MBB vs Sac State

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Re: MBB vs Sac State

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:52 am

BobcatDel wrote:
BelgradeBobcat wrote:We really needed that. Beating a 6 win Sac State team at home doesn't necessarily mean we're all better now, but Tyler Hall looked a lot better tonight. He was animated, had some energy, scored at the rim and from deep, got to the line, and set up his teammates on some nice passes. He also played good defense and rebounded. Zach Green had his best game of the season. He shot well and even hit a 3 and was fouled for the 4 point play. The first half was really good, or really bad if you're for Sac State. Then we almost blew a 16 point lead as they got it to 4. Then we got some stops, hit some shots, and got it stretched out to about 20.
Concerns. It was reported in the pre-game show that Harald Frey was sick this week, and Lassi Nikkarinen was sick as well. Fish sat Harald the last 4 minutes as his shot was coming up way short, and let Tyler play the point. Lassi wasn't there. So this team is still battling players being sick.
Yes a good win. All wins are good at this point. I was worried about a second half collapse again but they finally responded and pulled it out! ! It was good to see.

I thought Keljen was a bit under the weather earlier in the week also?? So it was good to see Harald and Keljen both out there.
Nine MSU players have battled the flew at some point this winter and a few have had it twice. This isn't the stomach flue or whatever. This is the influenza virus and reports are that it's killed half a dozen people in Bozeman :(

After the game tonight:
“When it’s 10 o’clock in the morning and I don’t see our trainer coming in telling me another one of my guys have the flu, I don’t even drink and I may have one,” Fish said. “At 10 o’clock, I start looking out of the side of my eye thinking who the hell is sitting today. Tyler hasn’t been on the report for awhile so he’s getting better.”

The full game story...
Ball movement sparks Bobcats past Sac State
https://skylinesportsmt.com/ball-moveme ... sac-state/

phantom
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by phantom » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:24 am

To me, the lesson from this game is pretty simple. When this team makes shots, it's the team people had hoped to see. When it doesn't, it struggles. More consistent shooters are needed next season, but for this season, hopefully they're getting some confidence back and will gain some consistency.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:32 am

phantom wrote:To me, the lesson from this game is pretty simple. When this team makes shots, it's the team people had hoped to see. When it doesn't, it struggles. More consistent shooters are needed next season, but for this season, hopefully they're getting some confidence back and will gain some consistency.
I agree to an extent, but this team is best when we get aggressive and move the ball around, instead of settling for deep 3 pointers. Last night we attacked the rim and made the extra pass.

The problem is most teams can guard us on the perimeter because we don't have a lot of guys who can take you off the ball. When that happens, we are very stagnant on offense.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

aucat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by aucat » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:39 am

Well, I was at the game, and frankly was rather shocked by what I saw. Sac State had beaten us by 20 at their place,
so I figured we were in for a long night. Instead the guys were very energetic and animated. Really played hard, tough,
and were having fun.

The effort is to be admired. Great win, Cats!

Now, what the #$%& is going on with the Lady Cats??

thefrank1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by thefrank1 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:44 pm

From my seat in row M, the cats were having fun last night. They ran plays for Tyler early and often and he responded. I felt that they were communicating well with each other and played excellent defense most of the night (early second half exception.) Strings had to work hard most of the night and he and #23 were clearly exhausted from the hard work throughout the second half.

We enjoyed a relaxed game for a change and hope that it is the spark that ignites...

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:35 pm

Elevation seems to greatly affect Sacramento State — they are just above sea level.