WBB vs UM

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Re: WBB vs UM

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:28 pm

Helcat72 wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:49 pm
Almost every night SWX has a Grizzly feature, and Shaun Rainey is the host so if we want the publicity we have to have our own broadcast that goes statewide. They mention the Bobcats almost out of a mandate to cover "other" teams in the BSC. Last night they drew a comparison to the academy awards giving the Griz and Lady Griz all the "awards" except the best female lead to Oliana Squires.
We have Brian Fish and Tricia Binford on our show every week. We have an MSU player guest on every week. We record our ESPN Roundtable - long form 30-minute interview profiling a subject — this week with Harald Frey. I will post here.

If you are not in Western Montana, you can listen to and watch our show on SWX Television Monday-Friday 4-6 p.m. Tune in. We have more Bobcat content than anywhere in the state outside of Bozeman. You can also find all of the show archived daily in our podcasts, which you can find on ITunes, Spotify, TuneIn Radio and on our website 1029espn.com.

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by WalkOn79 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:40 pm

John K wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:50 pm
WeedKillinCat wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:44 pm
My question is how long will they keep Shannon around? Her record from what I can tell so far is 33-52.
I know they've been hit hard by injuries, not just this year, but the last three years really. But still, a record of 33-52 is pretty shocking, considering they just absolutely dominated the BSC for....well pretty much the entire history of the conference. The last few years under Selvig they weren't quite as dominant as they had been during most of his tenure, but they were still pretty much a perennial BSC title contender. Going 2-7 against MSU would have been unthinkable a few years ago.

On a side note, I watched both the ABC and CBS local news broadcasts Saturday night, and both covered the men's game including highlights, but had nothing about the women's game...didn't even mention the score. Serious question....is that simply because men's basketball is more popular than women's, or yet another example of Griz bias in the local media, since MSU won the women's game and UM won the men's game? Interestingly, both channels had pretty much equal coverage of boy's versus girl's high school tournaments. Does that answer my question?
The women's highlights were on at 5:30 :)

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:42 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:28 pm
Helcat72 wrote:
Almost every night SWX has a Grizzly feature, and Shaun Rainey is the host so if we want the publicity we have to have our own broadcast that goes statewide. They mention the Bobcats almost out of a mandate to cover "other" teams in the BSC. Last night they drew a comparison to the academy awards giving the Griz and Lady Griz all the "awards" except the best female lead to Oliana Squires.
We have Brian Fish and Tricia Binford on our show every week. We have an MSU player guest on every week. We record our ESPN Roundtable - long form 30-minute interview profiling a subject — this week with Harald Frey. I will post here.

If you are not in Western Montana, you can listen to and watch our show on SWX Television Monday-Friday 4-6 p.m. Tune in. We have more Bobcat content than anywhere in the state outside of Bozeman. You can also find all of the show archived daily in our podcasts, which you can find on ITunes, Spotify, TuneIn Radio and on our website 1029espn.com.
I must admit that I watch SWX at 10:30 - 11:00 each night and so I have missed the Bobcat coverage. That is the time I watch local news. I'll check it out!

2024 Resume dominance

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:31 am

Helcat72 wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:42 pm
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:28 pm
Helcat72 wrote:
We have Brian Fish and Tricia Binford on our show every week. We have an MSU player guest on every week. We record our ESPN Roundtable - long form 30-minute interview profiling a subject — this week with Harald Frey. I will post here.

I must admit that I watch SWX at 10:30 - 11:00 each night and so I have missed the Bobcat coverage. That is the time I watch local news. I'll check it out!
You can find the podcast any time you want. And the TV side of the show is archived on the Watch SWX app