WBB vs. Eastern Washington

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:07 pm

It's in the 3rd quarter and PlutoTV has quit (black screen) and the radio (MY 103.5) is running national commercials and music.

Bobcat4Ever

Re: WBB vs. Eastern Washington

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:08 pm

Sorry — duplicate thread.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:33 pm

Have been trying to get the game. As least I know it is not just my feed.
And the LADIES were winning!!!

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:41 pm

Way to go LADY CATS... A 77-74 win...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:44 pm

https://twitter.com/mappelgate206/status/964993307829878784 https://twitter.com/mappelgate206/status/964993828506619905

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Joe Bobcat

Post by Joe Bobcat » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:48 pm

The video was terrible but was at least coming through for me until 12 seconds to go MSU up 75 - 72.
Then the video stopped and I got the message "PLAYBACK STREAM ERROR THIS VIDEO ISN'T ENCODED FOR YOUR DEVICE"
Sorry for all the caps but that is how it was printed and that's how it felt.
I hope we won and if so way to go ladies!

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:00 pm

RickRund wrote:Have been trying to get the game. As least I know it is not just my feed.
And the LADIES were winning!!!
I am sorry you could not see it either. I gave up on the video stream and tried the radio and it was off for a good chunk of the 3rd quarter. It was a new low for Learfield trying to broadcast MSU women’s basketball.

Sounds like we missed a great game. Martell finally had her breakthrough. It will be archived on watchbigsky.com later, and those usually play perfectly so I plan to watch the game later.

As I write this I am listening to the postgame show on the radio. Right in the middle of Jason Alvine's game stats etc. the radio jumped right back to some really stupid national commercials. Learfield scores again.

And now the radio feed is dead. Totally. A perfect ending.

I am watching the Bobcat men's game at Eastern Washington—perfect picture!
Last edited by Bobcat4Ever on Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:11 pm

https://twitter.com/MSUBobcatsWBB/status/964992320352395264 Caudill to Junkermier for the game winner. Absolutely perfect. Is there any player as clutch as Delany Junkermier on senior day? 2 years ago she hit the three to send it into overtime against Idaho State on senior day. Today she hit's the dagger game winner. After the shot they played great defense to keep EWU from getting a good shot off. Caudill hit two free throws to ice it. Hatchard hit a reverse layup with 3 seconds on the shot clock when it was inbounded to keep us just ahead. Our seniors really had a day. Tori Martell was dialed in and hit 6 three pointers. Great job by the freshman-plenty more of those to come I'm sure. Delany Hodgins of EWU is an incredible player-had 31 against us.

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:27 pm

We were just reminiscing about the seniors' careers, and how Delaney has a habit of being so clutch at the end of games. And then she does it again! And from a Hannah assist. I think Hannah for some reason sneaks under the radar in the conference, but she deserves any award they can think of.

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:49 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:https://twitter.com/MSUBobcatsWBB/status/964992320352395264 Caudill to Junkermier for the game winner. Absolutely perfect. Is there any player as clutch as Delany Junkermier on senior day? 2 years ago she hit the three to send it into overtime against Idaho State on senior day. Today she hit's the dagger game winner. After the shot they played great defense to keep EWU from getting a good shot off. Caudill hit two free throws to ice it. Hatchard hit a reverse layup with 3 seconds on the shot clock when it was inbounded to keep us just ahead. Our seniors really had a day. Tori Martell was dialed in and hit 6 three pointers. Great job by the freshman-plenty more of those to come I'm sure. Delany Hodgins of EWU is an incredible player-had 31 against us.
I'm thinking our ladies would beat our men in a head to head! :coffee: =D^ =D^ =D^

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:10 am

Well they were the only D-1 team from the State of Montana to get a win this week...We Bobcat basketball fans need to look for tiny victories wherever we can find them. :cry:
Last edited by BelgradeBobcat on Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:42 am

Junkermier’s late three pushes ‘Cats past EWU on Senior Day
https://skylinesportsmt.com/junkermiers ... -past-ewu/

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:20 am

BelgradeBobcat wrote:Well they were the only D-1 team from the State of Montana to get a in this week...We Bobcat basketball fans need to look for tiny victories wherever we can find them. :cry:
Yep...UM men got swept after starting out 13-0 in conference. UM women got swept at home and have now lost 4 in a row. They were 5-1 going into the first Cat-Griz game...only 3-6 since then. It would be sweet to sweep them 2 years in a row.

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:28 pm

I want our team to win every game — always. But here is why I am not too terribly disappointed with the split this weekend. There were a couple of major challenges to winning those games, but for true basketball fans, those were also a couple of treats this weekend. Looking at the national statistics was really an eye-opener for me.

If it seemed like it rained 3-pointers on Thursday, well it did and it should have. Our Bobcats (14 made 3-pointers) are 6th in the nation in made 3-point shots. But Idaho (17 made 3-pointers) is 5th in the nation in made 3-point shots. Wow. Two of the top 6 teams in the nation battling it out! A treat. Yes, that game got away from us more than it should have, but Idaho's best players returned from last year, and they had 6'4" and 6'5" post players to back up that outside firepower.

Did we have trouble with Mikayla Ferenz and Delaney Hodgins? Well, no wonder. Ferenz is 6th in the nation in scoring. Hodgins is 17th in the nation. Out of the many thousands of players, we faced two in the top 20 in one weekend. I’m pretty sure that we were the only team that had to play against two top 20s in one weekend. Hodgins is also 4th all-time (soon to be 3rd) in the Big Sky in scoring. She's just 23 short of 2,000 career points! Quite a challenge for our team with only 3 upperclassmen, but a treat to watch the performances.

Go, Cats! Let's win 3 heading into the tournament.