MBB vs EW

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Re: MBB vs EW

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:21 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:52 pm
CARDIAC_CATS wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:54 pm
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:16 pm
For not the first time, I watched as Tyler was pretty much left on an island to create his own shot. Why did we do this? Why was his closest defender able to stay on him like glue all the time? Run him into a few picks by Sam and he might not be as eager.
I thought the same thing. You have the best scorer in conference history and you can't make it hard on the D by making them go through single and double screens to get him open (textbook basketball). EW was playing a 2-2 Zone and a free guy on Hall (Box and 1) and they can't screen for him? Hall should have been destroying them off the screens all night when they were running that.
Eastern Washington ran a box-and-1 or a diamond-and-1 all night, making it possible for defensively average players like Jack Perry and Ty Gibson to hang with Tyler Hall and Harald Frey. Jack Perry can't deny Frey. But he did all night because of the scheme. It's why Keljin Blevins shot 15 3s despite entering the game with 15 made 3s all season.
We scored enough. It was our defense and rebounding that cost us the game. Like it was all season. Tyler hits that J and I truely believe we beat SUU tonight. They didn't look good at all against EWU. Woulda-coulda-shoulda. griz are on a mission though-I don't think EWU has a chance tomorrow night.

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:17 am

For whatever it's worth. the MSU women lost to eventual champion PSU, and the men lost to EWU which is playing for the championship tonight. Also, I see that the men's title game is on ESPN-U which I don't get with my cable package, Will it also be carried on Pluto TV, or will Pluto not show it since it's on an ESPN channel?

msu_agfan
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by msu_agfan » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:38 am

I saw a Pluto ad that said the championship games would be on Pluto. I was surprised by that, only reason I remember it.

Animal Science/ Ag Business '96

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:49 pm

John K wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:17 am
For whatever it's worth. the MSU women lost to eventual champion PSU, and the men lost to EWU which is playing for the championship tonight. Also, I see that the men's title game is on ESPN-U which I don't get with my cable package, Will it also be carried on Pluto TV, or will Pluto not show it since it's on an ESPN channel?
It's on ESPNU and ESPN3. If you subscribe to ESPN, then you should have access to the streaming version on ESPN3. That's how I am able to watch. I'm pretty sure that rules out PlutoTV.

PlutoTV has been advertising having the games available on demand. I went to watch EWU in their semifinal and it was not there. I had watched a couple of the women’s games this week, and there was no pixelation since there were probably very few viewers. But — true to PlutoTV — they only have 8 of the 10 women’s games and 3 of the 9 men's games available on demand.

Hope the ESPN3 reminder is useful.

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:14 am

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:49 pm
John K wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:17 am
It's on ESPNU and ESPN3. If you subscribe to ESPN, then you should have access to the streaming version on ESPN3. That's how I am able to watch. I'm pretty sure that rules out PlutoTV.

PlutoTV has been advertising having the games available on demand. I went to watch EWU in their semifinal and it was not there. I had watched a couple of the women’s games this week, and there was no pixelation since there were probably very few viewers. But — true to PlutoTV — they only have 8 of the 10 women’s games and 3 of the 9 men's games available on demand.

Hope the ESPN3 reminder is useful.
That was helpful. Thank you!! It sure would be nice to see MSU playing in the championship game again one of these years. I'm getting a little tired of seeing UM win the tourney so often.