MBB vs PSU

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Re: MBB vs PSU

Post by technoCat » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:55 pm

StatedImprovement wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:43 pm
Going 5-12 outside of Bozeman doesn't help any more than a coach who builds team chemistry by belittling players during a game in front of their fans.... :roll:
There was a point in the game, I think right after his 4th foul, that Ricketts was talking to him and Fish just rolled his eyes and turned away from him like he wasn't worth his time and Ladan walked away looking totally dejected.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

MSmith1968
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by MSmith1968 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:06 pm

technoCat wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:55 pm
StatedImprovement wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:43 pm
Going 5-12 outside of Bozeman doesn't help any more than a coach who builds team chemistry by belittling players during a game in front of their fans.... :roll:
There was a point in the game, I think right after his 4th foul, that Ricketts was talking to him and Fish just rolled his eyes and turned away from him like he wasn't worth his time and Ladan walked away looking totally dejected.
Ok, I am sorry but suck it up! You are a junior in college.

MSmith1968
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by MSmith1968 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:08 pm

joecat wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:19 am
aucat wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:14 pm
We lost the last two games and Tyler had had some stellar offensive productivity.

I can't help but think of where our team is going to be next year without his points on offense.
hopefully with a coach that has a viable defensive scheme where the team does not depend solely on stellar offensive performances and who has not taken the heart out of a team - see first half play with sam handing ball off to portland st and standing in place to watch them go full court for a layup. what senior in the in the history of basketball does that who cares about the last regular season game of their career? or blevins watching rebounds hit the floor? when a team quits on a coach it shows up in hustle first.
You obviously have a grind with Fish. I am not sticking up for him, just saying. Don't worry I am sure Hall will be happy to get away from all the negative that appears on this board.

GoldstoneCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by GoldstoneCat » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:30 am

MSmith1968 wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:08 pm
joecat wrote:
aucat wrote:
We lost the last two games and Tyler had had some stellar offensive productivity.

I can't help but think of where our team is going to be next year without his points on offense.
hopefully with a coach that has a viable defensive scheme where the team does not depend solely on stellar offensive performances and who has not taken the heart out of a team - see first half play with sam handing ball off to portland st and standing in place to watch them go full court for a layup. what senior in the in the history of basketball does that who cares about the last regular season game of their career? or blevins watching rebounds hit the floor? when a team quits on a coach it shows up in hustle first.
You obviously have a grind with Fish. I am not sticking up for him, just saying. Don't worry I am sure Hall will be happy to get away from all the negative that appears on this board.
That wasn't a team that had quit. A team that had quit would have let the PSU game get away when they were making every damn thing the entire game. We had a great look for harry with a minute left that would have put us down 1. A team that was quitting on the coach wouldn't have come off the deck down 17 in Missoula. Are we perfect? No, and Fish likely isn't the easiest guy to play for, to be sure. But our team is playing hard and fighting in these late games, and i expect that'll continue this week. Now, I'll eat my words if we're knocked out by Idaho. Will those calling out the team and coach eat theirs if we get on a little run in Boise?

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:28 am

GoldstoneCat wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:30 am
MSmith1968 wrote:
joecat wrote:
aucat wrote:

That wasn't a team that had quit. A team that had quit would have let the PSU game get away when they were making every damn thing the entire game. We had a great look for harry with a minute left that would have put us down 1. A team that was quitting on the coach wouldn't have come off the deck down 17 in Missoula. Are we perfect? No, and Fish likely isn't the easiest guy to play for, to be sure. But our team is playing hard and fighting in these late games, and i expect that'll continue this week. Now, I'll eat my words if we're knocked out by Idaho. Will those calling out the team and coach eat theirs if we get on a little run in Boise?
Speaking for myself, I will ABSOLUTELY eat my words, gladly, if we show up well and make some noiseI That said, if I were to put money down on us winning this tournament - I probably wouldn't bet even if odds were 100 to 1. Sorry. :(

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

GoldstoneCat

Post by GoldstoneCat » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:08 pm

catatac wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:28 am
GoldstoneCat wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:30 am
MSmith1968 wrote:
joecat wrote:
aucat wrote:

Speaking for myself, I will ABSOLUTELY eat my words, gladly, if we show up well and make some noiseI That said, if I were to put money down on us winning this tournament - I probably wouldn't bet even if odds were 100 to 1. Sorry. :(
I don't think we'll win it, either. I think if we beat Idaho and eastern, that should be considered successful. Don't get me wrong, I'm not happy we lost 2 on the weekend, but I distinctly remember thinking that the guys competed and battled both games, especially PSU, where a lay- down would have been easy for them. I believe they'll compete in Boise, too.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:26 pm

I didn't see much of the Sac State game and none of the PSU game. Blevins was something like 25% from the field over both games. What's up with that? Most of his shots should be in the paint. We've got to get him going again.
I think we'll play our guts out against Idaho, but Idaho will probably set a school record for threes and beat us in a close one. It just feels like the right set of circumstances.

GoldstoneCat

Post by GoldstoneCat » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:39 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:26 pm
I didn't see much of the Sac State game and none of the PSU game. Blevins was something like 25% from the field over both games. What's up with that? Most of his shots should be in the paint. We've got to get him going again.
I think we'll play our guts out against Idaho, but Idaho will probably set a school record for threes and beat us in a close one. It just feels like the right set of circumstances.
He is on the struggle bus, for sure. Missing layups. I don't understand it, either, other than he's just a streaky guy. It's affecting his defense and rebounding too, IMO. Hopefully it'll turn for him, like, now.

Catfanatic84
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catfanatic84 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:08 pm

I was at the PSU game Saturday night...right behind the bench. Those guys were working their tails off. I am disappointed in losing the bye, but I am proud of how hard these guys work. I think we'll make some noise this week. Definitely need to get Blevins going...we need 15-20 points from him in addition to the 20-25 from Hall and Frey. Sprinkle in a few threes from Ricketts, good rebounding from Kirby and "poof" we're in the semi's.

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:21 pm

It seems as though Kirby isn't used in crunch time. They need Sam's defense and rebounding. If only Kirby was more physical.
They seem to "not contend" for rebounds, or play tight on outside shooters in crunch time either. I imagine they are playing hard, but why don't they run shooters off the 3 point line more?
We have 2.5 good scorers. Other teams have less pronounced scorers who seem to have career nights against us. I wish we could find out why!
Is the answer in defense?

2024 Resume dominance

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:45 pm

Helcat72 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:21 pm
It seems as though Kirby isn't used in crunch time. They need Sam's defense and rebounding. If only Kirby was more physical.
They seem to "not contend" for rebounds, or play tight on outside shooters in crunch time either. I imagine they are playing hard, but why don't they run shooters off the 3 point line more?
We have 2.5 good scorers. Other teams have less pronounced scorers who seem to have career nights against us. I wish we could find out why!
Is the answer in defense?
I've only seen a couple of games on Pluto, which means, I've only seen part of a couple of games. But, what I've seen is clearly a team that can score when Frey is moving the ball up the court and Neuman is playing with Hall. Scoring is streaky because we do go to the well on 3's without having an inside threat we can count on. So, it's about boxing out, rebounding and playing gutty defense...which we don't do so much. I would say "yes" to your question!