MSU-UND

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

towncat21
BobcatNation Letterman

MSU-UND

Post by towncat21 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:12 pm

Anyone else having perpetual problems streaming games on WatchBigSky? Seems like every other game I can't get a constant stream without having to reopen the site... :twisted:

Anyway, down early 14-2..

BobcatFan68
BobcatNation Redshirt

Re: MSU-UND

Post by BobcatFan68 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:37 pm

No problems here...

BobcatFan68
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by BobcatFan68 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:02 pm

Just wondering why you make your best player take such hard shots! Hall is not shooting well, but the shots he has to take are forced and not within the offense. He is being face guarded which is not new to him, but maybe start him with the ball. Hopefully, second half the Bobcats have a better half seeing the ball go through the net.

catscat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by catscat » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:13 pm

Slow start, but Cats on an 11-0 run.

Can't make up my mind as to which is better - 55-21 or 48-14.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:19 pm

I guess there must have been a T on NoDak to start the 2nd...
So far my feed is fine but I just turned it on...
44-38 BOBCATS.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:57 pm

Too good to be true. NoDak is pulling away. 1:16 down by 4.Now down by 1..

msubobcats@outlook.com

catscat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by catscat » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:00 pm

Chance to win on the last shot. Tough loss I guess.

Can't make up my mind as to which is better - 55-21 or 48-14.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:02 pm

Well crud... CATS just can't get over that hump.....75-74...

msubobcats@outlook.com

wapiti
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by wapiti » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:16 pm

Looks like women are up 35 - 17 over UND at the half:

Half
Team 1 2
N DAK 10 7
MT ST 17 18

seattlecat95
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by seattlecat95 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:46 pm

9 Seconds left and we cant draw up a play?

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:22 pm

seattlecat95 wrote:9 Seconds left and we cant draw up a play?
Yep...that last possession was pretty ugly. We almost didn't even get a shot off. If we'd gotten the first shot off a second earlier, the second shot that went in would have counted, and we would have won the game.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:51 pm

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:58 pm

Do they ever practice shooting? It's the whole basic premise of basketball but the concept appears to be foreign to this team. They just get worse and worse.

seattlecat95
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by seattlecat95 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:14 am

BelgradeBobcat wrote:Do they ever practice shooting? It's the whole basic premise of basketball but the concept appears to be foreign to this team. They just get worse and worse.
Hard to shoot well when everyone is double teaming our two shooters and switching on the screens.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:51 am

seattlecat95 wrote:
BelgradeBobcat wrote:Do they ever practice shooting? It's the whole basic premise of basketball but the concept appears to be foreign to this team. They just get worse and worse.
Hard to shoot well when everyone is double teaming our two shooters and switching on the screens.
The other guys are wide open and they look like they're chucking car batteries at the hoop. Mveuzolo and Klines should each get 20. D-1 players should knock it down when totally unguarded.

msu_agfan
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by msu_agfan » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:52 am

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
seattlecat95 wrote:
The other guys are wide open and they look like they're chucking car batteries at the hoop. Mveuzolo and Klines should each get 20. D-1 players should knock it down when totally unguarded.
I'm wondering if this team was so Tyler centered, that they are having a hard time breaking away from that, always thinking get him/them the ball instead of, hey, I'm wide open and will shoot it in rhythm even though it is early in the shot clock. I thought for sure that last shot would be going down low, we had huge success the last two times down (their big guys fouled out), why go to our leader who has been ice cold all night? Positive spin, we were in this one.

Animal Science/ Ag Business '96

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:24 am

msu_agfan wrote:
BelgradeBobcat wrote:
seattlecat95 wrote:
I'm wondering if this team was so Tyler centered, that they are having a hard time breaking away from that, always thinking get him/them the ball instead of, hey, I'm wide open and will shoot it in rhythm even though it is early in the shot clock. I thought for sure that last shot would be going down low, we had huge success the last two times down (their big guys fouled out), why go to our leader who has been ice cold all night? Positive spin, we were in this one.
The negative spin...UND isn't a very good team. 3-7 in conference and 8-14 overall. UNC will be a much tougher opponent on Saturday, although we did beat them at home earlier in the season. That's our best win of the conference season...our only win over a team that's not one of the bottom three in the BSC.

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:31 am

On the plus side, the women had another good win last night. They're in a 4 way tie for 2nd place, only half a game behind conference leader WSU. The top 5 teams are separated by only half a game, and the top 8 are separated by only 2 games, so the women's race should be interesting during the final month of the season.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:06 pm

John K wrote:
msu_agfan wrote:
BelgradeBobcat wrote:
seattlecat95 wrote:
The negative spin...UND isn't a very good team. 3-7 in conference and 8-14 overall. UNC will be a much tougher opponent on Saturday, although we did beat them at home earlier in the season. That's our best win of the conference season...our only win over a team that's not one of the bottom three in the BSC.
Ya, I hate to be a Debbie Downer here and I hope I'm wrong but I'd guess we lose again tomorrow night while the Griz thrash UND. :oops: :evil:

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

seattlecat95
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by seattlecat95 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:00 pm

msu_agfan wrote:
BelgradeBobcat wrote:
seattlecat95 wrote:
Amen!
As many have posted - this is a talent deep team and they can still beat anyone - but only if things change up. (Definition of insanity anyone??)