Bliznyuk leads EWU to weekend sweep, Bobcats fizzle down the

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Bliznyuk leads EWU to weekend sweep, Bobcats fizzle down the

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:43 am

Crazy no thread at all...

Bliznyuk leads EWU to weekend sweep, Bobcats fizzle down the stretch
https://skylinesportsmt.com/bliznyuk-le ... e-stretch/

MamaRock
BobcatNation Redshirt

Re: Bliznyuk leads EWU to weekend sweep, Bobcats fizzle down

Post by MamaRock » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:14 am

Fizzle indeed they did. Sounds like they are disappointed, they know something is missing but they cant seem to fix it. 30 or 35 mins of good basketball and and then nothing. We need 40 mins.
Rebounds are key and just because Tyler is our best shooter doesn't mean shots should be made without having a good look. We had guys in the paint that could have made a definite 2 pts, there was enough time at that point in the 4th. But instead the rushed 3 goes up for nothing. I hope they can win a couple of the last 3 coming up. EWU has their rebound game down tight manyt players getting their own. Meanwhile our team is already headed back the other way once our shot is off. Fight more guys.
I guess at this rate they are looking at 8, 9 or 10 seed. Preferably a 10 so their 2nd game isn't against the Griz that Thursday.

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:15 am

MamaRock wrote:Fizzle indeed they did. Sounds like they are disappointed, they know something is missing but they cant seem to fix it. 30 or 35 mins of good basketball and and then nothing. We need 40 mins.
Rebounds are key and just because Tyler is our best shooter doesn't mean shots should be made without having a good look. We had guys in the paint that could have made a definite 2 pts, there was enough time at that point in the 4th. But instead the rushed 3 goes up for nothing. I hope they can win a couple of the last 3 coming up. EWU has their rebound game down tight manyt players getting their own. Meanwhile our team is already headed back the other way once our shot is off. Fight more guys.
I guess at this rate they are looking at 8, 9 or 10 seed. Preferably a 10 so their 2nd game isn't against the Griz that Thursday.
I don't think our seeding really matters much, because I'd be stunned if we win our first game, no matter what our seed is, or who we play. Winless in the tourney for the 18th time in the last 19 years. I mean that's just ridiculous. Except for 2009, we haven't won a tourney game this century, and our last win was almost a decade ago now. This crap gets old. Fans are so disillusioned with the program, that no one even started a game thread yesterday. This season has been such a bummer, after we seemed to be trending upwards last season.

MamaRock
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by MamaRock » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:12 pm

Good point our seeding doesn't matter. History speaks and I'm sure you're right they likely won't win game one.
Something has to give. Costello needs to be thinking goal of the program. I do not believe Fish can be part of that goal. Clearly something isn't working. It's so frustrating. If this was football he'd be gone by now. When will the university see each sport as important.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:45 pm

MamaRock wrote:Good point our seeding doesn't matter. History speaks and I'm sure you're right they likely won't win game one.
Something has to give. Costello needs to be thinking goal of the program. I do not believe Fish can be part of that goal. Clearly something isn't working. It's so frustrating. If this was football he'd be gone by now. When will the university see each sport as important.
Even football would have trouble buying out the last year of a contract. Big money basketball boosters simply need to write a check for $158,300.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

msu_agfan
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by msu_agfan » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:03 am

Colter_Nuanez wrote:Crazy no thread at all...

Bliznyuk leads EWU to weekend sweep, Bobcats fizzle down the stretch
https://skylinesportsmt.com/bliznyuk-le ... e-stretch/
The silver lining to these losses is that the griz also lost to these last two teams as well. We did play them fairly close, and even closer against Eastern. I was looking for it to be a blowout, so we did hang with them.

Animal Science/ Ag Business '96