Eddie turner?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Re: Eddie turner?

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:38 am

Cledus wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:37 am
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:51 am
Cledus wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:30 pm
Desert_Bobcat wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:44 am
Joe Bobcat wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:17 am
Is it possible that Turner entered the portal as a preemptive move when coach Logie was in the mix for the WSU job and could he maybe withdraw from the portal now that Logie is staying? That would be somewhat similar to what RFIII did last year and then returned to the team.

Turner improved through the year and he could get even better next year in Logie's system.
Negative. I’ve heard that ET3 is trying to “chase a bag” (i.e $$$). While I suppose he can still come back, I would assume that he might not be welcomed back by the team.
This is purely a NIL and money play. Not for academics, not because of the Logie rumors. The timelines do not add up. Like I said in a previous post; it takes longer than a couple hours for a player to enter the portal.
If Raequan couldn’t cash out I don’t know why Turner thinks he will.
Uhhh…Battle did.
Yes, he did get a lot but it was still quite a bit short of what he was promised if what I’ve read is correct.
Oh really? Did you see the contract? Or just rumors from randoms online?

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:36 am

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:38 am
Cledus wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Cledus wrote:
Uhhh…Battle did.
Yes, he did get a lot but it was still quite a bit short of what he was promised if what I’ve read is correct.
I was going by the fact his transfer didn't sail right through and he missed part of the season, and the NIL money is ostensibly tied to performance, e.g. no play, no pay. Lucky for him a politician intervened (I think it was the governor), or he might not have gotten to play at all.

Since you're the most knowledgeable motherf---er here about any and all topics (except posting gifs) maybe you'd be so kind as to inform us all. Or do you plan to invoke the I-know-but-it's-confidential-trust-me-bro position?

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:47 am

Cledus wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:36 am
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:38 am
Cledus wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Cledus wrote:
Uhhh…Battle did.
I was going by the fact his transfer didn't sail right through and he missed part of the season, and the NIL money is ostensibly tied to performance, e.g. no play, no pay. Lucky for him a politician intervened (I think it was the governor), or he might not have gotten to play at all.

Since you're the most knowledgeable motherf---er here about any and all topics (except posting gifs) maybe you'd be so kind as to inform us all. Or do you plan to invoke the I-know-but-it's-confidential-trust-me-bro position?

Uhhh…my whole point was that we know he got money but none of us know how much. I’m not going to sit here and pretend I know he got exactly what he was told, or something different, because I don’t know. And you don’t know either. I’m not the one acting like I know all the details on the situation either Cletus, that would be yourself. Mayhaps you should take the title of most knowledgeable.

saintcat40
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by saintcat40 » Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:36 pm

What is going on around here lately? Seems like much more animosity between Cat fans than I have noticed before. Feels a bit like egriz. I like you all. After all, we are all Bobcat fans. Go Cats!!!

Bocephus
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Bocephus » Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:41 pm

saintcat40 wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:36 pm
What is going on around here lately? Seems like much more animosity between Cat fans than I have noticed before. Feels a bit like egriz. I like you all. After all, we are all Bobcat fans. Go Cats!!!
Every thread turns ugly. Gets kinda old.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:54 pm

saintcat40 wrote:
Yeah, I've noticed you can make the most innocent comment about something and it will be dissected and questioned like you are some sort of a clueless moron. It's mostly the usual suspects that jump on a post too. I'm slowly learning to ignore them.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:24 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:54 pm
saintcat40 wrote:
Yeah, I've noticed you can make the most innocent comment about something and it will be dissected and questioned like you are some sort of a clueless moron. It's mostly the usual suspects that jump on a post too. I'm slowly learning to ignore them.
I agree...boys boys boys...take it down a notch...we're all Bobcats after all!
I was exited to hear something new about ET3...but all I read was bickering! Are you guys married, or what?

2024 Resume dominance

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:50 pm

I totally understand when a post rubs someone the wrong way or something, and that prompts somebody to comment on it, but IMO that should be the end of it. I've never understood why people don't just take those stupid petty arguments to one on one messages so as not to clutter up the board with a bunch of childish back and forth complaining. Even if you post something like... "I don't agree, and I'm taking this offline to tell you why, check your PM." Oh well.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:53 pm

Helcat72 wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:24 pm
AFCAT wrote:
saintcat40 wrote:
I was exited to hear something new about ET3...but all I read was bickering! Are you guys married, or what?
As for the “usual suspects”, this was the SAME guy starting an argument. Now lutecat will point at me for this post as the bad guy for calling attention to his actions. Anyway, I will do better as far as just looking the other way. But I would love to see a moderator intervene more often. I didn’t see a problem with Cledus’ post, whether completely accurate or not.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:16 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:53 pm
As for the “usual suspects”, this was the SAME guy starting an argument. Now lutecat will point at me for this post as the bad guy for calling attention to his actions. Anyway, I will do better as far as just looking the other way. But I would love to see a moderator intervene more often. I didn’t see a problem with Cledus’ post, whether completely accurate or not.
We could all do better at looking the other way! I know I got a bit wrapped up in a post someone had made earlier this season about the men's basketball team and continued to bring it up when it should've just been commented on once and then ignored. I'm pretty sure only one of the original three moderators is still active on this board (maybe the other two are still doing things behind the scenes), so ultimately it's on us as users to make this place somewhere we all want to keep coming back to.

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:08 pm

Desert_Bobcat wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:27 am
Crabycat wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:49 am
Battle shouldn’t have made it onto a basketball court this last year. No reason to feel sorry for someone who is willing to lie about their mental health to chase $$$$
If you do some digging there is a reason Battle and his team claimed a mental health transfer. One of the reasons being it’s the hardest to disprove (and who knows maybe he did make a really good connection with an assistant coach at WVU who made a significant impact on his mentals).
But if you look at the majority of players who transfer more than 1 time you’ll find that many of them claim the 2nd or 3rd time was due to their “mental health” (like I said, really hard to prove if it’s true or not). NCAA can’t really do anything to confirm or deny the existence of mental health issues. Hate the game not the player :shrug:

The NCAA could have avoided this whole mess they caused in the first place by placing restrictions and clearly defining how schools and athletes could use NIL. They could have also looked at the portal and clarified rules on players transferring after their coach leaves the program for another job, among other things they need to address with the portal. Those would have been proactive things. But honestly, when was the last time the NCAA willingly did something proactively?
Just before the Supreme and other Courts curb-stomped them.

lutecat

Post by lutecat » Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:30 am

Cataholic wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:53 pm
Helcat72 wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
saintcat40 wrote:
I didn't say nothing man about nothing on this post man.

So like Will Smith said, keep my name out your f<÷=ing mouth. Lol
I'm kidding. You can talk about me as much as you want. I know it's because you like me.

You can say whatever you want to say about me. You just don't see how petty it all is. Have a nice Sunday all.
Last edited by lutecat on Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

lutecat

Post by lutecat » Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:37 am

Helcat72 wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
saintcat40 wrote:
=D^ =D^ =D^ =D^ =D^ =D^ =D^ =D^

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:49 am

So … any update on Eddie Turner? He’d be getting big minutes next season in Bozeman.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:28 pm

PapaG wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:49 am
So … any update on Eddie Turner? He’d be getting big minutes next season in Bozeman.
Where do you get off derailing a detailed thread?

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:09 pm

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by imacat » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:58 pm

CONGRATULATIONS Eddie!!! Have a great final season.

lutecat

Post by lutecat » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:32 pm

I'll actually really impressed now. Already has a top tier wall street Jon once he's done with college. Impressive guy.