MSU-UND

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Re: MSU-UND

Post by catatac » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:27 am

catatac wrote:
John K wrote:
msu_agfan wrote:
BelgradeBobcat wrote:
seattlecat95 wrote:
BelgradeBobcat wrote:Do they ever practice shooting? It's the whole basic premise of basketball but the concept appears to be foreign to this team. They just get worse and worse.
Hard to shoot well when everyone is double teaming our two shooters and switching on the screens.
The other guys are wide open and they look like they're chucking car batteries at the hoop. Mveuzolo and Klines should each get 20. D-1 players should knock it down when totally unguarded.
I'm wondering if this team was so Tyler centered, that they are having a hard time breaking away from that, always thinking get him/them the ball instead of, hey, I'm wide open and will shoot it in rhythm even though it is early in the shot clock. I thought for sure that last shot would be going down low, we had huge success the last two times down (their big guys fouled out), why go to our leader who has been ice cold all night? Positive spin, we were in this one.
The negative spin...UND isn't a very good team. 3-7 in conference and 8-14 overall. UNC will be a much tougher opponent on Saturday, although we did beat them at home earlier in the season. That's our best win of the conference season...our only win over a team that's not one of the bottom three in the BSC.
Ya, I hate to be a Debbie Downer here and I hope I'm wrong but I'd guess we lose again tomorrow night while the Griz thrash UND. :oops: :evil:
I was afraid I'd be right on this one, although UM struggled with UND more than I thought. Yes, I also realize I'm not Nostradamus here :lol:

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

BobcatFan68
BobcatNation Redshirt

Re: MSU-UND

Post by BobcatFan68 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:15 pm

msu_agfan wrote:
BelgradeBobcat wrote:
seattlecat95 wrote:
BelgradeBobcat wrote:Do they ever practice shooting? It's the whole basic premise of basketball but the concept appears to be foreign to this team. They just get worse and worse.
Hard to shoot well when everyone is double teaming our two shooters and switching on the screens.
The other guys are wide open and they look like they're chucking car batteries at the hoop. Mveuzolo and Klines should each get 20. D-1 players should knock it down when totally unguarded.
I'm wondering if this team was so Tyler centered, that they are having a hard time breaking away from that, always thinking get him/them the ball instead of, hey, I'm wide open and will shoot it in rhythm even though it is early in the shot clock. I thought for sure that last shot would be going down low, we had huge success the last two times down (their big guys fouled out), why go to our leader who has been ice cold all night? Positive spin, we were in this one.
I would have thought that to that the team was so Tyler centered but if you watch the game from a coaches perspective, I disagree. Tyler gets over looked a lot off screens, cut etc. On the last shot, I thought Harry would be the best option since Tyler was not hitting or ahead for a layup.

It's almost like this team is playing against themselves in the last two games. 7 conferences games left or something like that-if they get it figured out anything can happen in the conference tournament.