WBB vs EWU

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Post Reply
Catlady
BobcatNation Redshirt
Posts: 76
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:47 am

WBB vs EWU

Post by Catlady » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:44 pm

Time to get some payback! Shouldn’t have lost in Bozeman!



User avatar
nevadacat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1159
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:25 am
Location: Las Vegas

Re: WBB vs EWU

Post by nevadacat » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:26 am

Catlady wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:44 pm
Time to get some payback! Shouldn’t have lost in Bozeman!
Indeed. Need to stop giving up uncontested layups.


...for today we raise, the BLUE and GOLD to wave victorious!... GO CATS GO!

BobcatDel
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 195
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:54 pm

Re: WBB vs EWU

Post by BobcatDel » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:58 am

As much as winning would be fun, it won't be easy losing the 6th leading scorer in the conference and the leading scorer on your team. You take 15 points per game out of the line-up.... it is a big big impact. I know... a "duh" statement that you all well understand.

I will mainly be hoping the rest of the crew "picks up their game", the juniors show leadership and the team chemistry starts to develop without a key cog in the line-up. They should be "ticked off" at the earlier loss but it will be a new team on the court..... sometimes a key loss can help gel a team in other ways.

Claire's MRI is tomorrow, Friday, so hoping for the best.



Ilikecats
BobcatNation Redshirt
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:50 pm

Re: WBB vs EWU

Post by Ilikecats » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:38 am

Don’t agree with your comments.... it’s about the next player up! We handled Montana without Kuderer! Difficult to see Claire injured and wish her the best, but teams have a bench for a reason and there’s no excuses! Time to play basketball!



User avatar
Helcat72
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3319
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:47 pm
Location: Helena

Re: WBB vs EWU

Post by Helcat72 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:07 pm

Well, they really came to play. I didn't see much due to the men's game, but they were up 2 at the half and stayed close until the 4th when they got a couple stops and good shots and walked away with it.
I thought Hilborn played well along with Smith and Braxton inside. Oly was steady and a lot of young kids stepped up. So I guess they will play like crap next game.....
Last edited by Helcat72 on Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.


2018...Bobcats getting there

Catlady
BobcatNation Redshirt
Posts: 76
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:47 am

Re: WBB vs EWU

Post by Catlady » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:09 pm

Helcat72 wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:07 pm
Well, they really came to play. I didn't see much due to the men's game, but they were up 2 at the half and stayed close until the 4th when they got a couple stops and good shots and walked away with it.
I thought Hilborn played well along with Smith and Dawkins inside. Oly was steady and a lot of young kids stepped up. So I guess they will play like crap next game.....
Braxton got 13 rebs! 4 offensive and 3 blocks. Defense won this game and the effort was tremendous!



Ilikecats
BobcatNation Redshirt
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:50 pm

Re: WBB vs EWU

Post by Ilikecats » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:12 pm

Dawkins? 😂😂😂😂😂



User avatar
BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5944
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:52 pm
Location: Belgrade, Montana

Re: WBB vs EWU

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:31 pm

Who guarded EWU's stud who got 37 on us in Bozeman? Great win-huge to get at least a split on that road trip. Keeps them in the running for a first round bye. =D^



BobcatDel
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 195
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:54 pm

Re: WBB vs EWU

Post by BobcatDel » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:41 pm

Way to go ladies!!! Must have been a great defensive effort. Sounds like Blaire came to play!



User avatar
Helcat72
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3319
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:47 pm
Location: Helena

Re: WBB vs EWU

Post by Helcat72 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:44 pm

Catlady wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:09 pm
Helcat72 wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:07 pm
Well, they really came to play. I didn't see much due to the men's game, but they were up 2 at the half and stayed close until the 4th when they got a couple stops and good shots and walked away with it.
I thought Hilborn played well along with Smith and Braxton inside. Oly was steady and a lot of young kids stepped up. So I guess they will play like crap next game.....

Braxton got 13 rebs! 4 offensive and 3 blocks. Defense won this game and the effort was tremendous!
I meant Braxton...sorry! Hilborn had 4 assists and 5 points. Kuderer also stepped up and led them in scoring.


2018...Bobcats getting there

BobcatDel
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 195
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:54 pm

Re: WBB vs EWU

Post by BobcatDel » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:51 pm

Helcat72 wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:44 pm
Catlady wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:09 pm
Helcat72 wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:07 pm
Well, they really came to play. I didn't see much due to the men's game, but they were up 2 at the half and stayed close until the 4th when they got a couple stops and good shots and walked away with it.
I thought Hilborn played well along with Smith and Braxton inside. Oly was steady and a lot of young kids stepped up. So I guess they will play like crap next game.....



Braxton got 13 rebs! 4 offensive and 3 blocks. Defense won this game and the effort was tremendous!
I meant Braxton...sorry! Hilborn had 4 assists and 5 points. Kuderer also stepped up and led them in scoring.
No apology needed...we knew who you meant! Thanks for the additional info.



BobcatDel
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 195
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:54 pm

Re: WBB vs EWU

Post by BobcatDel » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:03 pm

BobcatDel wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:51 pm
Helcat72 wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:44 pm
Catlady wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:09 pm
Helcat72 wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:07 pm
Well, they really came to play. I didn't see much due to the men's game, but they were up 2 at the half and stayed close until the 4th when they got a couple stops and good shots and walked away with it.
I thought Hilborn played well along with Smith and Braxton inside. Oly was steady and a lot of young kids stepped up. So I guess they will play like crap next game.....



Braxton got 13 rebs! 4 offensive and 3 blocks. Defense won this game and the effort was tremendous!
I meant Braxton...sorry! Hilborn had 4 assists and 5 points. Kuderer also stepped up and led them in scoring.
No apology needed...we knew who you meant! Thanks for the additional info.
But you did make me think....I wonder what Alexa Dawkins is doing now. I think she was a senior on the 2015-16 team......and she still shows up in the record book as one of the most durable players (around 115 games played in 4 years which ranks on the Top 10 all time list at MSU.)

Just kinda interested to see how/what they are doing. Fun catching up and visiting with Riley and Delaney at Cat-Griz game.



aucat
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 615
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:13 am

Re: WBB vs EWU

Post by aucat » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:17 pm

I've said it before and I'll say it again: you never now what women's MSU team is going to show up.

After a great win against UM, we looked horrible at home against UNC. So then we go on the road
and whip EWU by 14 and hold them to 47 after they scored 89 on us here.

Go figure. I wouldn't even attempt to predict what they will do next. Totally unpredictable.

Always glad when they play good. Frankly, I just wish they could learn to play consistently.



Post Reply