2024 Transfer Portal

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Re: 2024 Transfer Portal

Post by imacat » Sat May 04, 2024 1:42 pm

I am happy see Jaden found a home. He will be playing in his hometown. I hope he has a great senior season.

4Mare
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by 4Mare » Sat May 04, 2024 10:00 pm

Another Logie boom tonight.
“Puzzle complete” 👀

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Sun May 05, 2024 2:50 am

Has to be a PG, right?

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

lv2hoop
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by lv2hoop » Sun May 05, 2024 10:31 am

I think it is Max Agbonkpolo - via USC, Wyoming, and Utah State. He was in the rotation for Sprinks at Utah State before getting injured.

GrizgradCatFan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by GrizgradCatFan » Sun May 05, 2024 11:54 am

He would be the highest rated recruit. A former 4*. He could be a game changer and with patrick back I love our outside shooting we just needed another threat who can take the ball to the hoop inside and actually play more than a couple times up and down the court without being completely winded.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sun May 05, 2024 4:46 pm

Logie continues to build a very veteran roster if Max A. is the new signing. He'll be in his sixth year of basketball and is only eligible for one more by medical redshirt since he only played 10 games last year before being hurt.

msu_agfan
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by msu_agfan » Sun May 05, 2024 5:08 pm

MSU01 wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 4:46 pm
Logie continues to build a very veteran roster if Max A. is the new signing. He'll be in his sixth year of basketball and is only eligible for one more by medical redshirt since he only played 10 games last year before being hurt.
I've noticed that a lot of Big Sky teams are quite lacking in the true freshman category. Weber state is one of the schools who is going against that trend. They have 3 incoming freshman: most everyone else is sitting at 1. Other schools do have some offers extended to highschoolers, but none listed as committed.

Animal Science/ Ag Business '96

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sun May 05, 2024 5:50 pm

msu_agfan wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 5:08 pm
MSU01 wrote:
I've noticed that a lot of Big Sky teams are quite lacking in the true freshman category. Weber state is one of the schools who is going against that trend. They have 3 incoming freshman: most everyone else is sitting at 1. Other schools do have some offers extended to highschoolers, but none listed as committed.
It has to be a pretty awful time to be a high school player right now with so many players who'd normally be out of eligibility in their fifth or sixth years due to the Covid year.

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Tue May 07, 2024 10:39 am

MSU01 wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 5:50 pm
msu_agfan wrote:
MSU01 wrote:
It has to be a pretty awful time to be a high school player right now with so many players who'd normally be out of eligibility in their fifth or sixth years due to the Covid year.
Yeah, I was wondering what they're doing. Obviously the blue chippers are going to the big programs. But those programs maybe were getting some developmental players that they're probably not taking anymore, right? And the mid majors will take some guys out of high school but not as many. Do these guys have to go to bad programs and hope they can make a splash? Do they have to go the JuCo route? I honestly have no idea...there are the same amount of players for the same amount of spots, so who's taking these guys? I'm guessing they just sign late after the dust settles, with teams who still have scholarships available? Or am I reading too much into this and it's not much different? It just seems like there are a lot of players out there who don't have places to land, but there aren't less spots on teams overall.

sacstateman
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by sacstateman » Wed May 08, 2024 9:11 am

msu_agfan wrote:
MSU01 wrote:
We had 6 freshmen on the roster last year, 4 played extensively, 1 played marginally and 1 red shirted...This year it looks like we will only have 2 freshmen....

duelalumnicat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by duelalumnicat » Wed May 08, 2024 3:08 pm

I see today that former Bobcat Luca Colceag has signed with Northern Colorado. He is a 6'9" forward from Bucharest, Romania who was recruited by Coach Haslam. He left the Bobcats after the 2022-23 season, and played this past season at JUCO East Florida State. I think he has 2 years of eligibility left. I wonder if he contacted Coach Logie?