Men's Assistants

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Post Reply
User avatar
WalkOn79
Member # Retired
Posts: 2124
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:47 pm
Location: Bozeman

Men's Assistants

Post by WalkOn79 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:42 pm

Love that Danny is keeping Haslem on and Dirden is returning to Bozeman. Both have a ton of Cred in this business.


"The pride and tradition
of Montana State football
will not be entrusted to
the timid or weak!"

Cliff Hysell, RIP

mslacat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5841
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:12 am
Contact:

Re: Men's Assistants

Post by mslacat » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:08 am

WalkOn79 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:42 pm
Love that Danny is keeping Haslem on and Dirden is returning to Bozeman. Both have a ton of Cred in this business.
This group of assistant (and head coach) is a VERY player friendly group. Not sure how Sprinkle was able to grab a coach who left a Big Sky assisant coaching job to take a head coach job only to go back to an assistants job.



User avatar
grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5686
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:23 pm
Location: Billings via Livingston
Contact:

Re: Men's Assistants

Post by grizzh8r » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:57 am

mslacat wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:08 am
WalkOn79 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:42 pm
Love that Danny is keeping Haslem on and Dirden is returning to Bozeman. Both have a ton of Cred in this business.
This group of assistant (and head coach) is a VERY player friendly group. Not sure how Sprinkle was able to grab a coach who left a Big Sky assisant coaching job to take a head coach job only to go back to an assistants job.
Could just be a quality of life thing. Never been to Alva, OK, but I did live a few hours northeast of there in Wichita. Missed the mountains terribly. Heck, I would have taken a decent treed hill! At the risk of sounding snobbish, I can only imagine Bozeman has quite a bit more opportunities/amenities/services than Alva... kind of a long ways from anywhere notable.


Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Retard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

imacat
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 748
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:23 am

Re: Men's Assistants

Post by imacat » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:23 am

It would not surprise me at all if the quality of life issue was a big part of his decision. The downside is finding housing on an assistant coach salary.

I also think he wanted to work with Coach Sprinkle.

Whatever the reasons ... I am glad he is back and that Coach Haslam is staying.

GO CATS!!



MSU01
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3862
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 5:21 pm

Re: Men's Assistants

Post by MSU01 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:32 am

imacat wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:23 am
It would not surprise me at all if the quality of life issue was a big part of his decision. The downside is finding housing on an assistant coach salary.

I also think he wanted to work with Coach Sprinkle.

Whatever the reasons ... I am glad he is back and that Coach Haslam is staying.

GO CATS!!
I think Coach Dirden made it quite clear in the official news release from MSU that quality of life played a major role in the decision, as did his relationship with Coach Sprinkle. Two great hires so far, I am interested to see who fills the remaining assistant spot and anxious to find out who will or won't be on the court for MSU next year!


Go Bobcats! 24-17 31-23 29-25

Willneal
BobcatNation Redshirt
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri May 26, 2017 7:58 am

Re: Men's Assistants

Post by Willneal » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:49 am

The 3rd spot will be filled by Dan Russel, Wyoming junior college coach.



thefrank1
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 384
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:14 pm
Location: Bozeman

Re: Men's Assistants

Post by thefrank1 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:28 am

Will he bring his two star players with him? The drama continues........



User avatar
RobertCats
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1329
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:08 pm
Location: Conrad, MT

Re: Men's Assistants

Post by RobertCats » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:38 am

Willneal wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:49 am
The 3rd spot will be filled by Dan Russel, Wyoming junior college coach.
Seems like that has been the general consensus from our in-the-know posters. Wonder what the wait is, why just not make it official?


Image

User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 9116
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Re: Men's Assistants

Post by wbtfg » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:31 am

thefrank1 wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:28 am
Will he bring his two star players with him? The drama continues........
Bonton still a possibility (but I think he picked up an offer from Washington state), but sounds likayi starting to get big time offers from schools like Texas Tech and Oklahoma.



homeytennis
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 139
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 11:33 am
Location: Boise
Contact:

Re: Men's Assistants

Post by homeytennis » Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:30 pm

Boise State is also interested in him and a front court player from the same school.



mslacat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5841
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:12 am
Contact:

Re: Men's Assistants

Post by mslacat » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:03 am

Willneal wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:49 am
The 3rd spot will be filled by Dan Russel, Wyoming junior college coach.
It was announced over the week end that Casper is looking for a new head coach. Expect an announcement this week.



User avatar
Hawks86
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 8649
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:27 pm
Location: MT

Re: Men's Assistants

Post by Hawks86 » Thu May 02, 2019 10:02 am



"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Image

User avatar
Hawks86
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 8649
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:27 pm
Location: MT

Re: Men's Assistants

Post by Hawks86 » Thu May 02, 2019 10:21 am



"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Image

Post Reply