MBB - Central Mich.

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

ddlalum
BobcatNation Team Captain

MBB - Central Mich.

Post by ddlalum » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:58 pm

For those that don't know, the game is on ESPN3....

Don't think I can watch another half.... That was ugly. :yuck: :yuck: :yuck:

37 - 20 at the half.

WYCAT
Member # Retired

Re: MBB - Central Mich.

Post by WYCAT » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:01 pm

That's being kind. Worst half I've seen in quite a while.

You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves." - Abraham Lincoln

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:10 pm

wow..... they can not make ANYTHING....

FTG- GO CATS GO!

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:45 pm

Post game quotes from Fish could be interesting.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Domako
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Domako » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:52 pm

Tyler better be sick or hurt. Plays 11 minutes? Is that what you want to do to your best player? I would be pissed if I were him. Make your best player disgruntled when he may bolt for the NBA draft, not smart. Waiting to hear the explanation... Rant over.

Tom Domako

WYCAT
Member # Retired

Post by WYCAT » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:01 pm

Couldn't agree more Tom. Fish better have more to offer than I think he has.

You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves." - Abraham Lincoln

Domako
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Domako » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:07 pm

Just heard the post game, I'm mad and I know Tyler has to be irate. Let your best player post a big fat zero, way to treat the Big Sky player of the week... Wow.

Tom Domako

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:09 pm

Domako wrote:Tyler better be sick or hurt. Plays 11 minutes? Is that what you want to do to your best player? I would be pissed if I were him. Make your best player disgruntled when he may bolt for the NBA draft, not smart. Waiting to hear the explanation... Rant over.
Just a guess. But watching the game, at one point in the first half it looked like Tyler tweaked his ankle, he kind of came up walking like it hurt. Obviously he was still able to play, but maybe fish was thinking that since it was a blow out, it was best to rest him....

I don't know?

that game was brutal.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

WYCAT
Member # Retired

Post by WYCAT » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:14 pm

Domako wrote:Just heard the post game, I'm mad and I know Tyler has to be irate. Let your best player post a big fat zero, way to treat the Big Sky player of the week... Wow.
I didn't/couldn't listen. Can you summarize his comments?

Domako
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Domako » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:24 pm

WYCAT wrote:
Domako wrote:Just heard the post game, I'm mad and I know Tyler has to be irate. Let your best player post a big fat zero, way to treat the Big Sky player of the week... Wow.
I didn't/couldn't listen. Can you summarize his comments?
First of all, Jay didn't ask the question of why Tyler only played 11 minutes. I know he has to keep his relationship with Fish, but you need to ask. Fish kind of said that he decided to get his young guys some extra time and rest some guys. All I know is that Stu would have never done that. Let Tyler go 0 for 20 in my opinion, and then talk to him after the game and tell him no big deal, you had an off night and you're my guy!

Tom Domako

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:36 pm

I hope I'm wrong, but this feels like the start of another big long losing streak. It can't be a Bobcat basketball season without a long losing streak at some point, right?

rosco_cat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by rosco_cat » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:16 pm

Domako wrote:Tyler better be sick or hurt. Plays 11 minutes? Is that what you want to do to your best player? I would be pissed if I were him. Make your best player disgruntled when he may bolt for the NBA draft, not smart. Waiting to hear the explanation... Rant over.
I don't think Hall leaving for the NBA is a concern. In my opinion, at this point he's too soft and not even close to being good enough for the NBA.

Domako
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Domako » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:40 pm

rosco_cat wrote:
I don't think Hall leaving for the NBA is a concern. In my opinion, at this point he's too soft and not even close to being good enough for the NBA.
I agree, he needs to get quicker and more athletic to play in the league. That being said, he plays bad and we lose, he plays good and I like our chances against most competition. You just don't do that to your best player you may ever coach at MSU. Challenge him to get better at ball handling and creating his own shot. What a perfect time when you are getting your ass kicked. Coaches should have a never die, never give up attitude. Looked like Fish gave up to me and this is unacceptable. Plus you piss off your best player going forward and could make this loss linger. Embarrassing...

Tom Domako

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:14 pm

https://twitter.com/tyler_hall1/status/938265643522187264

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:24 pm

Hawks86 wrote:https://twitter.com/tyler_hall1/status/938265643522187264
Tyler Hall tweaked his ankle against Montana Western and has struggled with it all season since. It's a testament to his toughness he hasn't missed any time. He re-tweaked in practice Monday then in the first half Tuesday and could barely go in the second half. It has nothing to do with Fish's rotation. They have just been trying to not make a big deal of the injury. Tyler has played through it to the tune of 22 points per game and, as mentioned, earned Big Sky Player of the Week last week.

Central Michigan holds Hall scoreless, blasts Bobcats
https://skylinesportsmt.com/central-mic ... s-bobcats/
Last edited by Colter_Nuanez on Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:24 pm

A little perspective here would be good - MSU just played a two game road trip as tough or tougher than anything they'll face in the Big Sky and are coming home with a split despite the awful performance tonight. They're going to be just fine and as Hall said, that will never happen again.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:39 pm

MSU01 wrote:A little perspective here would be good - MSU just played a two game road trip as tough or tougher than anything they'll face in the Big Sky and are coming home with a split despite the awful performance tonight. They're going to be just fine and as Hall said, that will never happen again.
Montana State has played eight of its 10 games away from Bozeman. Saturday agaisnt UC Santa Barbara is the team's first home game against a Division I. They are 6-4 despite playing four road games in 11 days, coming home for a home game against a Bible college and going back out for a two-game road trip against tough mid-major teams. All with their best player nursing a nagging ankle. MSU went 5-9 in its non-conference last season.

Domako
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Domako » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:11 am

If he got hurt, then that explains it.

Tom Domako

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:45 am

rosco_cat wrote:
Three years in the Big Sky won't prepare him for the NBA. Four years in the Big Sky won't prepare him for the NBA. No matter how long he plays in the Big Sky, he'll be a G/F here, and if he wants to play in the NBA, he'll have to be a combo guard. Also, Hall came to MSU at 175 and Fish had him bulked up to 210 to guard power forwards :lol: No way is a 6'4" guy going to be guarding power forwards in the pros unless he's Charles Barkley. Hall would be better served playing both guard positions, (and closer to 175, because he'd be quicker) but that's not the system he's in right now. Plus, it's great that he's got some experience guarding bigger guys, but ideally he would have some more experience guarding PGs and SGs too.

Hall's going to have to learn on the job to make it in the pros, no matter how long he stays at MSU. That's the nature of making the jump from the Big Sky. But as long as he keeps hitting his 3s, I think he'll get a chance to learn.

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by imacat » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:39 pm

Lillard .... Rookie of year year. Just say’n.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk