MBB vs NoDak

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

RobertCats
Member # Retired

MBB vs NoDak

Post by RobertCats » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:47 pm

Starting
Frey
Hall
Ricketts
Blevins
Kirby

I think this is our ideal starting five, hopefully the “Harry playing off the ball” experiment is over!

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Re: MBB vs NoDak

Post by RobertCats » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:12 pm

At 16:00 we just did a mass sub of Lassi, Guliford, Neuman, Daniels and Harana. Not sure who the hell is going to score out of this unit.

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:51 pm

34-36 at the half. Hall with only two points. Getting to the rim which is really nice to see, been bumped two or three times with no call. Giving up WAY too many open 3’s in our zone.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:54 pm

79-76 Cats

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:59 pm

Cats win! 81-76, ALL FIVE starters in double figures. Blevins leads with 18 and a huge dunk in front of his cousin Damian Lillard. Kirby goes for 14-10 and was very active, especially on the offensive glass. Ricketts was aggressive with his shot and hit some big threes. A nice team win, the boys fought hard!

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:02 pm

Cats go 18-21 at the line...but their three misses came in the last 16 seconds. We also turn it over in the last 10 seconds but UND missed a three that would have given them the lead. MSU holds on by their finger nails to get a much, much needed win against a Big Sky like North Dakota team.
Damian Lillard of the Portland Trailblazers on hand to watch his cousin Keljin Blevins play. Blevins was the player of the game with a sweet baby hook and a steal and dunk to put us on the run that got us a 7 point lead right near the end. Tyler Hall goes over 2000 career points. Only the 2nd Bobcat to do that.

msu_agfan
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by msu_agfan » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:09 pm

We needed a win and we got one. Against a red hot 3pt shooting team. Against our nemesis who beat us at the conference tourney last year after we were ahead by 19 at the half. They also have Seals who has some connection to Tyler Hall in high school I believe, and always defends Tyler amazingly well. Great win!

Animal Science/ Ag Business '96

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:28 pm

To say we needed that win was an understatement! Nice win for Fish and his guys. Big surprise of the season is Kirby. He is quietly getting better and better each game. His scoring is up his rebounding is solid and getting better and he is doing it very efficiently. He even shot it well from the free throw line. A legit big man on the floor for the Bobcats, from someone no body was really expecting it from 4-6 month ago! Lets build on this!

Catfanatic84

Post by Catfanatic84 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:49 pm

Good win by the Cats...been a tough non-conference slate....hope they continue to get better and get ready for conference play.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:48 pm

aucat

Post by aucat » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:16 am

As the announcers said, UND is more like the teams MSU will face come conference play. I have
no idea why we need to go play the kind of non conference schedule we do and get the daylights
beat out of us.

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:27 am

I've been pretty hard on Fish, but I think this is a good win especially when you consider it wasn't the Hall Show; he was just another guy on the floor. So, we won a good game without having to rely on one guy and without hitting our maximum upside potential.

Having said that, after giving it some thought I think the tough schedule might end up being a good thing. We'll have almost no shot at ever getting an at-large bid to the tourney, which means we'll have to get the autobid. In my judgment, playing this tough schedule gets our guys conditioned for tough games and doesn't hurt us in any way as far as league play goes.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

thefrank1

Post by thefrank1 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:31 pm

A weak schedule does nothing to prepare a team for adversity. Fish has been pretty clear on why he scheduled the way he did. Experience and cash. I find nothing wrong with his reasoning.

I believe the tough games have actually helped the team come together. The second half of the Arkansas game was a significant step towards this goal. They displayed maturity and patience. They played as a team. The ND game reinforced this attitude.

Bring on the Sky, we will be ready.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

Ilikecats
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Ilikecats » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:28 pm

I love all the enthusiasm and wish nothing but the best for the Bobcats. I personally think it’s going to be a tough year for the program. Fooling yourself if you think Tyler is just another player on the court.

I agree! Bring on the Big Sky! I just hope that if the program doesn’t reach the expected levels for this season that we hold the appropriate individuals accountable. MSU has to many positives to allow for such a publicly recognized part of our athletic department to not be performing.

lakesbison
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by lakesbison » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:06 pm

Und. Picked last in summit. I'd be worried if I were you. Omaha will be a better test for you

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:31 pm

lakesbison wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:06 pm
Und. Picked last in summit. I'd be worried if I were you. Omaha will be a better test for you
What?! You’d be worried? This is BRAND new information!

Literally every person on this board has been so high on this team and it’s coaching for years now! We know we’re an elite squad! Just got to put it together!

And no way und is picked to be last in a VERY tough summit. That’s impossible. They’re way to good.

Siouxfan
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Siouxfan » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:18 pm

lakesbison wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:06 pm
NDSU should have been picked last. Their own fans say that and they want their coach canned now.

UND is very young with a freshmen class, including Europeans, that can shoot. The two seniors, Avants and Seales, can’t do everything but are relied on for rebounding. The best recruit out of ND in years just signed with UND.

NDSU is really falling off the pace in all other sports because the only thing their fans care about is fb. Go Bobcats on Saturday.

lakesbison
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by lakesbison » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:37 pm

Lol. Surrrrre