MBB vs UNC

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Re: MBB vs UNC

Post by tetoncat » Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:59 am

mslacatfan wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:04 am
Gotta admit, this team is much better than I thought they would be this year, which has been a pleasant surprise.

Goracke is a stud! Plying at an all big sky level.

Excited to see what Logie can do these next 2 or 3 years as he builds his team, program, culture, etc.
Should we be concerned only have 1 commitment for next year?

Sports is not bigger than life

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:00 am

tetoncat wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:59 am
mslacatfan wrote:
Gotta admit, this team is much better than I thought they would be this year, which has been a pleasant surprise.

Excited to see what Logie can do these next 2 or 3 years as he builds his team, program, culture, etc.
In the transfer portal era, probably not too much.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:31 am

MSU01 wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:00 am
tetoncat wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:

In the transfer portal era, probably not too much.
I think you might be right, though I really, really hope we have a scholly for Fisher Brown.

msu_agfan
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by msu_agfan » Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:43 pm

tetoncat wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:

What I feel is our biggest need is we need a player to replace Ford!! Hope the transfer portal throws us a couple ball handler/ floor general types..

Animal Science/ Ag Business '96

HighPlainsBobcat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by HighPlainsBobcat » Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:59 pm

Anyone know the total dollar amount raised for the players pink jersey’s?

DMMDCats

Post by DMMDCats » Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:04 pm

HighPlainsBobcat wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:59 pm
Anyone know the total dollar amount raised for the players pink jersey’s?
Jersey total was $4515 on bids shown on the website.

DMMDCats

Post by DMMDCats » Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:05 pm

That was a fun game to watch.

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:08 am

It was good to see this team start to gel, As I've said before you can see the pieces are here they just need to put it all together. What is going to hurt is not having a true big man. Walker is great, just wish he was 3" taller.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:48 pm

Whoo Hoo! I lobbied for this to happen!

Lvd
New Recruit

Post by Lvd » Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:02 pm

No player more deserving of this award than @R_E_F_3, it has been a joy watching him give 110% every time he's on the floor.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:13 pm

Robert Ford is the man and has become one of my favorite Bobcat players of all time. Kudos to him to sticking it out and leading this team to significantly more success than most of us expected it to have this year.

msu_agfan

Post by msu_agfan » Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:27 pm

I sure hope he can overcome the injuries he sustained in this game.

Joe Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Joe Bobcat » Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:55 pm

Congratulations Mr. Ford, you definitely earned it with your great play and hustle, not to mention the dozen or more bruises you took from this game.

Yeah Belgrade you called it first and early, like only minutes after the game.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:56 pm

msu_agfan wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:27 pm
What are the injuries.

Sports is not bigger than life

Joe Bobcat

Post by Joe Bobcat » Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:13 pm

tetoncat wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:56 pm
msu_agfan wrote:
What are the injuries.
I don't think he has any specific major injuries but the way he plays with total disregard for the safety of his body he takes on an awful lot of hard hits from the floor. Then there's also the beating he takes from his opponents, like taking a few hits to the nards and getting grabbed by the neck and thrown to the floor. He's a warrior and probably should wear football or hockey pads for protection.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

Desert_Bobcat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Desert_Bobcat » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:16 pm

Joe Bobcat wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:13 pm
tetoncat wrote:
msu_agfan wrote:
What are the injuries.
I don't think he has any specific major injuries but the way he plays with total disregard for the safety of his body he takes on an awful lot of hard hits from the floor. Then there's also the beating he takes from his opponents, like taking a few hits to the nards and getting grabbed by the neck and thrown to the floor. He's a warrior and probably should wear football or hockey pads for protection.
He had some KT tape on his shooting shoulder this last game and I don’t think that’s nothing. He’s fallen hard on that shoulder more than a couple of times this year. Look for his shots (specifically the 3 ball) to be timely shots rather than just shooting them whenever. Also has been grabbing his R wrist after landing/controlled falling on it fairly consistently.

Rob is a warrior but with basically a whole conference season left he needs to be careful with his body.
ET3 playing better these last couple games is a huge + because now Rob doesn’t have to be the primary ball handler which should help ease the load on the body.

Joe Bobcat

Post by Joe Bobcat » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:31 pm

Desert_Bobcat wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:16 pm
Joe Bobcat wrote:
tetoncat wrote:
msu_agfan wrote:
What are the injuries.
He had some KT tape on his shooting shoulder this last game and I don’t think that’s nothing. He’s fallen hard on that shoulder more than a couple of times this year. Look for his shots (specifically the 3 ball) to be timely shots rather than just shooting them whenever. Also has been grabbing his R wrist after landing/controlled falling on it fairly consistently.

Rob is a warrior but with basically a whole conference season left he needs to be careful with his body.
ET3 playing better these last couple games is a huge + because now Rob doesn’t have to be the primary ball handler which should help ease the load on the body.
Good points D_B. I didn't mean to make it sound like he isn't dealing with pain that is likely affecting his game which as you pointed out he probably is. Huge respect for his grit.

Desert_Bobcat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Desert_Bobcat » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:44 pm

Joe Bobcat wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:31 pm
Desert_Bobcat wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:
tetoncat wrote:
msu_agfan wrote:
What are the injuries.

Good points D_B. I didn't mean to make it sound like he isn't dealing with pain that is likely affecting his game which as you pointed out he probably is. Huge respect for his grit.
Nah I understood what you were getting at. At this point in the season everyone is dealing with a little something. I just wouldn’t be surprised if he’s dealing with a bit more than his play is leading on. For his sake as a person I hope it’s nothing more than a little soreness rather than something that’s going to need constant attention before and after games for the rest of the season.

BozoneCat

Post by BozoneCat » Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:36 am

Desert_Bobcat wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:44 pm
Joe Bobcat wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:31 pm
Desert_Bobcat wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:
tetoncat wrote:
msu_agfan wrote:
What are the injuries.

Nah I understood what you were getting at. At this point in the season everyone is dealing with a little something. I just wouldn’t be surprised if he’s dealing with a bit more than his play is leading on. For his sake as a person I hope it’s nothing more than a little soreness rather than something that’s going to need constant attention before and after games for the rest of the season.
The way the KT tape was applied didn't look like any specific "taping" application to me, certainly not a pattern that I use in practice. I thought it might be to cover up some type of cut or wound, put that stuff over a cut (well, with a band-aid first) and it stays in place so much better! Agreed that Rob is becoming one of my favorite Bobcats to watch, and I hope it's just bumps and bruises for him. Maybe Vigen can talk to him, we need guys like that on every team!

GO CATS GO!!!

msu_agfan

Post by msu_agfan » Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:17 pm

HighPlainsBobcat wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:53 pm
I gotta give Walker some props for his play in the 2nd half. Really stepped it up. Especially on the defensive side.
I just was hit with the realization that Walker is listed as a sophomore. I've been thinking he was a junior transfer, but it is great to see he has 2 more years after this.