WBB vs. Eastern Washington - Senior Recognition

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BobcatDel
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by BobcatDel » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:05 pm

Hope we get a good crowd for the final game for the seniors tomorrow afternoon. Final time to watch Delaney, Hannah, and Rebecca at home. They have given us a lot to cheer for the last few years.

Weather forecast looks to be kinda ugly so hope you can make it if possible to send them off in style.

Come up and enjoy the on campus activities for the 125 year celebration while at it.

aucat

Re: WBB vs. Eastern Washington - Senior Recognition

Post by aucat » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:38 am

Well at 9:30 this morning everything looks fine on the weather, at least for folks who live close to Bozeman.

I am very disappointed at the way the season has fallen off, but I will be there today for the seniors.

I hope we have a good turnout.

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:10 pm

It's in the 3rd quarter and PlutoTV has quit (black screen) and the radio (MY 103.5) is running national commercials and music.

The game from UM is perfect on PlutoTV. Idaho leads 45-27.

Anyone else trying to follow the women's game?

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:21 pm

Radio is back near the end of the 3rd.

PlutoTV is black.

The watchbigsky.com stream is unwatchable. Stopping and starting both audio and video. What video there is is highly pixelated.

Joe Bobcat

Post by Joe Bobcat » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:25 pm

Bobcat4Ever wrote:It's in the 3rd quarter and PlutoTV has quit (black screen) and the radio (MY 103.5) is running national commercials and music.

The game from UM is perfect on PlutoTV. Idaho leads 45-27.

Anyone else trying to follow the women's game?
That is perfect. :lol:

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

aucat

Post by aucat » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:48 pm

Congrats all around to MSU. FIRST to the classy way that coach Binford presented roses
to the EWU seniors before game. Second, for the outstanding program recognizing the MSU
seniors, third, for the great 125th birthday celebration for Champ. Ton of kids on hand.
Fourth for the way Coach Binford credited the crowd for the successful outcome.

Fifth, to the MSU players, who returned to form by playing their hearts out.
It was so great to see senior Delaney hit the huge three right at the end of the game.
Sixth, as always, to the outstanding MSU SOTW band, the cheerleaders and dance squad.

And kudos to all of the MSU fans for coming out. It was an outstanding and raucous crowd.

Now, Lady Cats, keep it going the rest of the season.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:02 pm

aucat wrote:Congrats all around to MSU. FIRST to the classy way that coach Binford presented roses
to the EWU seniors before game. Second, for the outstanding program recognizing the MSU
seniors, third, for the great 125th birthday celebration for Champ. Ton of kids on hand.
Fourth for the way Coach Binford credited the crowd for the successful outcome.

Fifth, to the MSU players, who returned to form by playing their hearts out.
It was so great to see senior Delaney hit the huge three right at the end of the game.
Sixth, as always, to the outstanding MSU SOTW band, the cheerleaders and dance squad.

And kudos to all of the MSU fans for coming out. It was an outstanding and raucous crowd.

Now, Lady Cats, keep it going the rest of the season.
Add one more: Playing the Australia National Anthem for Rebekah Hatchard. I thought that was neat.
It was a really fun event all around-and especially with the win.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:17 pm

And there was this too: https://twitter.com/MSUBobcatsWBB/status/964982767279783936

CatRowdy
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by CatRowdy » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:41 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:And there was this too: https://twitter.com/MSUBobcatsWBB/status/964982767279783936
And this from the player who holds the MSU all time assist record!!

Hannah is a fabulous player and phenomenal young lady! Such an asset to our team!

Congrats Hannah!!

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:53 pm

Wow, everyone has brought up a lot of great comments and I echo them all. If I can build on some of the comments.

Crowd recognition was already mentioned but I thought it great the WBB game attendance ranks 51st in the nation even compared to the big guys. Great job fans.

I thought it was neat that each of the seniors made their first shot (all 3s) to start the game off.

Delaney clutch shot already mentioned but I also thought Hannah's two free throws in the last minute helped lock the door. Two seniors stepping up and finishing them off.

What about Tori Martell? When defense was clamping down on the seniors she stepped in and hit six 3s! Boy that was nice to see her get the hot hand. Three games in a row in double figures now.

With 11 turnovers in the first half....did everyone notice how much better they took care of the ball in second half. ...only 3 turnovers in second half. Great stepping up in that area of the game.

Delaney and Hannah have been with the winningest class in Bobcat history with their 74 wins (I think I heard 74) in 4 years.

Congrats ladies and thanks seniors.

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:54 pm

CatRowdy wrote:
BelgradeBobcat wrote:And there was this too: https://twitter.com/MSUBobcatsWBB/status/964982767279783936
And this from the player who holds the MSU all time assist record!!

Hannah is a fabulous player and phenomenal young lady! Such an asset to our team!

Congrats Hannah!!
Echo that. For those interested, she is also currently 2nd in Bobcat history in 3 point shots made. She currently has the highest 3 point career shooting percent made in Bobcat history at 39% which is just barely ahead of Riley Nordgaard who finished her career at 38.9%.

Hannah is not "flashy". She has just quietly got it done over the years.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:12 am

BobcatDel wrote:Hannah is not "flashy". She has just quietly got it done over the years.
A future Bobcat hall of famer for sure. =D^

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by imacat » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:15 am

Very happy and gratified that the Cats won on senior night. They are a classy group of athletes, on and off the court, who make me proud to be a Bobcat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:00 am

BobcatDel wrote:
Hannah is not "flashy". She has just quietly got it done over the years.
Hannah was overlooked for postseason awards last year, even though she was the only player to be top 5 in more than 1 category of 3-pt. percentage, 3-pt. makes, and assists. And she was top 5 in all three! Clearly the best guard performance in the conference, but she was not acknowledged. Hannah has been responsible as much or more than anyone for the surge by this team. She deserves every award MSU or the Big Sky can throw at her. And I hope she will stay here and be a grad assistant coach next year.

aucat

Post by aucat » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:14 pm

Yes, that was really neat to have the Australian national anthem played for Rebecca.

When you look at the diverse roster of teams these days, we may be hearing quite a few
anthems in coming years.

Go Cats

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:05 pm

aucat wrote:Yes, that was really neat to have the Australian national anthem played for Rebecca.

When you look at the diverse roster of teams these days, we may be hearing quite a few
anthems in coming years.

Go Cats
We'll probably get to hear God Save the Queen for Joe Mvuezolo's senior day in a couple of weeks. Of course we American's will recognize the tune as My Country 'Tis of Thee-which the British totally ripped off for their national anthem... :wink: