Recruiting Budget

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

SLC_Cat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Recruiting Budget

Post by SLC_Cat » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:36 pm

As we wait to see who will be leading the program, I can't help but think that it doesn't really matter.

Until President Cruzado and the Athletic Department make basketball more of a priority, we will remain middle of the pack. For the most part whoever gets the job will move on to another position, but as long as the PROGRAM remains well funded the next HC should have to tools for success.

That brought me to the thought that the recruiting budget for MBB must get chewed up by the travel cost of getting out to metro areas to visit recruits and how hard it must be for recruits to get to Bozeman.

Is there a way to make donations to the program that can directly contribute to the recruiting budget?

Montana State University, 2007 BA
Northeastern University, 2009 MA

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Recruiting Budget

Post by mslacat » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:49 pm

SLC_Cat wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:36 pm
As we wait to see who will be leading the program, I can't help but think that it doesn't really matter.

Until President Cruzado and the Athletic Department make basketball more of a priority, we will remain middle of the pack. For the most part whoever gets the job will move on to another position, but as long as the PROGRAM remains well funded the next HC should have to tools for success.

That brought me to the thought that the recruiting budget for MBB must get chewed up by the travel cost of getting out to metro areas to visit recruits and how hard it must be for recruits to get to Bozeman.

Is there a way to make donations to the program that can directly contribute to the recruiting budget?
Closest you can go is donating to the Sixth-Man Club. From what I have been told the majority of 6th man donations goes to Summer school tuition and boosting the recruiting budget.

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Recruiting Budget

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:30 am

What is the cost of recruiting Norway and Finland and Europe, as compared to say the Midwestern cities?