Don Verlin fired at Idaho

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Don Verlin fired at Idaho

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:52 pm

GoldstoneCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Don Verlin fired at Idaho

Post by GoldstoneCat » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:14 pm

Any idea on the scope of the violations? I see some comments in the Twitter thread you linked to that saw this as an overreaction.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:14 pm

GoldstoneCat wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:14 pm
Any idea on the scope of the violations? I see some comments in the Twitter thread you linked to that saw this as an overreaction.
Three self-reported violations. The two that have become public: using a team manager as a practice player during the middle of an injury-decimated season; and a non-coach (likely an ops guy) ran practice for a few minutes when an assistant lost a contact lens. Sounds pretty petty to me...

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:38 pm

With all of the major issues happening at major Bball programs, you gotta wonder if this isn't a case of the old cliche "When Texas has a major violation, Toledo gets the death penalty."?

GoldstoneCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by GoldstoneCat » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:24 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:14 pm
GoldstoneCat wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:14 pm
Three self-reported violations. The two that have become public: using a team manager as a practice player during the middle of an injury-decimated season; and a non-coach (likely an ops guy) ran practice for a few minutes when an assistant lost a contact lens. Sounds pretty petty to me...
Seems like a way to get him gone, for sure. Short memories. Those vic Sanders teams weren't slouches.