MBB vs Sac State

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Stayinyourlane
New Recruit
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:01 pm

Re: MBB vs Sac State

Post by Stayinyourlane » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:04 pm

Helcat72 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:52 pm
WTF happened to Harry? Sac must have a good matchup for him. Well there goes 3rd place it was nice to think about for 3 days.....
It's probably all those people on this site saying how GREAT Harry is!!!!! He is a good player but notice when he went off last week, Hall still have 15-18 points..Tonight Hall went off and Harry was non-existent. Just saying...



User avatar
Helcat72
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3394
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:47 pm
Location: Helena

Re: MBB vs Sac State

Post by Helcat72 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:10 pm

technoCat wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:00 pm
Don't even know how to feel about that game. If Sac would have shot half way decently we would have been destroyed. Just can't understand how we couldn't seem to get any decent shots late, everything seemed forced...
We seemed to completely forget about teamwork and had no answer for their defense. Get the ball to Tyler and hope! That may have even worked if they could play defense and rebound. We were leading in rebounding until crunch time, then Sac kicked our butts!

Well, we might get a win against Idaho on the first day of the tourney.


2018...Bobcats getting there

sacstateman
BobcatNation Redshirt
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:20 am

Re: MBB vs Sac State

Post by sacstateman » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:07 am

Not so easy when you don't shoot 31 more free throws than we do......Best team won tonight..... you may get Idaho in the first round so at least you have that to look forward to.........What happened to your savior Nikkarinen? ....he's made only 2 free throws since our game in January.....I'll wish you good luck because you're going to need it.....
Last edited by sacstateman on Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.



Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7807
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:55 pm
Location: Big Sky Country
Contact:

Re: MBB vs Sac State

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:52 am



TWITTER:@Skylinesportsmt
FACEBOOK
https://www.facebook.com/skylinesportsmt1
BIG SKY BREAKDOWN ON ITUNES
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/big ... 1131856462
SUBSCRIBE TO SKYLINE SPORTS
https://skylinesportsmt.com/subscriptions/

User avatar
mslacatfan
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3910
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:44 pm

Re: MBB vs Sac State

Post by mslacatfan » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:17 am

very competitive game up until the last 2 minutes, then the Cats decided to crap down their leg. like 5 possessions in a row that made you want to bang your head against the wall.

Bummer, as that would have been a crucial victory for Tourny seeding.

That spurt that Hall had was nuts, scoring 15 straight in like 80 seconds, some of the most difficult shots I've ever seen.


FTG- GO CATS GO!

User avatar
mslacatfan
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3910
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:44 pm

Re: MBB vs Sac State

Post by mslacatfan » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:33 am

after reading colters article-

wow, I did not realize Hall is now 9th all time for career 3's, in all Div 1...………. don't know if that makes me happy.... or just really pissed off that we have had this guy for 4 years and done absolutely nothing with him.

:-k ](*,)


FTG- GO CATS GO!

User avatar
technoCat
Member # Retired
Posts: 2609
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:06 pm
Location: Bozeman

Re: MBB vs Sac State

Post by technoCat » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:18 am

sacstateman wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:07 am
Not so easy when you don't shoot 31 more free throws than we do......Best team won tonight..... you may get Idaho in the first round so at least you have that to look forward to.........What happened to your savior Nikkarinen? ....he's made only 2 free throws since our game in January.....I'll wish you good luck because you're going to need it.....
I wouldn't brag up the officiating seeing as how your team got away with at least 3 egregious defensive fouls that turned into turnovers in the last 5 minutes and only won by 3. [-(


DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE 01/05/1984

John K
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7984
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:04 am
Location: Great Falls MT

Re: MBB vs Sac State

Post by John K » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:54 am

It never fails...just about the time we all started becoming really positive about the MBB team and their chances in the tourney, they went out and sort of laid an egg at Sac. No chance at 3rd now, and as Belgrade said, a loss to PSU will probably drop us all the way to 6th. There is one positive in that though....we'd draw last place Idaho in the 1st round of the tourney, and despite our abysmal post-season history over the last 20 years, I can't imagine that we'd lose to them. Although that's exactly what happened 2 years ago...as a 6 seed we lost to last place SUU in the first round. In all seriousness, going in as a 6 seed may be preferable to a 4/5 seed. If we beat UI, we'd likely get Weber in the QF, and they've sorta fallen apart during the 2nd half of conference play. That might be a better draw, than if we went in as a 4/5 and had to play the other 4/5 in the QF. With UM's loss to PSU last night, they may have blown the #1 seed after being in 1st place literally all season, as they are now tied with UNC for 1st, and I believe UNC holds the tie-breaker.



John K
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7984
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:04 am
Location: Great Falls MT

Re: MBB vs Sac State

Post by John K » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:59 am

Also, if some of us (including me) sometimes begin taking Tyler Hall for granted, we all should have been reminded of his greatness last night. He scored 14 straight MSU points in a span of less than 2 minutes in the 2nd half, including a couple shots that were truly amazing. He had only 13 midway thought the 2nd half, and then scored 21 the rest of the way to finish with 34.



sacstateman
BobcatNation Redshirt
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:20 am

Re: MBB vs Sac State

Post by sacstateman » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:13 am

technoCat wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:18 am
sacstateman wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:07 am
Not so easy when you don't shoot 31 more free throws than we do......Best team won tonight..... you may get Idaho in the first round so at least you have that to look forward to.........What happened to your savior Nikkarinen? ....he's made only 2 free throws since our game in January.....I'll wish you good luck because you're going to need it.....
I wouldn't brag up the officiating seeing as how your team got away with at least 3 egregious defensive fouls that turned into turnovers in the last 5 minutes and only won by 3. [-(
You are so used to your team getting calls on their flops that you act like you were robbed when the flop isn't called....I didn't "brag up" the officiating anyway.....Don't know exactly how you interpret my post to say that....ESL? The 3 pt final was because of a meaningless 3 at the buzzer by Hall...Game was not in doubt at that point as we didn't even defend the attempt....I wish we could get you again in the tourney just to show you how easy it really was....You had exactly 3 players score in the second half...not exactly the formula for success in a team game....



Catlady
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:47 am

Re: MBB vs Sac State

Post by Catlady » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:24 am

Hate to in any was disparage the Cats, but we do flop a lot. I’m not sure if it’s something Fish actually teaches, but Sam uses it to his advantage every game. It actually gets us 2-3 possessions a game. I don’t like it, but refs see things differently.
Last edited by Catlady on Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.



User avatar
CelticCat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 9398
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:55 pm
Location: Mt Vernon, WA

Re: MBB vs Sac State

Post by CelticCat » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:26 am

sacstateman wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:13 am
technoCat wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:18 am
sacstateman wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:07 am
Not so easy when you don't shoot 31 more free throws than we do......Best team won tonight..... you may get Idaho in the first round so at least you have that to look forward to.........What happened to your savior Nikkarinen? ....he's made only 2 free throws since our game in January.....I'll wish you good luck because you're going to need it.....
I wouldn't brag up the officiating seeing as how your team got away with at least 3 egregious defensive fouls that turned into turnovers in the last 5 minutes and only won by 3. [-(
You are so used to your team getting calls on their flops that you act like you were robbed when the flop isn't called....I didn't "brag up" the officiating anyway.....Don't know exactly how you interpret my post to say that....ESL? The 3 pt final was because of a meaningless 3 at the buzzer by Hall...Game was not in doubt at that point as we didn't even defend the attempt....I wish we could get you again in the tourney just to show you how easy it really was....You had exactly 3 players score in the second half...not exactly the formula for success in a team game....
Careful what you wish for.


R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://anchor.fm/rrcatcast
Twitter - @rrcatcast

GoldstoneCat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation
Posts: 836
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:27 pm

Re: MBB vs Sac State

Post by GoldstoneCat » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:34 am

sacstateman wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:13 am
technoCat wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:18 am
sacstateman wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:07 am
Not so easy when you don't shoot 31 more free throws than we do......Best team won tonight..... you may get Idaho in the first round so at least you have that to look forward to.........What happened to your savior Nikkarinen? ....he's made only 2 free throws since our game in January.....I'll wish you good luck because you're going to need it.....
I wouldn't brag up the officiating seeing as how your team got away with at least 3 egregious defensive fouls that turned into turnovers in the last 5 minutes and only won by 3. [-(
You are so used to your team getting calls on their flops that you act like you were robbed when the flop isn't called....I didn't "brag up" the officiating anyway.....Don't know exactly how you interpret my post to say that....ESL? The 3 pt final was because of a meaningless 3 at the buzzer by Hall...Game was not in doubt at that point as we didn't even defend the attempt....I wish we could get you again in the tourney just to show you how easy it really was....You had exactly 3 players score in the second half...not exactly the formula for success in a team game....
You're not beating anybody better than the 9 seed on a neutral floor. Sorry. We played as bad as we have for 6 weeks last night and lost by 3 in your gym. Let's not get carried away.



phantom
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 260
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:58 pm

Re: MBB vs Sac State

Post by phantom » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:46 am

sacstateman wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:13 am
technoCat wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:18 am
sacstateman wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:07 am
Not so easy when you don't shoot 31 more free throws than we do......Best team won tonight..... you may get Idaho in the first round so at least you have that to look forward to.........What happened to your savior Nikkarinen? ....he's made only 2 free throws since our game in January.....I'll wish you good luck because you're going to need it.....
I wouldn't brag up the officiating seeing as how your team got away with at least 3 egregious defensive fouls that turned into turnovers in the last 5 minutes and only won by 3. [-(
You are so used to your team getting calls on their flops that you act like you were robbed when the flop isn't called....I didn't "brag up" the officiating anyway.....Don't know exactly how you interpret my post to say that....ESL? The 3 pt final was because of a meaningless 3 at the buzzer by Hall...Game was not in doubt at that point as we didn't even defend the attempt....I wish we could get you again in the tourney just to show you how easy it really was....You had exactly 3 players score in the second half...not exactly the formula for success in a team game....
Dude, you’re revealing yourself as basketball stupid. You’re still whining about a game two months ago when your team played absolutely stupid, kept hacking away and then whined because the officials kept calling the same things over and over again. If your team was any good and decently coached, it wouldn’t be so disappointing to lose to them.



User avatar
catatac
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5593
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:37 pm

Re: MBB vs Sac State

Post by catatac » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:29 pm

John K wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:54 am
It never fails...just about the time we all started becoming really positive about the MBB team and their chances in the tourney, they went out and sort of laid an egg at Sac. No chance at 3rd now, and as Belgrade said, a loss to PSU will probably drop us all the way to 6th. There is one positive in that though....we'd draw last place Idaho in the 1st round of the tourney, and despite our abysmal post-season history over the last 20 years, I can't imagine that we'd lose to them. Although that's exactly what happened 2 years ago...as a 6 seed we lost to last place SUU in the first round. In all seriousness, going in as a 6 seed may be preferable to a 4/5 seed. If we beat UI, we'd likely get Weber in the QF, and they've sorta fallen apart during the 2nd half of conference play. That might be a better draw, than if we went in as a 4/5 and had to play the other 4/5 in the QF. With UM's loss to PSU last night, they may have blown the #1 seed after being in 1st place literally all season, as they are now tied with UNC for 1st, and I believe UNC holds the tie-breaker.
Nope, not me! Seriously, I saw a lot of posts on here talking about how good we were going in March, etc... and I've just been sitting back and taking a wait and see approach. Still am. I didn't have much confidence we'll make any noise in the tourney, and that didn't change at all last night. I just assume we'll get bounced early and watch whatever team wins the tourney, go compete in the big dance. If they somehow surprise me, great!


Great time to be a BOBCAT!

User avatar
catatac
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5593
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:37 pm

Re: MBB vs Sac State

Post by catatac » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:35 pm

John K wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:59 am
Also, if some of us (including me) sometimes begin taking Tyler Hall for granted, we all should have been reminded of his greatness last night. He scored 14 straight MSU points in a span of less than 2 minutes in the 2nd half, including a couple shots that were truly amazing. He had only 13 midway thought the 2nd half, and then scored 21 the rest of the way to finish with 34.
Totally agree, he's an awesome player! That said, he missed a bunch of 3's in a row just like last game, before he got hot. We're just not going to win with a one player mentality, needed to really get back to team ball.


Great time to be a BOBCAT!

sacstateman
BobcatNation Redshirt
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:20 am

Re: MBB vs Sac State

Post by sacstateman » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:02 pm

phantom wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:46 am
sacstateman wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:13 am
technoCat wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:18 am
sacstateman wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:07 am
Not so easy when you don't shoot 31 more free throws than we do......Best team won tonight..... you may get Idaho in the first round so at least you have that to look forward to.........What happened to your savior Nikkarinen? ....he's made only 2 free throws since our game in January.....I'll wish you good luck because you're going to need it.....
I wouldn't brag up the officiating seeing as how your team got away with at least 3 egregious defensive fouls that turned into turnovers in the last 5 minutes and only won by 3. [-(
You are so used to your team getting calls on their flops that you act like you were robbed when the flop isn't called....I didn't "brag up" the officiating anyway.....Don't know exactly how you interpret my post to say that....ESL? The 3 pt final was because of a meaningless 3 at the buzzer by Hall...Game was not in doubt at that point as we didn't even defend the attempt....I wish we could get you again in the tourney just to show you how easy it really was....You had exactly 3 players score in the second half...not exactly the formula for success in a team game....
Dude, you’re revealing yourself as basketball stupid. You’re still whining about a game two months ago when your team played absolutely stupid, kept hacking away and then whined because the officials kept calling the same things over and over again. If your team was any good and decently coached, it wouldn’t be so disappointing to lose to them.

By calling me "Dude" you have revealed yourself as a young punk who couldn't possibly have played, coached or observed a fraction of the basketball that I have....Therefore, your opinion means exactly nothing to me...



Grizaddict
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1118
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:09 pm

Re: MBB vs Sac State

Post by Grizaddict » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:13 pm

John K wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:54 am
It never fails...just about the time we all started becoming really positive about the MBB team and their chances in the tourney, they went out and sort of laid an egg at Sac. No chance at 3rd now, and as Belgrade said, a loss to PSU will probably drop us all the way to 6th. There is one positive in that though....we'd draw last place Idaho in the 1st round of the tourney, and despite our abysmal post-season history over the last 20 years, I can't imagine that we'd lose to them. Although that's exactly what happened 2 years ago...as a 6 seed we lost to last place SUU in the first round. In all seriousness, going in as a 6 seed may be preferable to a 4/5 seed. If we beat UI, we'd likely get Weber in the QF, and they've sorta fallen apart during the 2nd half of conference play. That might be a better draw, than if we went in as a 4/5 and had to play the other 4/5 in the QF. With UM's loss to PSU last night, they may have blown the #1 seed after being in 1st place literally all season, as they are now tied with UNC for 1st, and I believe UNC holds the tie-breaker.
The Griz hold the tie breaker over NoCo. If they win Saturday at Sac St they seal the championship and 1 seed. I’m not convinced they’ll beat Sac though without Akoh. Hey haven’t looked good at all in last 3-4 games and it’s catching up to them without his presence.



phantom
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 260
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:58 pm

Re: MBB vs Sac State

Post by phantom » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:57 pm

sacstateman wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:02 pm
phantom wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:46 am
sacstateman wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:13 am
technoCat wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:18 am
sacstateman wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:07 am
Not so easy when you don't shoot 31 more free throws than we do......Best team won tonight..... you may get Idaho in the first round so at least you have that to look forward to.........What happened to your savior Nikkarinen? ....he's made only 2 free throws since our game in January.....I'll wish you good luck because you're going to need it.....
I wouldn't brag up the officiating seeing as how your team got away with at least 3 egregious defensive fouls that turned into turnovers in the last 5 minutes and only won by 3. [-(
You are so used to your team getting calls on their flops that you act like you were robbed when the flop isn't called....I didn't "brag up" the officiating anyway.....Don't know exactly how you interpret my post to say that....ESL? The 3 pt final was because of a meaningless 3 at the buzzer by Hall...Game was not in doubt at that point as we didn't even defend the attempt....I wish we could get you again in the tourney just to show you how easy it really was....You had exactly 3 players score in the second half...not exactly the formula for success in a team game....
Dude, you’re revealing yourself as basketball stupid. You’re still whining about a game two months ago when your team played absolutely stupid, kept hacking away and then whined because the officials kept calling the same things over and over again. If your team was any good and decently coached, it wouldn’t be so disappointing to lose to them.

By calling me "Dude" you have revealed yourself as a young punk who couldn't possibly have played, coached or observed a fraction of the basketball that I have....Therefore, your opinion means exactly nothing to me...
Been coaching for over 30 years and have forgotten more about the game than you’ll ever know.



User avatar
catsrback76
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6772
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:18 am
Location: 2300 meters up in Ethiopia!

Re: MBB vs Sac State

Post by catsrback76 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:27 pm

catatac wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:35 pm
John K wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:59 am
Also, if some of us (including me) sometimes begin taking Tyler Hall for granted, we all should have been reminded of his greatness last night. He scored 14 straight MSU points in a span of less than 2 minutes in the 2nd half, including a couple shots that were truly amazing. He had only 13 midway thought the 2nd half, and then scored 21 the rest of the way to finish with 34.
Totally agree, he's an awesome player! That said, he missed a bunch of 3's in a row just like last game, before he got hot. We're just not going to win with a one player mentality, needed to really get back to team ball.



Post Reply