MBB vs. Indiana

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

RobertCats
Member # Retired

MBB vs. Indiana

Post by RobertCats » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:38 pm

We are ditching the ridiculously priced Direct TV and are looking into the different streaming options like Sling TV, YouTube TV, and Hulu Live. I just signed up for a free trial of Hulu Live, I believe you get 7 days free to check it out. It has 50 some channels of live TV and seems to work pretty well, watched the Thursday night NFL game last night with no issues. I was just scrolling through tonight and it gets the Big Ten Network and actually has the Bobcat game vs Indiana on it tonight! If anyone is interested to watch the game tonight (I know, I know, it might get ugly very quickly) you can sign up for your trial of Hulu live and get it.

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Re: MBB vs. Indiana

Post by RobertCats » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:09 pm

10-7 Indiana at first media timeout. Hoosiers are 5-7 from the field, all of the makes layups against our 2-3 zone. We are 3-5 as Blevins has 2 early buckets and a Hall 3, Cats already have 3 turnovers.

msu_agfan
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by msu_agfan » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:52 pm

Robertscat, thanks for the tip, we are watching via hulu.... umpteen turnovers and 2 of 14 from 3,,,,, equals we are way behind, 43 to 19 at half.

Animal Science/ Ag Business '96

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:54 pm

19-43 at the half. Early in the game the defensive effort was great for 22 seconds into the shot clock and then the would give up an easy layup. Halfway through we played A LOT better defense, actually pretty impressed with our defense overall in the first half.

Our offense is abysmal, we are TERRIFIED of attacking the rim. The only time we get into the key is a Frey drive, we settle for A TON of contested threes. Hall has had some pretty decent looks and he just isn't hitting them tonight. Blevins is having a tough shooting night as well, not sure of the stats but I would bet he is 0-6 from 3 and most of them barely hit rim. I would love to see Blevins try and get into the key more. 14 turnovers for the Cats compared to 3-4 for Hoosiers, a majority of those have turned into fast-break buckets, which has been the big difference in the game. We are shooting 30% from the field, 2-14 from three and 1-4 from the line. IU is shooting 55%, 2-11 from three and 7-12 from the line.

msu_agfan

Post by msu_agfan » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:00 pm

We hit a few threes, not turn it over and we are in this.. Couldn't see what caused Tyler to fall down, but the announcers were saying you have to give him the benefit of the doubt in that situation, that he was fouled.. don't know cuz I couldn't see it, was hoping for a replay.

msu_agfan

Post by msu_agfan » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:28 pm

24-64 ... can't hit anything. Laden finally hit a three to make it look a smidge better.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:38 pm

Just collect the check and get out of there.
This team can't defend or shoot.
Fish said in the pre-game show we have a chance to be a good team, but it will take a while...not feeling too hopeful.

bobcatbob
Member # Retired

Post by bobcatbob » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:43 pm

Say what you want but this team is bad. It is going to be s very long season. It is extremely disappointing. Was at the game Tuesday vs Utah ST and it put me to sleep. Just cannot get excited anymore about our bb program. It is sad. Fish just has not got it done.

msu_agfan

Post by msu_agfan » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:56 pm

35-80 Final

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:57 pm

We have to figure out how to score other than a Hall, Frey or Ricketts three. I swear 90% of our offense is just a mad scramble to get the ball in their hands for semi-open three. There is no movement away from the ball, no one cutting to the rim. I think are best offensive sets are when we spread the floor and isolate Frey and let him drive and score or kick it, but we rarely do this. I think @BelgradeBobcat said it before but Frey needs to be back at point with the ball in his hands most of the time.

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:05 pm

bobcatbob wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:43 pm
Say what you want but this team is bad. It is going to be s very long season. It is extremely disappointing. Was at the game Tuesday vs Utah ST and it put me to sleep. Just cannot get excited anymore about our bb program. It is sad. Fish just has not got it done.
The crazy/frustrating thing is that there is talent on this team. This may be one of the better shooting teams we have had in a long time. We have the potential to have multiple guys shooting the 3 at a 40% clip. The problem is we have no inside scoring threat or even a half of a threat for a drive. Teams will defend the perimeter all day against us and key on the three ball. Just like in football we are insanely one dimensional and everybody knows it.

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:16 pm

Game was on the Big Ten Network tonight. It was embarrassing.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

Common Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Common Cat » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:31 pm

Time to flush this one down the drain and never look back....

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

aucat

Post by aucat » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:37 pm

Actually, that's THREE games we now need to flush down the toilet--tonight's women's game and the LAST TWO by the men. On nights like this you see just how wide the abyss is between
MSU men and women in the Big Sky and decent Div. 1 teams that are perhaps in the top 40.

I have said it before but I do wish we had a FCS type of division for hoops like we do for football.

It is hard to get excited about winning a Big Sky Conference when you know you are going to be a 15 or 16 seed and get beat
by 20-30 points in the NCAAs.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:40 pm

aucat wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:37 pm
It is hard to get excited about winning a Big Sky Conference when you know you are going to be a 15 or 16 seed and get beat
by 20-30 points in the NCAAs.
Let Weber State and Montana carry that burden. We don't have to worry about getting beat in the NCAA's.

aucat

Post by aucat » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:25 pm

Ha, well you certainly got that right regarding the men. I guess I was thinking bout the women winning the
Big Sky a couple of years ago and how proud we all were, only to go to the NCAAs and get blown out by
the University of Washington.

KIX
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by KIX » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:32 pm

Another quality outing by Fish and the boys...should have canned him when we had the chance..

Domako
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Domako » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:41 pm

To be fair, we played Indiana in th 86-87 season and lost by 35 pts. Indiana won the national championship that year and we went 12-2 in the big sky that year. I think I'll cut them a little slack this time as this really isn't a measuring stick game. It's a payday...

Tom Domako

thefrank1

Post by thefrank1 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:58 pm

integrating six new players is not an easy task and will take some time. I don't care if we don't win until we open conference play, but we had better win 2/3 of our bsc games.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:20 am

Might better make it to the Fieldhouse Sunday for the game against Presentation College. Probably the only game we have a chance to win in non-conference.