Which team is better?…

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Which team is better?…

Post by mslacatfan » Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:06 pm

Osobor, brown (and the rest of the Utah state crew, who are very good)

Or…

Osobor, brown, ford, and battle (and the rest of the msu crew, with transfers that were coming in)

It’s the same coaching staff…. Honest question, which team would have been better? This Utah state squad is legit, would msu have been the same? Worse?…. Better?

Makes ya wonder….

Side note- the thought of brown and ford as the 1-2 punch at point guard is just down right ridiculous.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Re: Which team is better?…

Post by grizzh8r » Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:18 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:06 pm
Osobor, brown (and the rest of the Utah state crew, who are very good)

Or…

Osobor, brown, ford, and battle (and the rest of the msu crew, with transfers that were coming in)

It’s the same coaching staff…. Honest question, which team would have been better? This Utah state squad is legit, would msu have been the same? Worse?…. Better?

Makes ya wonder….

Side note- the thought of brown and ford as the 1-2 punch at point guard is just down right ridiculous.
Yep, that amount of talent could have resulted in one of those once in a generation type team. The ones that win 30+ games and boat race the rest of their conference foes.

Alas, it wasn't meant to be.

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

Desert_Bobcat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Desert_Bobcat » Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:23 pm

It would be MSU solely based on having Battle. From what I understand too, there are a few transfers on this Utah State team that were slated to come to Bozeman if Sprinkle had stayed. That team could have easily been a 30+ win team and no less than a 12 seed in the NCAA Tournament.

The thing I really enjoyed watching from Utah St tonight was that they didn’t step off the gas until the game was truly over. Too many times the last 4 years Sprinkle called the dogs off early and made games closer than they needed to be at the end.

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:04 am

You have to admit, Johnson, Martinez, Falslev and Uduje are pretty good not to mention Sakho and Jackson. We may have had the best starters, but USU is pretty deep.
I think 6-10 Jackson Grant was slated to come to MSU before Danny got the job.

2024 Resume dominance

MinnesotaBobcat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by MinnesotaBobcat » Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:13 am

Probably would have depended on which transfers followed Danny to Utah State. From the USU forum it sounds like at least 3-4 tansfers that were headed here switched to USU. I know Grant was one, and the Wyoming kid was another. If Oduje (sp?) and Martinez also came here The Bobcats probably would have been better than USU.

The nice thing is that this year's team made me forget about what could have been for the most part. We had a great finish, and a solid core is coming back next year, along with a great coach. Interested to see what portal additions come our way. My wish-list includes an athletic shot blocking big and an experienced point guard.

DMMDCats
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DMMDCats » Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:11 pm

Grambling