Cat Chat replay 1/31/18

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Cat Chat replay 1/31/18

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:04 pm

More info than the usual Cat Chat. Right at the beginning they talk about how sickness has been running through the team for the last 2 weeks. Then Jay Sanderson quips about people hiding behind computer screens and taking pot shots having no idea what the team was going through. My response is, then why don't you, the voice of the Bobcats, tell us what the team was going through. Fish said on the pregame show before the NAU game that everybody was healthy. I know they don't want to make excuses, but if you're sick, you're sick. Why the secrecy? In any case, I have no idea if things have run their course and everybody is feeling better or not. I guess we'll see tomorrow at North Dakota.

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Re: Cat Chat replay 1/31/18

Post by Helcat72 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:30 am

Why do the Bobcats always get sick and go into a dive? I don't remember any of the other teams on the BSC getting a rash of flu. Maybe its because we have such a thin bench that we can't afford to have a couple of guys sick......or maybe everyone else gets flu shots or something like that to immunize the team against things like that.

2024 Resume dominance

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:49 am

Helcat72 wrote:Why do the Bobcats always get sick and go into a dive? I don't remember any of the other teams on the BSC getting a rash of flu. Maybe its because we have such a thin bench that we can't afford to have a couple of guys sick......or maybe everyone else gets flu shots or something like that to immunize the team against things like that.
I thought I read NAU, SUU, PSU and a couple other teams had kids (two or more) out for multiple games after conference play started. Their teams rested them and didn't play any of the sick kids.

phantom
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by phantom » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:42 am

BelgradeBobcat wrote:

More info than the usual Cat Chat. Right at the beginning they talk about how sickness has been running through the team for the last 2 weeks. Then Jay Sanderson quips about people hiding behind computer screens and taking pot shots having no idea what the team was going through. My response is, then why don't you, the voice of the Bobcats, tell us what the team was going through. Fish said on the pregame show before the NAU game that everybody was healthy. I know they don't want to make excuses, but if you're sick, you're sick. Why the secrecy? In any case, I have no idea if things have run their course and everybody is feeling better or not. I guess we'll see tomorrow at North Dakota.
I think that's a pretty bogus statement for Jay Sanderson to make. When people don't have access to information, you can't call them out for being aware of that information. The best people can do is judge by what you see on the court. It's fair to have disagreements on what we see and we may see things differently, but not about things people have know way of knowing.

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:23 am

Cat Grad wrote:
Helcat72 wrote:Why do the Bobcats always get sick and go into a dive? I don't remember any of the other teams on the BSC getting a rash of flu. Maybe its because we have such a thin bench that we can't afford to have a couple of guys sick......or maybe everyone else gets flu shots or something like that to immunize the team against things like that.
I thought I read NAU, SUU, PSU and a couple other teams had kids (two or more) out for multiple games after conference play started. Their teams rested them and didn't play any of the sick kids.
I guess I was talking more about the Griz, EWI, UI, Weber......the top teams

2024 Resume dominance

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:34 am

Cat Chat is purely promotional, it's not where the hard hitting questions get asked. Sanderson was just assuring Fish that a bucket full of softballs are coming your way.

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

wapiti
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by wapiti » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:49 am

They probably did get the flu shot. The flu shot is one big waste of time and money. It does a poor job of preventing someone from catching the flu and absolutely no good for fighting a cold. The best the team could do is to keep their hands washed, eat healthy, and avoid flu and cold vectors.