Does he stay or does he go?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

GrizgradCatFan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by GrizgradCatFan » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:25 pm

So if I am reading it correctly Tyler would have only until the 10th to pull his name out if he was to return. I have not heard he has even put his name on the draft list though. Anybody with any clarification? Also if he was trying the grad transfer wouldn't he have had to apply for graduation already? Wouldn't this be public knowledge? Also how long before we hear on any of the new recruits? Also any word out there on who the other player leaving is for sure. I know Colter knows, but Bozeman isn't that big and someone else has gotta have a pretty good idea. Hopefully fish is out finding the next Quadre Lollis so we have some kind of inside game and our outside shooting can excel next year!

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Does he stay or does he go?

Post by mslacat » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:31 pm

GrizgradCatFan wrote:So if I am reading it correctly Tyler would have only until the 10th to pull his name out if he was to return. I have not heard he has even put his name on the draft list though. Anybody with any clarification? Also if he was trying the grad transfer wouldn't he have had to apply for graduation already? Wouldn't this be public knowledge? Also how long before we hear on any of the new recruits? Also any word out there on who the other player leaving is for sure. I know Colter knows, but Bozeman isn't that big and someone else has gotta have a pretty good idea. Hopefully fish is out finding the next Quadre Lollis so we have some kind of inside game and our outside shooting can excel next year!
I don't know how accurate this is but I've heard that Tyler was going to put his name into the draft but without an agent mainly to get a evaluation from Pro scouts. His intention though is to return to MSU for his senior season. What would imagine though if he was told he was a A first round pick he might leave his name in. This is all rumor though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

phantom
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by phantom » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:26 pm

GrizgradCatFan wrote:So if I am reading it correctly Tyler would have only until the 10th to pull his name out if he was to return. I have not heard he has even put his name on the draft list though. Anybody with any clarification? Also if he was trying the grad transfer wouldn't he have had to apply for graduation already? Wouldn't this be public knowledge? Also how long before we hear on any of the new recruits? Also any word out there on who the other player leaving is for sure. I know Colter knows, but Bozeman isn't that big and someone else has gotta have a pretty good idea. Hopefully fish is out finding the next Quadre Lollis so we have some kind of inside game and our outside shooting can excel next year!
I think he has until April 10 to declare for the draft. Deadline to withdraw from the draft is much closer to the draft.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:34 pm

phantom wrote:
I think he has until April 10 to declare for the draft. Deadline to withdraw from the draft is much closer to the draft.
He has until the 10th to withdraw and remain eligible.

http://www.ncaa.org/remaining-eligible- ... -inquiries

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:39 pm

The deadline to declare for the NBA draft is April 22 players who have not signed with an agent have until 10 days after the NBA evaluation camp played in the middle of May to change their mind and retain their eligibility

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:08 am

https://twitter.com/MSUBobcats/status/981563691345858560

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:12 am

THIS JUST IN: Montana State star Hall declares for NBA Draft; won't hire agent -
https://skylinesportsmt.com/montana-sta ... ire-agent/

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:36 am

Just so everybody knows, this is a smart move from Tyler.

He's not going to be a 1st round pick, he's going to go get evaluated by NBA teams and told what he needs to work on to be a pro player. Nothing wrong with that, and will probably only help us.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:37 am

I think all true bobcats will support Tyler in this journey and wish him nothing but the best

GrizgradCatFan

Post by GrizgradCatFan » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:56 am

I wish him the best, but I really believe he will be back. If he had another outstanding year with a run in the tourney and some better exposure then yes he was gone for good. I think they will evaluate and tell him he needs to be more assertive and be better at creating his own shot. He is a JJ Reddick type of player at this time and to get to the next level he would have to increase his percentages to get into that type of role. His other thought process would be to go play in the G-League or overseas, but at that time he would be better to get his degree before he goes in case something doesn't pan out. I just hope that this years recruits feel they could still get a chance to still play with Tyler and we get some quality improvements!

GO CATS!

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:24 pm

GrizgradCatFan wrote:I wish him the best, but I really believe he will be back. If he had another outstanding year with a run in the tourney and some better exposure then yes he was gone for good. I think they will evaluate and tell him he needs to be more assertive and be better at creating his own shot. He is a JJ Reddick type of player at this time and to get to the next level he would have to increase his percentages to get into that type of role. His other thought process would be to go play in the G-League or overseas, but at that time he would be better to get his degree before he goes in case something doesn't pan out. I just hope that this years recruits feel they could still get a chance to still play with Tyler and we get some quality improvements!

GO CATS!
Me too. If he would have had a better season I don't think he'd need to test the waters.

I don't know how true this is, but I've heard that if you're not selected in the first two rounds of the NBA draft you pretty much have no chance of ever playing. Unlike the NFL where their draft misses a lot of talented people who go on to make significant contributions to their teams and have great careers .

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

grizatwork
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by grizatwork » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:31 pm

Cledus wrote:
GrizgradCatFan wrote:I wish him the best, but I really believe he will be back. If he had another outstanding year with a run in the tourney and some better exposure then yes he was gone for good. I think they will evaluate and tell him he needs to be more assertive and be better at creating his own shot. He is a JJ Reddick type of player at this time and to get to the next level he would have to increase his percentages to get into that type of role. His other thought process would be to go play in the G-League or overseas, but at that time he would be better to get his degree before he goes in case something doesn't pan out. I just hope that this years recruits feel they could still get a chance to still play with Tyler and we get some quality improvements!

GO CATS!
Me too. If he would have had a better season I don't think he'd need to test the waters.

I don't know how true this is, but I've heard that if you're not selected in the first two rounds of the NBA draft you pretty much have no chance of ever playing. Unlike the NFL where their draft misses a lot of talented people who go on to make significant contributions to their teams and have great careers .
Doesn't the NBA draft only have 2 rounds?

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:32 pm

Only two rounds

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:34 pm

Cledus wrote:

GO CATS!

About 20 of the 30 first round picks every year will see significant NBA action as rookies while 2/3 of second round draft picks won't even make rosters.

I would say only about 12 to 15 players from each NBA Draft actually have lasting NBA careers. It's completely different and way harder to break in to the NBA. Only 12 active roster spots on 30 teams, a global pool to pick from...

Notable second-round draft picks in the NBA during my lifetime:

Dennis Rodman
Mark Price
Cliff Robinson
Nick Van Exel
Rashard Lewis
Manu Ginobli
Gilbert Arenas
Carlos Boozer
Kyle Korver
Trevor Ariza
Paul Milsap
DeAndre Jordan
Mark Gasol
Isaiah Thomas
Draymond Green
Nikola Jokic

Of the 30 players drafted in the second round of the 2017 NBA draft, only 8 are on rosters currently. The NBA requires all first round picks be given guaranteed contracts, but this rule doesn’t apply to the second rounders. Meaning, if there are two draft picks competing for one spot on the roster, the second round guy will lose most every time.

From the 2010 draft, only four second round draft picks even remain in the NBA. The 16-team NBA playoffs will likely only feature five second-round draft picks of any consequence who get any playing time: Milsap, Jokic and Jordan if the Nuggets and/or Clippers make it, Green for Golden State and Ariza for Houston.

WolfPtCat

Post by WolfPtCat » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:37 am

Speaking of NBA Draft. A kid that I go to church with got picked 1st rd, 29th by the Spurs (Derek White) last year. He has bounced back and forth between main squad and G league all year. Spurs minor league team is in Austin (less than 2 hrs away), makes travel back/forth easy. Talking to his dad, who played a little CBA, it looks like G League is prooving successful and will be expanded next year. Denver Nuggets currently don't have an affiliated team. They farm a handful of prospect/practice squad guys to other G League teams.

It is crazy how difficult it is to make & hold an NBA position, compared to MLB or NFL.

Makes the speculation about the other two Ball kids almost laughable.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:32 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:THIS JUST IN: Montana State star Hall declares for NBA Draft; won't hire agent -
Was this what you were referencing when you made mention of another player leaving the program?

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:10 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:THIS JUST IN: Montana State star Hall declares for NBA Draft; won't hire agent -
Was this what you were referencing when you made mention of another player leaving the program?

Excellent Question!

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:35 pm

wbtfg wrote:

No this was not included in the four scholarships Montana State is recruiting with. Still waiting on an official announcement. I told the sources I would sit on it until then...

Hell's Bells
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hell's Bells » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:33 am

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
wbtfg wrote:

No this was not included in the four scholarships Montana State is recruiting with. Still waiting on an official announcement. I told the sources I would sit on it until then...
The sophmore Tyler Hall would make a good second round pick.
This past year, what he has shown, i doubt makes any roster.
There is a lot of quit in that kid :D

This space for rent....

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by imacat » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:41 am

Hell's Bells wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
wbtfg wrote:

The sophmore Tyler Hall would make a good second round pick.
This past year, what he has shown, i doubt makes any roster.
There is a lot of quit in that kid [emoji1][/quo

Last edited by imacat on Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.