Monday Basketball! MBB vs ISU, WBB at ISU

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Monday Basketball! MBB vs ISU, WBB at ISU

Post by MSU01 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:52 pm

The Bobcats will play their first of two Monday conference games tomorrow night, with the men playing ISU in the Brick and the women making the trip to Pocatello.

The men have a great shot to end their four game homestand at 3-1 and head out on the road in no worse than a tie for third in the standings. ISU is 2-4 in conference play, winning on the road at PSU and at home against Idaho. They have three home losses to the Montana schools and EWU, plus a road loss at Sac State. ESPN says MSU has a 66% chance to win this game. Brian Goracke had a great game the first time they played as MSU got a somewhat surprising road win to start conference play.

The MSU women will presumably be playing without Katelynn Limardo, so will need to have another great defensive performance to win this one as points may be hard to come by. If it's a "first to 50 points wins" kind of game, MSU will have a good shot to win. ISU is 3-3 in conference play with wins at home over PSU and Sac State (both 0-6 in the Big Sky) and on the road at Idaho this past Thursday. Their losses are all on the road, to the Montana schools and EWU.

Go Cats!

84CatGrad
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Monday Basketball! MBB vs ISU, WBB at ISU

Post by 84CatGrad » Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:18 pm

I am very impressed with both of our coaches and teams at this point. Binford and her ladies just keep battling through injury after injury after injury because they are flat out playing hard. Coach Logie has taken a thrown together team and turned them into a legitimate Big Sky squad that can beat anybody. Very proud of both of these squads.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:32 pm

84CatGrad wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:18 pm
I am very impressed with both of our coaches and teams at this point. Binford and her ladies just keep battling through injury after injury after injury because they are flat out playing hard. Coach Logie has taken a thrown together team and turned them into a legitimate Big Sky squad that can beat anybody. Very proud of both of these squads.
Agreed! Coach Binford and team have done an amazing job of overcoming adversity this year, that win over the Griz after getting off to such an awful start was an absolute joy to watch up until the unfortunate injury at the end. Logie is an incredible coach - Danny Sprinkle finished 5th in his first year at MSU and I'm pretty confident that Logie can match or exceed that despite having to cobble together a decimated roster as one of the last D-1 hires of the coaching cycle.

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:20 pm

Robert Ford plays so hard, I would take 10 of him. He's fun to watch too!

msu_agfan
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by msu_agfan » Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:25 pm

8 minutes left in the first half, Men are up 20-15 but should be more... I feel this kind of game we need to get a good separation because ISU seems to be nailing threes..

Animal Science/ Ag Business '96

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:28 pm

Women lost 62-53. Wild box score, they shot 28% overall and 2-20 from 3, but managed to hang somewhat close by forcing 21 turnovers and only committing 6.

hoopsforhope
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by hoopsforhope » Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:10 am

I think this year is a rebuild- the freshman are learning, its tough.
If Lexi, Dylan and Hein were in the line up - they would be top of conference.
I think the team was tired from the Grizz match and Idaho played very disruptive defense- Bobcats need to move the ball and not take bad shots.
They will hopefully bounce back for this week - its a tough schedule but I have faith. Home games seem to be better.
I hope everyone stays positive and supportive!! Go bobcats go.