Hall set to become BSC's best

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Camo_Cat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Hall set to become BSC's best

Post by Camo_Cat » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:09 am

Tyler Hall is 56 points away from becoming the all-time scoring leader in Big Sky Conference history. Chances are that he won't accomplish that feat at home this Saturday against SacState (although - if he did, that would also set the BSC record for most points scored in a game). If he has two games like he did last night, he will break the record against Idaho on the 10th in Moscow.

Selfishly, I am hoping he doesn't, but rather has 2 good games and is just a few points away when the Cats return home on the 14th against UNC. I would rather see him get the record at home. If he's close against UI, does Fish pull him for the chance to do it in Bozeman?

If he has the chance to break the record at home, I really hope Cat fans acknowledge that, and come out to the game in full force. I hope MSU has something special planned for the occasion, regardless of if he breaks the record at Idaho or does it at home. He's been a once-in-a-lifetime player, and we may not see that kind of talent again in a loooooong time.

"I love Bozeman. I love these people. I love the Cats. I even love this weather. You think I'm gonna pick Missoula? You're crazy - gimme the Cat head!!" -- Lee Corso, ESPN GameDay

Camo_Cat

Re: Hall set to become BSC's best

Post by Camo_Cat » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:59 pm

Tyler had 9 points today, putting him 47 away from the BSC scoring record. A big game against Idaho would put him in position to break the record at home against UNC.

"I love Bozeman. I love these people. I love the Cats. I even love this weather. You think I'm gonna pick Missoula? You're crazy - gimme the Cat head!!" -- Lee Corso, ESPN GameDay

msu_agfan
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by msu_agfan » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:37 pm

I can't imagine pulling Tyler so he can beat a record at home, unless we are up by 20 with 2 minutes to go... regardless, I do hope there is something special to recognize and celebrate with Tyler. Perhaps the next home game they could have a real cool video to play , even at halftime or something... we could the share it all over social media as well...

Animal Science/ Ag Business '96

Camo_Cat

Post by Camo_Cat » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:48 am

Hall dropped 20 last night against Idaho, which puts him 27 points away from the BSC all-time scoring record. It's very possible, as he has had many games in his career scoring over 30 points. Will we see a record broken Monday night in Bozeman against UNC? Pretty exciting season we have going so far, with Hall becoming one of the best the BSC has ever seen and our men's team playing well beyond expectations and putting themselves among the best in the Big Sky. C'mon Cat fans - let's pack the Brick on Monday night and give this team and Tyler Hall some love!

Camo_Cat

Post by Camo_Cat » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:27 pm

With 25 points Monday night, Tyler just missed setting the BSC career scoring record by two. Such a bummer the Cats couldn't pull out the win and Tyler couldn't set the record at home. Instead, he will get the record Saturday at EWU's Reese Court.

I was at Monday's game, and couldn't have more proud of the way our guys fought, or more disappointed in the turnout of fans. This article really provides some good point of view of how Tyler's achievements, and Bobcat basketball in general, largely get ignored:

https://helenair.com/sports/college/big ... the-latest

Ilikecats
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Ilikecats » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:35 pm

Glad to see a cat have reach such an important accomplishment, but hard to celebrate unless the team was winning during the same time period. I’m sure Tyler would say it’s a team game. Great individual honor, wish it came with more wins for the team.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:19 pm

Tyler talks about the record in this podcast

Big Sky Breakdown times

ESPN Roundtable with Bobby Moorehead – 2:00

Tricia Binford – 28:40

Brian Fish – 38:15

Tyler Hall – 47:15

Travis DeCuire – 56:47

BelgradeBobcat