Bonton returning???

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6020
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:41 pm
Location: Clancy, MT

Re: Bonton returning???

Post by 91catAlum » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:58 am

Grizaddict wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:01 pm
allcat wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:34 pm
Grizaddict wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:39 am
ilovethecats wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:27 pm
Grizaddict wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:50 am
I’d be surprised that MSU would just welcome him back with open arms after the way he left. I heard he threw a hissy fit that he wasn’t playing ahead of Frey and then left town. Would Frey happily welcome him back? Would MSU admin and coaches? Maybe he left on better terms than I had heard.
Much better terms than what you heard. He’s a good guy and his teammates loved him. MSU would have zero issues with him coming back.
I asked around a little bit. We are both a little off. The truth lies somewhere in the middle.
Well that's it then. If a troll says it's so, then the definitive word has been spoken. No need for further comments.
This “troll” has had more inside intel on this site than 90% here and my stuff has been 100% spot on. Thanks for playing though.
Like what? Give some examples of inside info you posted here FIRST that turned out true.
BTW, you just admitted 2 posts ago you were "a little bit off" on Bonton so there goes your "100% spot on."


Image

User avatar
allcat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7360
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:13 pm
Location: 90 miles from Nirvana (Bobcat Stadium)

Re: Bonton returning???

Post by allcat » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:45 am

Grizaddict wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:01 pm
allcat wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:34 pm
Grizaddict wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:39 am
ilovethecats wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:27 pm
Grizaddict wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:50 am
I’d be surprised that MSU would just welcome him back with open arms after the way he left. I heard he threw a hissy fit that he wasn’t playing ahead of Frey and then left town. Would Frey happily welcome him back? Would MSU admin and coaches? Maybe he left on better terms than I had heard.
Much better terms than what you heard. He’s a good guy and his teammates loved him. MSU would have zero issues with him coming back.
I asked around a little bit. We are both a little off. The truth lies somewhere in the middle.
Well that's it then. If a troll says it's so, then the definitive word has been spoken. No need for further comments.
This “troll” has had more inside intel on this site than 90% here and my stuff has been 100% spot on. Thanks for playing though.
I love seeing you admit to your calling. Do you have a bridge that you live under?


Joining the whiners club till we never lose a game again.

User avatar
SACCAT
Member # Retired
Posts: 2285
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:27 am
Location: SPECTATORS

Re: Bonton returning???

Post by SACCAT » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:55 am

allcat wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:45 am
Grizaddict wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:01 pm
allcat wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:34 pm
Grizaddict wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:39 am
ilovethecats wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:27 pm
Grizaddict wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:50 am
I’d be surprised that MSU would just welcome him back with open arms after the way he left. I heard he threw a hissy fit that he wasn’t playing ahead of Frey and then left town. Would Frey happily welcome him back? Would MSU admin and coaches? Maybe he left on better terms than I had heard.
Much better terms than what you heard. He’s a good guy and his teammates loved him. MSU would have zero issues with him coming back.
I asked around a little bit. We are both a little off. The truth lies somewhere in the middle.
Well that's it then. If a troll says it's so, then the definitive word has been spoken. No need for further comments.
This “troll” has had more inside intel on this site than 90% here and my stuff has been 100% spot on. Thanks for playing though.
I love seeing you admit to your calling. Do you have a bridge that you live under?
Everyone calm down...Montana is a small state, that prides itself on "Everyone knows everyone"... We all know people at both schools, and hear all sorts of things all the time. I hear all sorts of stuff every day because of my connections with media, and MSU, but I don't post it on here. Hell, I had the inside scoop on the final 3 names of the new school, and they changed them a day later, and I looked like an idiot... If Bonton comes back, we will all probably know in the VERY near future.



ilovethecats
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3407
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:12 pm

Re: Bonton returning???

Post by ilovethecats » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:27 pm

SACCAT wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:55 am
allcat wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:45 am
Grizaddict wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:01 pm
allcat wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:34 pm
Grizaddict wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:39 am
ilovethecats wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:27 pm
Grizaddict wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:50 am
I’d be surprised that MSU would just welcome him back with open arms after the way he left. I heard he threw a hissy fit that he wasn’t playing ahead of Frey and then left town. Would Frey happily welcome him back? Would MSU admin and coaches? Maybe he left on better terms than I had heard.
Much better terms than what you heard. He’s a good guy and his teammates loved him. MSU would have zero issues with him coming back.
I asked around a little bit. We are both a little off. The truth lies somewhere in the middle.
Well that's it then. If a troll says it's so, then the definitive word has been spoken. No need for further comments.
This “troll” has had more inside intel on this site than 90% here and my stuff has been 100% spot on. Thanks for playing though.
I love seeing you admit to your calling. Do you have a bridge that you live under?
Everyone calm down...Montana is a small state, that prides itself on "Everyone knows everyone"... We all know people at both schools, and hear all sorts of things all the time. I hear all sorts of stuff every day because of my connections with media, and MSU, but I don't post it on here. Hell, I had the inside scoop on the final 3 names of the new school, and they changed them a day later, and I looked like an idiot... If Bonton comes back, we will all probably know in the VERY near future.
Nope. I know more than 90% of all of you and everything I say is 100% spot on....



phantom
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 260
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:58 pm

Re: Bonton returning???

Post by phantom » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:10 pm

Academically, I believe if Bonton is not going to graduate from Junior College, he could come back to Montana State and still be eligible. Otherwise, as a 4-2-4 kid, he would have to earn his associate's and appropriate GPA to go to a different Division 1 school. Not saying this is the case either way, but it is a quirk in the rules.



BStinsMSU
New Recruit
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:38 pm

Re: Bonton returning???

Post by BStinsMSU » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:37 pm

Bonton announced on his Instagram story he was deciding between Montana State, Washington State, Fresno State, and University of New Mexico. He said that "the coaching staff change was big for me" in regards to returning to MSU.



GrizgradCatFan
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 202
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:18 pm

Re: Bonton returning???

Post by GrizgradCatFan » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:43 am

Anybody know what the returnees for.those.schools.look like? Heck we beat Washington state.



duelalumnicat
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 617
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:09 pm

Re: Bonton returning???

Post by duelalumnicat » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:00 am

I have a sinking feeling now that he is not coming back.

What about his coach and the big guy? Has anybody heard anything about them? Or Danny's assistants in general?



GrizgradCatFan
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 202
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:18 pm

Re: Bonton returning???

Post by GrizgradCatFan » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:50 pm

Is Danny waiting on Bonton to see if he comes to hire his head coach as an assistant? I mean whats with the wait? Someone has to know something or is Danny going to spring it all on us at once. Any word on the other kid we hadn't heard from in awhile who was offered?



User avatar
RobertCats
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1281
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:08 pm
Location: Conrad, MT

Re: Bonton returning???

Post by RobertCats » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:52 pm

might be reading too much into this, but I can't imagine this tweet bodes well



Image

GrizgradCatFan
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 202
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:18 pm

Re: Bonton returning???

Post by GrizgradCatFan » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:25 pm

Guess he is still looking. Any word or tweets from his buddy i thought they were a package type deal. Maybe not



seacat85
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 106
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:49 pm

Re: Bonton returning???

Post by seacat85 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:16 pm

It's being reported on CBS Sports that he's visiting Washington State this weekend. They're saying the new WSU coach is looking for a PG to run his offense and Bonton is a good fit.



Mcat
BobcatNation Redshirt
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:21 pm

Re: Bonton returning???

Post by Mcat » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:16 pm

None of the schools mentioned have made an offer to him. All they have done is maintain a relationship in case their other prospects fall through or they need to fill a spot. He is not a top pick at pg because they have offers out to other guys and have not offered him yet. Still a good chance he could be here if Sprinkle and staff decide he is a good fit. :wink:



Mcat
BobcatNation Redshirt
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:21 pm

Re: Bonton returning???

Post by Mcat » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:36 pm

Likayi however, forward from Casper and friend of Bonton from Portland, has 10 offers. Notable offers from Oklahoma and Texas Tech.



homeytennis
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 138
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 11:33 am
Location: Boise
Contact:

Re: Bonton returning???

Post by homeytennis » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:30 am

WSU has a new coach who was the head coach at USF. It sounds like they would like to offer two players from Casper with the 2nd one being a center.



Post Reply