MBB vs. Binghamton

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

msu_agfan
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

MBB vs. Binghamton

Post by msu_agfan » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:20 am

1030 Mountain time this morning. Reports are that Tyler is 50/50 for playing this game. I'm sure they will rest him if he needs it. On paper this team seems to be a weaker opponent than LATech, so we will see. Game feed is supposed to be available here: http://www.collegesportslive.com/index_ ... dia=562813

Animal Science/ Ag Business '96

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Re: MBB vs. Binghamton

Post by LTown Cat » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:33 pm

Down 3 at half. Were down by about 9 early. Turnovers and the 3 ball have kept us in it.

msu_agfan

Post by msu_agfan » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:50 pm

We are up 48-42 with 12 minutes to go. Whole different team out there, getting steals, fast breaks, and Tyler has hit 2 wide open 3's.

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:59 pm

Totally different team in the second half. Love it.

57-44 9:03 left to play.

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:22 pm

Nice win! Really like this team!

So this is a tourney down there, right? who do they play next?

FTG- GO CATS GO!

Cats15

Post by Cats15 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:22 pm

10 point win! Came out a different team second half. Hopefully the can get some beach time in this afternoon. Good win!

msu_agfan

Post by msu_agfan » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:24 pm

It seemed we were trying to let them back in this game at the end, the score was within 6 after some bad dealings with their press, however we were able to rebound and get a 10 pt. win 74-64. Lowest score for our defense this year, previous was 71 or 72.

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:29 pm

https://www.cancunchallenge.net/bracket.html

We are schedule to play the winner of the Southeast Missouri - CSU Northridge game, which starts in about a half hour.

Game time will be tomorrow at 1 pm MST.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:30 pm

Nice D-1 neutral court win. We shot it extremely well in the second half.
This team is too careless with the ball and not very good at finishing inside. Blevins is playing the 4. He has the athleticism and he's not too undersized, but he is obviously not yet comfortable finishing inside. He makes the easy shot hard. Nobody on our team except Sam Neumann knows how to head fake. Most of that frustration was masked by shooting the lights out, but when the shots aren't falling we have to be more efficient.
Harald Frey is our best player.
Lots to work on, but a good win.

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:38 pm

Could Bonton become MSU's 3rd consecutive Big Sky Conference Freshman of the year? He's starting to get some numbers.
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... aac-bonton

Brendan Howard of Great Falls, playing for EWU was the preseason favorite for the award, but he hasn't put up any stats yet.
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... dan-howard

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:50 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:Harald Frey is our best player.
Absolutely could not agree more. I watched a practice and this is the 3rd game I've seen and we will go as he goes this year.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:38 pm

LTown Cat wrote:
Absolutely could not agree more. I watched a practice and this is the 3rd game I've seen and we will go as he goes this year.
That definitely says a lot!...... considering he is on the same team as Tyler hall. Fish has really done an incredible job at recruiting... Bonton looks like another great get... love it!

FTG- GO CATS GO!

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:40 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
LTown Cat wrote:
That definitely says a lot!...... considering he is on the same team as Tyler hall. Fish has really done an incredible job at recruiting... Bonton looks like another great get... love it!
Hall is an incredible talent and a prolific scorer. Harold controls the whole game. When he's playing well the whole team plays better. Remember for quite a while we didn't win a game that Tyler went over 30 pts.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:10 pm

Bill Lamberty is in Cancun. Here's his story from this morning's game.

Bobcats pick up win over Binghamton in Cancun
https://skylinesportsmt.com/38004-2/

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:18 pm

Rich K wrote:https://www.cancunchallenge.net/bracket.html

We are schedule to play the winner of the Southeast Missouri - CSU Northridge game, which starts in about a half hour.

Too bad we dropped the LA Tech game. The reward for winning would have been to play in the "upper" Riviera division of the Cancun Classic with both games nationally televised on the CBS Sports Network. That would have been great exposure for the team — and we could have watched them!

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:37 pm

Bobcat4Ever wrote:

Too bad we dropped the LA Tech game. The reward for winning would have been to play in the "upper" Riviera division of the Cancun Classic with both games nationally televised on the CBS Sports Network. That would have been great exposure for the team — and we could have watched them!
Well, I watched today's game. The OP's link worked for me. :)

Bobcat4Ever

MBB vs. Binghamton

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:40 pm

Rich K wrote:
Bobcat4Ever wrote:

Well, I watched today's game. The OP's link worked for me. :)
Thanks for the reminder! I read that earlier and it did not stick.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:14 pm

MSU will be playing Southeast Missouri State tomorrow after they beat Northridge by 15...SEMO also played at Louisiana Tech this season and lost by 1 in OT. Should be a good competitive game if MSU is at full strength with Tyler Hall playing. I hope the awards for winning the "Mayan Division" at this thing are pendants of life from the old Legends of the Hidden Temple show on Nickelodeon.

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:32 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:Nice D-1 neutral court win. We shot it extremely well in the second half.
This team is too careless with the ball and not very good at finishing inside. Blevins is playing the 4. He has the athleticism and he's not too undersized, but he is obviously not yet comfortable finishing inside. He makes the easy shot hard. Nobody on our team except Sam Neumann knows how to head fake. Most of that frustration was masked by shooting the lights out, but when the shots aren't falling we have to be more efficient.
Harald Frey is our best player.
Lots to work on, but a good win.
He might be the most important to our success, but lets not get crazy. Tyler might be the best offensive player we've EVER seen here, and that's coming from a guy that saw Finberg in person :D

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:03 am

WalkOn79 wrote:He might be the most important to our success, but lets not get crazy. Tyler might be the best offensive player we've EVER seen here, and that's coming from a guy that saw Finberg in person :D
I saw Finberg too. Imagine him with a three point line. Tyler Hall will go down in history as the greatest Bobcat basketball player, of that I have no doubt. So far this season, Harald Frey has been our best all-around player vs Omaha, Utah State, and Binghamton. Those were in game observations. With Tyler getting all the attention, Harry has the ability to really go off on some people. And now with Bonton coming on our back court could be extremely special. It's fun to watch them go against teams that don't know us all that well. Tyler can get his shot off against anyone-I don't think it much matters what defenses do against him. I'm glad to see his shots starting to fall. I hope he heals fast.