal before Sprinkle left for USU
I understand it happens but I don’t like the idea of forcing a player out. That is just how I feel.

Desert_Bobcat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Desert_Bobcat » Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:23 pm

imacat wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:06 pm
Desert_Bobcat wrote:
imacat wrote:
WalkOn79 wrote:
I understand it happens but I don’t like the idea of forcing a player out. That is just how I feel.
Believe me, I’m right there with you.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:28 pm

imacat wrote:
Desert_Bobcat wrote:
imacat wrote:
WalkOn79 wrote:
With the Transfer Portal making it so easy these days for players to switch teams, I doubt many players are "forced out" who want to stay. Hopefully, the coaching staff is having honest conversations with the players at the end of the season to evaluate their progress and discuss their potential role on the team moving forward. If it makes sense for a player to look elsewhere to continue their career, then they are and should be free to make that decision. Coach Logie in particular seems to me like a coach who will emphasize player development over the Portal, other than of course this past year when he was forced to heavily use the Portal to build a full roster of Division 1 caliber players. On the other hand, we also have to realize that without using the Transfer Portal as effectively as they have, MSU would still be looking waaaaaaay back to 1996 for its last NCAA Tournament appearance.

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:31 pm

Desert_Bobcat wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:23 pm
imacat wrote:
Desert_Bobcat wrote:
imacat wrote:
WalkOn79 wrote:
So both of you are okay with mediocre seasons if a coach brings players in and after a year or two it is clear they can't play at this level. He should still play them?

Sports is not bigger than life

Desert_Bobcat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Desert_Bobcat » Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:40 pm

tetoncat wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:31 pm
Desert_Bobcat wrote:
imacat wrote:
Desert_Bobcat wrote:
imacat wrote:
WalkOn79 wrote:
So both of you are okay with mediocre seasons if a coach brings players in and after a year or two it is clear they can't play at this level. He should still play them?
I never said I was ok with mediocre seasons or anything like that.
It's a double-edged sword. In the case of Logie and this last offseason, he got the best guys he could considering when he was hired. I think you'll see more roster turnover than expected this offseason because of the talent level or perceived lack thereof, of the players he was able to bring in last year. And he should! One of the main jobs of a coach is to put the best team out on the floor given the resources. If the player isn't performing to the standards of the program, then like a job, their spot should be up for grabs.

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:20 am

Desert_Bobcat wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:40 pm
tetoncat wrote:
Desert_Bobcat wrote:
imacat wrote:
Desert_Bobcat wrote:
imacat wrote:
WalkOn79 wrote:
It's a double-edged sword. In the case of Logie and this last offseason, he got the best guys he could considering when he was hired. I think you'll see more roster turnover than expected this offseason because of the talent level or perceived lack thereof, of the players he was able to bring in last year. And he should! One of the main jobs of a coach is to put the best team out on the floor given the resources. If the player isn't performing to the standards of the program, then like a job, their spot should be up for grabs.
But isn't that forcing a player out? I'm not following you. Are you say you understand it has to happen but just don't like it. Not sure there are other options

Sports is not bigger than life

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:45 am

Coaches and players are all on one year contracts. Earn a renewal or move along.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Desert_Bobcat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Desert_Bobcat » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:23 am

tetoncat wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:20 am
Desert_Bobcat wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:40 pm
tetoncat wrote:
Desert_Bobcat wrote:
imacat wrote:
Desert_Bobcat wrote:
imacat wrote:
WalkOn79 wrote:
But isn't that forcing a player out? I'm not following you. Are you say you understand it has to happen but just don't like it. Not sure there are other options
Yes and no. I understand that it has to happen, but am not a fan of how that process happens sometimes. And yeah it sounds like I’m talking out of both sides of my mouth, because I kinda am. Coaches are there to recruit the best players they can and to win games, but they’re also there to make a positive impact on players lives. Yes it’s a business, and it’s cutthroat. Believe me I’ve seen a D1 program from the inside as a manager so I’ve got to see both coach and player perspectives.
This hasn’t been the case at MSU but there are programs in the country that sell players on a 4 year dream and then dump them for something shinier the next year, regardless of how that player performed during that year. Thats what I don’t agree with. If a player has met all their performance markers but still is forced out, that’s what I don’t like. And like I said, I don’t know of this happening at MSU, but I can guarantee you that is happens at other schools across the country.