Hall preseason All-Big Sky for second year in a row

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Hall preseason All-Big Sky for second year in a row

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:20 am

Montana’s Rorie named Big Sky preseason MVP; Hall preseason All-Big Sky
https://skylinesportsmt.com/montanas-ro ... eason-mvp/

Catlady
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: Hall preseason All-Big Sky for second year in a row

Post by Catlady » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:20 pm

I need to be honest! I hate these preseason awards! It’s all about who shoots and scores the most and ignores the things that make a Championship team.

It’s not lost on me that this doesn’t include anyone at the 4 or 5 position. In my humble opinion it makes the Big Sky a second rate conference. I’m not going to say it’s the reason bigs ignore the Big Sky, but I’m sure it doesn’t make it attractive.

True fans know that to have a good squad you need someone rebounding and protecting the rim. It makes sportswriters look like they know absolutely nothing about basketball. It’s an embarrassment to our players and our conference. At least the Woman’s conference had one player at the 4 spot.

Congrats to Tyler..... surprised the Women’s team didn’t have one player. I think our cerebral sportswriters are going to regret that!

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:58 pm

Catlady wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:20 pm
I need to be honest! I hate these preseason awards! It’s all about who shoots and scores the most and ignores the things that make a Championship team.

It’s not lost on me that this doesn’t include anyone at the 4 or 5 position. In my humble opinion it makes the Big Sky a second rate conference. I’m not going to say it’s the reason bigs ignore the Big Sky, but I’m sure it doesn’t make it attractive.

True fans know that to have a good squad you need someone rebounding and protecting the rim. It makes sportswriters look like they know absolutely nothing about basketball. It’s an embarrassment to our players and our conference. At least the Woman’s conference had one player at the 4 spot.

Congrats to Tyler..... surprised the Women’s team didn’t have one player. I think our cerebral sportswriters are going to regret that!
Binford's team will be well represented come the end of the season in the conference real awards. Claire Lundberg has conference MVP talent and there are 2-3 other players who could have (statistically) big year. I the women's game as of late injuries have played a big role in pre-season vs final all conference, hopefully that is not the case this year. The Bobcats are going to shake up the preseason predictions!

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:22 pm

Catlady wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:20 pm

Players do not pay attention to the same things that fans pay attention to. Players who are at the school now might use these preseason teams as motivation or as an excuse to give their teammates some ******. Recruits don't really care who made the preseason all-conference teams for a conference they don't even play in yet.

Bigs ignore the Big Sky because they get better offers. That's the reason. There are a bunch more athletic dudes who are 6-2 than 6-9. Height's the easiest thing to scout. Low-major programs thrive on guys who slip through the cracks, and that combination of factors mean big guys are less likely to slip through the cracks.

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers