MBB at Arkansas

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

MBB at Arkansas

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:43 pm

Game is on watchespn.com. Tyler Hall is hitting a bunch of threes to make it look a little better. We trail 47-27 late in the first half.

Blevins is from Hot Springs, Arkansas. He's fulfilling a dream to play in Bud Walton Arena. His mom is making Thanksgiving dinner for the team tomorrow. So that's pretty neat.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Re: MBB at Arkansas

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:52 pm

54-38 at the half. Hall has 23. Ricketts hit a nice three. Harry can't hit anything-really struggling this year with his shot. But when Daniels and Nikkarinin handled the ball it was nothing but turnovers. Harry has to be primary ball handler on this team. Arkansas is loaded. And they press all the time-thus this is brutal.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:20 pm

According to the Arkansas announcers. Fish told them the money made from the Indiana game and the Arkansas game will pay for five charters to conference road games this season and saves 75 bus hours.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:06 pm

Final was 90-68. Improvement over the Indiana game for sure. Hall didn't get many looks in the second half. Ended up with 29. They competed hard, but we were just way in over our heads.
Last edited by BelgradeBobcat on Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:07 pm

We were terrible on free throws-mostly missed by Kirby and Blevins. Nobody guarding you there-should do better.

msu_agfan
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by msu_agfan » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:15 pm

I like that it seems we are getting more looks inside, and if that continues to improve it should be a great thing. Us winning the rebound battle is also a plus from this game.

Animal Science/ Ag Business '96

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:35 pm

Haruna with only 4 mins?

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:05 am

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:20 pm
According to the Arkansas announcers. Fish told them the money made from the Indiana game and the Arkansas game will pay for five charters to conference road games this season and saves 75 bus hours.
He told me this as well. The conference season is going to be an even bigger grind with 20 games in 10 weeks. No one-game weeks anymore, not even when Montana State plays the Griz. And the league got rid of travel partners so MSU will have to go to Idaho and Eastern Washington ON SEPARATE TRIPS. So Fish is trying to mitigate the travel by taking charters and avoiding busses on trips like Southern Utah, Northern Arizona etc.

thefrank1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by thefrank1 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:44 am

Missed the first half. I thought we showed a lot of poise in the second against the press. Kirby continues to impress me with his play. The growth of the team is beginning to show.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."