WBB vs. Southern Utah

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

WBB vs. Southern Utah

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:54 pm

Bobcats hang on for the 69-64 win. They won this one from the free throw line-I think only missing 3 the whole game. Got off to a great start in the 3rd quarter and got a pretty big lead. SUU chipped away at it and were down only three with the ball with less than a minute to go. The girl from Montana City, Kamden Hilborn, drew a charge to get us the ball back-that was huge.
Seemed to have a terrible time hitting layups all game long-they just wouldn't fall. And way, way too many turnovers again. SUU is a vastly improved with their new coach, and they are very young. Shout out to Megan Kamps from Churchill. The Manhattan Christian alum had 6 points for SUU and brought a big cheering section to the game.

CatRowdy
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: WBB vs. Southern Utah

Post by CatRowdy » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:22 pm

The team still doesn't look cohesive. We have so much talent on this team, and when they play well together they appear unstoppable, but tonight they just couldn't put together a whole quarter together. The ladies did look great rebounding, and as previously mentioned their free throws were great (19/22). Other shooting sucked... we didn't get a 3 point shot until mid 2nd quarter... ended up 4/19 and 40% on FG's. The run in the 3rd quarter shows what they can do, but then they halted; partially because S Utah started exploiting our zone defense and we didn't adjust. Another thing tonight was Halle Wright played 33 minutes and seemed to start getting gassed. She's a great player, but she looked like she needed a rest yet Trish left her in, so I'm sure she had her reasons. Overall I'm still excited for this team but I hope they find someway to accelerate their flow and cohesiveness on the court.