STARTERS

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

GrizgradCatFan
BobcatNation Team Captain

STARTERS

Post by GrizgradCatFan » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:50 pm

Who is it going to be?

Catlady
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: STARTERS

Post by Catlady » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:58 am

Lots to figure out before you even have this discussion.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:12 am

Look about 2 Threads down... a bunch of discussion on this topic- “recruiting done and final roster”

FTG- GO CATS GO!

Catlady
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Catlady » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:31 am

Nothing matters until each player is on the court and you see how they gel. Too many new players to offer an educated opinion. I’m not sure if even coach knows.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:50 am

Right now it's penciled in with Harald Frey and 4 question marks.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Ilikecats
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Ilikecats » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:42 am

Finally, an educated response! 😂😂

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:23 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:50 am
I was going to say the same thing. Harald and rotating cast of characters.
Kirby probably has the inside track at the 5 and will probably platoon with Belo. Ricketts at the 3. The Spanish kid or the German kid at the 4. Paulo or the kid from Casper at the 2. And a lot of shuffling the deck throughout the season...except for Harald-pencil him in always.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:05 am

Hawks86 wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:50 am
Given who is coming back and who we signed it is tough not pencil in Ricketts the starting line up. The question mark id what position shooting guard or small forward.
The other starter from last year, Kirby, has to beat out Belo for the center spot, but the two could play together.
Of the newcomers Adamu is a big time player for us. Tough to keep him out of starting ine up, but he will have to earn it, as 2-3 players will make a serious challenge.

GrizgradCatFan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by GrizgradCatFan » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:12 am

Frey
Kirby
Adamu
Belo
Zeke or Rickets. (who knows maybe the sharpshooter from AZ shows he can play)

I can see Zeke pushing for major playing time as well. I saw flashes of a solid player who can step outside and hit a jumper and if needed take a guy to the hoop with his athleticism. I would love to see him get more time. Bigger, stronger, faster is what we are bringing to the table and excited to see. I am still on the fence on the euro kids being fast enough as they look kinda slow in the videos. Fingers crossed!

As for the guys who got all bent out of shape on my comments on Lassi well where would you see if him if he had stayed?

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:06 pm

GrizgradCatFan wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:12 am
Frey
Kirby
Adamu
Belo
Zeke or Rickets. (who knows maybe the sharpshooter from AZ shows he can play)

I can see Zeke pushing for major playing time as well. I saw flashes of a solid player who can step outside and hit a jumper and if needed take a guy to the hoop with his athleticism. I would love to see him get more time. Bigger, stronger, faster is what we are bringing to the table and excited to see. I am still on the fence on the euro kids being fast enough as they look kinda slow in the videos. Fingers crossed!

As for the guys who got all bent out of shape on my comments on Lassi well where would you see if him if he had stayed?
This is exactly how I see it. Haslam was in Conrad on Friday night and mentioned some interesting things:
  • The coaching staff expects big things out of Belo, think he can be an impact player in the BSC in his first year. Mentioned his contacts at Lamar CC helped us land him and that was Haslam's hope from day one, to get him to MSU after the JC route.
  • He said that Adamu is going to be a crowd pleaser, he is a high flyer and can really finish in transition. Compared him a lot to Mvuezolo but with a better shot. Said he is a good defender as well.
  • He said that both Bishop (which we knew) and Finn would have to sit out this year due to the transfer rule
  • Spoke very highly of Finn Fleute, I thought that Borja Fernandez was the gem of this class, but Haslam mentioned several times that if Fleute played high school ball in the states there would have been no way MSU would have gotten him.