Hall + Harry =FISH

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

GrizgradCatFan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Hall + Harry =FISH

Post by GrizgradCatFan » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:16 pm

I would hate to lose the two most important two out of the three. I think if Fish goes Tyler will definitely go, but not sure on Harry. I would have to agree with MSLACAT that Fish has to get some transfers and push Harry and Tyler to be scores bigger than ever before. I think and hope Fish realizes he needs to change his ways. When you lose both your imcoming recruits its time to change. Over the season I saw lots of changes of him on the court. I at the beginning thought he was a terrible coach that just yelled and belittled his players coming off the court. He got better and I am sure a little talk from the AD helped with that situation. I now think he needs some help. He couldn't see the other night that two of his players were dead tired and couldn't make it down the court so they committed fouls to stop the players. Not a good situation when people in the stands are mentioning it and he isn't seeing it twice in the same game. I don't see the assistants ever during the game get up and go and say anything to him. I don't know if they are afraid or not, but someone has to help him out. He has two solid players. The rest are bench guys at this time. He needs impact players. Devonte is a great talent, but struggles finishing and shooting. And our center no he cannot compete at 6'7" and who is afraid of his own shot and I think the rest of the crowd is too. Horrible form!! Kirby he will be a good back up, but unless you can strap a feedbag to him no way he will be a 10 and 10 guy ever in this league. To thin sorry guys. Get some transfers bigs and pray that one of two of these freshman can help at point and that one can shoot to keep teams honest and stop allowing them to play 3-2 zone on us.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Re: Hall + Harry =FISH

Post by Cat Grad » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:29 pm

So? You are, as a coach, what your record is, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Hall came to MSU as a great high school player and took the conference by surprise. His junior year, he played many games while still injured. That's not on the coaching staff, actually. But it should be. It's going to take a lot of work for him to get his shooting skills back. A good coach will do that for him. He's a better all around player than William Avery from Duke was and if that ankle heals properly, his potential is unlimited.

Fish needs to purge his staff and mature as a human.

BozemanFaithful
New Recruit

Post by BozemanFaithful » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:07 pm

I agree...Hall has unlimited potential....For some on this board to say he isn't a NBA player is quite funny...I am pretty sure if you get rid of Fish, Hall leaves and I am not sure if I want to be the one who made the best player in the history of our program transfer to another school....Get some players around him and Harry and they will be fine..Last year they were the BEST backcourt in the league.....

sacstateman
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by sacstateman » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:16 pm

BozemanFaithful wrote:I agree...Hall has unlimited potential....For some on this board to say he isn't a NBA player is quite funny...I am pretty sure if you get rid of Fish, Hall leaves and I am not sure if I want to be the one who made the best player in the history of our program transfer to another school....Get some players around him and Harry and they will be fine..Last year they were the BEST backcourt in the league.....

I have said that Hall will never play on an NBA team....do you want to put your money where your mouth is? The first time Hall hangs his head, doesn't bust his butt getting back on defense, shakes his head at a teammate or any other thing that implies his superiority over everyone else, he will be jerked out of the game so fast, he will wish he was back in Milwaukee playing at the YMCA...Hall has "potential" but the NBA only pays for potential from guys who are 7' and freakishly athletic...not 6'5" guys who hang out in the corner waiting for a pass...Come on, take me up on the bet...your second post on this site tells me something about you too and it makes ME LAUGH!!!

sacstateman
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by sacstateman » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:23 pm

And while I'm on the subject, a friend of mine is a scout for the Atlanta Hawks...I asked him two different times about Hall and he mentioned that Hall doesn't seem to have the motor necessary to make up for his weaknesses amongst NBA players...Hall will have to use this next season to show he can play both ends HARD in order to even get a free agent tryout...if he comes out after this season, he is shooting himself in the foot...

phantom
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by phantom » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:40 pm

sacstateman wrote:
BozemanFaithful wrote:I agree...Hall has unlimited potential....For some on this board to say he isn't a NBA player is quite funny...I am pretty sure if you get rid of Fish, Hall leaves and I am not sure if I want to be the one who made the best player in the history of our program transfer to another school....Get some players around him and Harry and they will be fine..Last year they were the BEST backcourt in the league.....

I have said that Hall will never play on an NBA team....do you want to put your money where your mouth is? The first time Hall hangs his head, doesn't bust his butt getting back on defense, shakes his head at a teammate or any other thing that implies his superiority over everyone else, he will be jerked out of the game so fast, he will wish he was back in Milwaukee playing at the YMCA...Hall has "potential" but the NBA only pays for potential from guys who are 7' and freakishly athletic...not 6'5" guys who hang out in the corner waiting for a pass...Come on, take me up on the bet...your second post on this site tells me something about you too and it makes ME LAUGH!!!
I'm confused why hall would go play at a YMCA in Milwaukee of all places.

sacstateman
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by sacstateman » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:02 pm

I mistakenly thought he was from Milwaukee...sorry....but I hear Milwaukee has a nice Ymca.....lol