Gauchos have answers to defensive variety, blast Bobcats

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:08 pm

https://skylinesportsmt.com/gauchos-hav ... e-variety/

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Re: Gauchos have answers to defensive variety, blast Bobcats

Post by gtapp » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:12 pm

I thought this was the year we would be very competitive. Not so sure with 2 lopsided losses in the last week.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

GrizgradCatFan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by GrizgradCatFan » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:46 pm

We need a new line up. I don't know why Fish is so hooked on Sam. C.Frey should be starting in place. Also bottom instead of Klines. Tyler getting some time off to will help as his ankle is keeping him from cutting it's plainly obvious. They will be alright. Just Fish needs to step back and re evaluate the lineup

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:54 pm

Why can't Benson Osyande get off the bench? Fish finally gave him about 3 minutes against Bethesda and he got us 8 points. This team is so starved for length and athleticism inside and Fish insists on playing 6'5" centers. Shultz is the center of the future, but he's a big project at this point.

I thought Blevins would be a big upgrade over Quinton Everett from last season. But so far all Blevins can do is miss layups and go one for two from the line. Has he ever made two in a row? At least Everett was good for a 3 now and then.

Klines does a lot of stuff well...except make the basket. And he's shooting about 20% from the line.

Bonton alternates between the spectacular and a turn over. He doesn't value the basketball and he's way too inconsistent. At least he's just a freshman. Except Tyler Hall and Harald Frey didn't turn it over like he does when they were freshmen.

I would guess Tyler Hall is about 60% right now. Unfortunately, instead of stepping up and picking up the slack, the rest of the team seems to have the attitude that they can't win without him being 100%.

GoldstoneCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by GoldstoneCat » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:09 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:Why can't Benson Osyande get off the bench? Fish finally gave him about 3 minutes against Bethesda and he got us 8 points. This team is so starved for length and athleticism inside and Fish insists on playing 6'5" centers. Shultz is the center of the future, but he's a big project at this point.

I thought Blevins would be a big upgrade over Quinton Everett from last season. But so far all Blevins can do is miss layups and go one for two from the line. Has he ever made two in a row? At least Everett was good for a 3 now and then.

Klines does a lot of stuff well...except make the basket. And he's shooting about 20% from the line.

Bonton alternates between the spectacular and a turn over. He doesn't value the basketball and he's way too inconsistent. At least he's just a freshman. Except Tyler Hall and Harald Frey didn't turn it over like he does when they were freshmen.

I would guess Tyler Hall is about 60% right now. Unfortunately, instead of stepping up and picking up the slack, the rest of the team seems to have the attitude that they can't win without him being 100%.
I agree, got to see them live for the second time this year, and something seems off. They looked to have a bit of give-up in them today, especially on defense. I think it's too early to write them off as a mid pack team, because there is more talent than there has been in awhile, but it seems the utilization of it is wrong. Totally agree, why not try Benson for some length? Neumann is a damn hard worker, but he's outclassed at both ends against a lot of teams. Like mvuezolo better when he's slashing than spotting up in the corner. Gotta get it figured out.

duelalumnicat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by duelalumnicat » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:45 pm

I agree with the prior comments regarding Osyande and Mvuezolo. What did Osyande due to end up in Fish's doghouse?

I also agree with the comment on one of the other threads that the Bobcat men do not look like they are having fun at all.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:59 pm

Getting your butt kicked isn't fun.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."