UND's Fallyn Freije expected to transfer to Montana State

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:24 pm

Former UND standout Freije expected to transfer to Montana State; Coral Gillette leaving the Bobcats
https://skylinesportsmt.com/former-und- ... ana-state/

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Re: UND's Fallyn Freije expected to transfer to Montana Stat

Post by mslacat » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:42 pm

Would be a great pick up for the Bobcats it just whether she will compete in 18-19 or 19-20

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:49 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:Former UND standout Freije expected to transfer to Montana State; Coral Gillette leaving the Bobcats
Coral Gillette did not redshirt. She played a few minutes at the end of some games. Her 3-pt shooting looked excellent, and she was a 6-foot guard. Always sorry to see a player leave, after all the hoopla of recruiting. I wish her the best.

WyomingGrizFan
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by WyomingGrizFan » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:26 pm

mslacat wrote:Would be a great pick up for the Bobcats it just whether she will compete in 18-19 or 19-20
Averaging 13.2 ppg with 7.7 rbs last season; starting 23 of 26 games. She'd be definitely a half way decent addition to the MSU roster, all right. I agree on the NCAA Transfer rules, sitting out a year is a hopeless case of overbearing aristocracy. If that makes sense. Probably goes back to a time where there was a Tennessee player that transferred to Long Beach State awhile back, if I remember correctly. Can't recall the details at present but it could possibly be googled somewhere. The NCAA already allows a player not to sit out a year after transferring if they already have acquired a degree. That's half way equitable. But I can also see it if a player has only been at a school for one year and then decides to transfer; to keep their academics in order. If that means anything any more.

But if she's only got one more year of eligibility left, I don't see why she has to sit out a year to play but one more year. I'd say she should be active next year and all the power to her, what the hell difference would it matter? Don't bother me any.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:30 am

UPDATED: Former UND standout Freije transfers to Montana State

Catlady
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Catlady » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:25 pm

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:Former UND standout Freije expected to transfer to Montana State; Coral Gillette leaving the Bobcats
Coral Gillette did not redshirt. She played a few minutes at the end of some games. Her 3-pt shooting looked excellent, and she was a 6-foot guard. Always sorry to see a player leave, after all the hoopla of recruiting. I wish her the best.
Tough losing Coral, but maybe Bozeman was too big a stage for her. Tough program to get playing time. Hopefully the roster is set and we can move forward. The major job will be developing a point guard. Lots of questions going into next season, but I feel another title is on the way. I think we got a great and seasoned squad. Freshman got a lot of minutes last season. I’m interested in seeing how Martell matures. She can be instant offense from any where on the court. Not really expecting a lot from the incoming class, but with Smith, Braxton, Squires, Pranger, Van Sickle, Lundberg and Kuderer. I think you got a very solid rotation. Add a couple Freshman and they can easily go 10 deep. Weight room needs to be a priority this off season.

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:18 am

Catlady wrote: Not really expecting a lot from the incoming class
I am thinking that newcomer Halle Wright, a 6-0 forward from Aumsville, Oregon, will have a chance at minutes. I like what I have read about her — hard-nosed physical competitor who fills all the boxes on the stat sheet. She was just named the Oregon West League Player of the Year for the 4th consecutive year. Cannot overlook the others, too. I think the Binford pipeline is still moving along nicely.

Interesting article about Wright.
https://jmcdonaldmedia.com/2018/01/18/l ... t-as-well/

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:08 pm

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Catlady wrote: Not really expecting a lot from the incoming class
I am thinking that newcomer Halle Wright, a 6-0 forward from Aumsville, Oregon, will have a chance at minutes. I like what I have read about her — hard-nosed physical competitor who fills all the boxes on the stat sheet. She was just named the Oregon West League Player of the Year for the 4th consecutive year. Cannot overlook the others, too. I think the Binford pipeline is still moving along nicely.

Interesting article about Wright.
https://jmcdonaldmedia.com/2018/01/18/l ... t-as-well/
Of the incoming Freshman I think Wright is the only one who will make an impact next year, and I think she could be a really good player for us. She is a coaches daughter and a hell of a compeditor. The only knock could be she has been injury prone the past couple years so I hope that is in the past. Mocchi looks to be a solid big girl down the line but I think her, Zieske and walk-on Fitzgerald, will really need a little time to adjust. Binford should have two scholarships remaining (if she fills them). It would be nice if she could find an impact guard for next season.

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:50 pm

Fallon Freije on-air interview from Grand Forks.
http://www.wdaz.com/sports/basketball/4 ... tana-state

Sounds like we were in the running to get her out of high school. At least we won't have to play against her anymore.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:01 pm

Fallyn Freije might not be the only transfer signed this spring. Rumor has it the Bobcat Women have another transfer out of the Pac-12 in this week end. Would have three years of eligibility (plus a redshirt). I have also heard of another D-1 player that is interested in transferring to the Bobcats, there are some issues that could make that transfer problematic.

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:23 pm

Three years plus redshirt would make her a true sophomore. Since Pranger left, that would plug into the classes nicely.