A couple of basketball games today.

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

A couple of basketball games today.

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:34 pm

The men got beat handily by UC Santa Barbara. UCSB is a very good team and will probably be in the mix in the Big West.
The women however, beat Texas State on their home floor! I have no idea if TSU is any good or not, but a true non-conference road win is nothing to sneeze at.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Re: A couple of basketball games today.

Post by MSU01 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:19 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:34 pm
The men got beat handily by UC Santa Barbara. UCSB is a very good team and will probably be in the mix in the Big West.
The women however, beat Texas State on their home floor! I have no idea if TSU is any good or not, but a true non-conference road win is nothing to sneeze at.
TSU went 23-10 and made the WNIT last year, and was picked to finish third in their conference this year. Definitely a quality team and good road win!

Ilikecats
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Ilikecats » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:44 am

Worst ball handling team I’ve seen at MSU in years. A 4 year scholarship for a point guard!
Last edited by Ilikecats on Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:25 am

Ilikecats wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:44 am
Turnovers, turnovers and more turnovers. Worst ball handling team I’ve seen at MSU in years. A 4 year scholarship for a point guard!
Coming into the season point guard/ball handling was a worry and it has gotten to be a bigger issue with the injuries (I assume) to some of our better ball handlers. I was VERY worried when TSU started pressing the hell out of us. We lost a 10+ point lead but eventually Binford and her team manage to put somethings together and deal with the press. I think turnovers are going to be the biggest issue in the preseason. I think the word is going to get out that you need to press and make our ball handlers prove they can bring the ball up, and I hope teams do this! In conference they will test and pressure our point guards. The more we see of it in the preseason (and hopefully learn to break it) they better we will be in conference.

Catlady
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Catlady » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:23 pm

I hope they get it fixed because they have a chance to be very good this year, but teams are realizing that our ball handlers can’t handle pressure.
Lundberg is awesome playing with energy and efficiently. Braxton and Smith want every loose ball and rebound! Offensively I like our squad, but the turnovers are just too much to handle. We need our guards to step up!