WBB vs. Northern Colorado

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

WBB vs. Northern Colorado

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:58 pm

Game is tonight at 6PM in Shroyer due to the Wizard of Oz in Worthington Arena.
Not great scheduling.
Cue the "we should play all women't games in Shroyer because it's such a great atmosphere" arguments.
Important game for this team. Can they break out of the win one-lose one pattern they seem to be stuck in.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Re: WBB vs. Northern Colorado

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:54 pm

We give up 37 points to Savannah Smith and lose. How does that happen. It's not like a surprise that Savannah Smith is really good and needs to be guarded very closely. This team's perimeter defense is just the worst...except for our men's team maybe. Now we go on the road to two teams we've already lost to. Dang.

BobcatDel
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by BobcatDel » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:26 pm

Any word on Lundberg injury? That would be a big loss for second half of season if serious.

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:30 pm

If they didn't have bad luck......
We have been fairly healthy all year with exception of a few games, nothing season ending....so I guess its our turn. Let's hope Lundberg is an exception!

2024 Resume dominance

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:31 pm

According to Lauren Chauvin on twitter-no diagnosis yet-waiting for the swelling to go down. Really a scary deal there.

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:34 pm

Can't seem to catch the energy and drive two games in a row. Sign of a young team. Nex5vuear should he a good one! UNC loses Savannah, Idaho loses the splash twins, UM loses Henderson, PSU loses several good tall players. We should be in the top 3 if the young girls work hard in the off season.

They need to get stronger because their old nemesis ISU will be there haunting them.

2024 Resume dominance

aucat

Post by aucat » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:18 pm

No surprise. You never know which Lady Cats team will show up. The one tonight bore no resemblance to the one that ran over the Lady Griz. The women’s Big Sky tournament ought to be a wild one. Looks wide open

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:23 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:54 pm
We give up 37 points to Savannah Smith and lose. How does that happen. It's not like a surprise that Savannah Smith is really good and needs to be guarded very closely. This team's perimeter defense is just the worst...except for our men's team maybe. Now we go on the road to two teams we've already lost to. Dang.
I didn't see Smith play last year.... but it was easy to see why she was the league MVP last year and looks to be headed there this year. Fastest person on the court...half step faster than anyone else, worked hard with and without the ball, shot the 3 ball from NBA range a couple times, great vision to hit the open player with some excellent passes. Nothing special on defense but obviously the floor general on offense. UNC lost 2 onference games now...one to last place Weber and the other to the Bobcats at their place...not sure how that happened as I didn't see that game.

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:29 pm

BobcatDel wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:26 pm
Any word on Lundberg injury? That would be a big loss for second half of season if serious.
Can someone who was at the game please describe what they saw on the play when Claire was injured? Since you cannot rewind PlutoTV it wasn't possible to get more looks.

It looked like a typical out-of-control rough play with that referee. Earlier in the same sequence it looked like a Northern Colorado player landed on Hilborn's back, doubling her over, and no whistle. Things escalated and all of a sudden Claire was down.

Thoughts and prayers are with her this night.

Joe Bobcat

Post by Joe Bobcat » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:42 pm

Yeah it would have been nice to see the lady Cats do a bit better tonight but give credit where credit is due. That team from Colorado has a number of really athletic and basketball savvy ladies and as a team are very insync with each other. Smith is to them what Hall is to our men’s team.
Keep developing ladies your best is yet to come.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:43 pm

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:29 pm
BobcatDel wrote:
Can someone who was at the game please describe what they saw on the play when Claire was injured? Since you cannot rewind PlutoTV it wasn't possible to get more looks.

It looked like a typical out-of-control rough play with that referee. Earlier in the same sequence it looked like a Northern Colorado player landed on Hilborn's back, doubling her over, and no whistle. Things escalated and all of a sudden Claire was down.

I'm not much help. I was focused elsewhere, turned back and saw her going to the floor.

Joe Bobcat

Post by Joe Bobcat » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:00 am

I couldn’t say for sure but wondered if a unc player stepped on her foot as she was going to the hoop between two players. It happened so dang fast and she hit the floor awfully hard. At first I was worried that she was knocked out.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:53 am

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:29 pm
BobcatDel wrote:

The bald ref was awful as usual. Prancing around like he's somebody and yacking it up with the coaches and players while missing calls all over the place. He's the worst!!

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:09 am

It’s a knee injury for Lundberg and early prognosis is not good.

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:16 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:09 am
Damn! That will be big to lose the leading scorer and only senior. I guess a best case scenario is a sprain and she comes back tournament time. Worst case is career at MSU is over.

Will have to see if the juniors step up and show leadership.

Primary focus and concern right now is Claire's health and recovery.

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:46 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:09 am
CRAP!

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz