Nate Harris

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

CatRowdy
BobcatNation Team Captain

Nate Harris

Post by CatRowdy » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:07 pm

So it's been some time since the news broke Nate Harris is leaving the MSU Women's basketball program and yet no official announcement from MSU. Nate was here four years (I think) and certainly was a part of the success of our girls winning the Big Sky Conference and going to the NCAA tournament, and yet there is nothing I've seen in the form of a press release or good luck or anything. What gives? I wish Nate well in his coaching future and will always appreciate all he contributed to the Women's program.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Nate Harris

Post by mslacat » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:59 pm

There is a pretty good discussion about Nate in the One assistant coach opening each for men's and women's hoops thread in this forum.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:40 pm

CatRowdy wrote:So it's been some time since the news broke Nate Harris is leaving the MSU Women's basketball program and yet no official announcement from MSU. Nate was here four years (I think) and certainly was a part of the success of our girls winning the Big Sky Conference and going to the NCAA tournament, and yet there is nothing I've seen in the form of a press release or good luck or anything. What gives? I wish Nate well in his coaching future and will always appreciate all he contributed to the Women's program.
State institutions can't post press releases or comment on moves like this until both the school the coach is leaving and the school the coach is going to finishes the paperwork. Once it's official on both sides, there will be a press release and acknowledgement from MSU I'm sure.

CatRowdy
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by CatRowdy » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:18 am

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
CatRowdy wrote:So it's been some time since the news broke Nate Harris is leaving the MSU Women's basketball program and yet no official announcement from MSU. Nate was here four years (I think) and certainly was a part of the success of our girls winning the Big Sky Conference and going to the NCAA tournament, and yet there is nothing I've seen in the form of a press release or good luck or anything. What gives? I wish Nate well in his coaching future and will always appreciate all he contributed to the Women's program.
State institutions can't post press releases or comment on moves like this until both the school the coach is leaving and the school the coach is going to finishes the paperwork. Once it's official on both sides, there will be a press release and acknowledgement from MSU I'm sure.

Thanks for the info. So to clarify a school can't issue a press release when somebody leaves and not worry about where he/she is going? That seems strange, not that I'm challenging your info, just think MSU could do a better release of him leaving and then a second one if necessary when he finalizes elsewhere; or the other school would make the press release of him joining their staff.

The nuances of coaching staffs can always surprise.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:49 am

I do not believe the school he is going to has officially announced his hiring, and while they have offered him the job it sounds like paper wok is still being shuffled. It looks 99% that he has the job but until he is officially announced by the school nothing is completely done. If the deal fell though (although it will not) you bet your sweet bippie Binford would welcome him back with in a heat beat. The trigger is the School announcing him joining the program. It would be rude for MSU to announce it before the other school crossed the i's and dotted their t's.

And yes for those wondering/predicting I did forget the name of the school he is going to and I am too busy (well actually lazy) to look it up.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:49 pm

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."