Bobcat Basketball in Canada

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Jay Sanderson
New Recruit

Bobcat Basketball in Canada

Post by Jay Sanderson » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:33 pm

As I'm sure everyone here knows, Montana State Men's Basketball will be playing 4 exhibition games in Calgary August 10-13. What you may not know is that we will have a radio broadcast of all of them.

The broadcast schedule is:

August 10 - vs University of Calgary - Pregame: 6:30 PM MT, Tip: 7:00
August 11 - vs University of Alberta - Pregame: 6:30 PM, Tip: 7:00
August 12 - vs University of Calgary - Pregame: 2:30 PM, Tip: 3:00
August 13 - vs University of Alberta - Pregame: 12:30 PM, Tip 1:00

All games will be on KMMS 1450 AM in Bozeman, online at MSUBobcats.com and on the TuneIn app.

This is a big trip for the Bobcats - a chance to fold in the newcomers and get them up to speed for what should be an exciting season.

I'm excited to be going and I hope you enjoy the broadcasts.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Bobcat Basketball in Canada

Post by mslacat » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:44 pm

Jay Sanderson wrote:As I'm sure everyone here knows, Montana State Men's Basketball will be playing 4 exhibition games in Calgary August 10-13. What you may not know is that we will have a radio broadcast of all of them.

The broadcast schedule is:

August 10 - vs University of Calgary - Pregame: 6:30 PM MT, Tip: 7:00
August 11 - vs University of Alberta - Pregame: 6:30 PM, Tip: 7:00
August 12 - vs University of Calgary - Pregame: 2:30 PM, Tip: 3:00
August 13 - vs University of Alberta - Pregame: 12:30 PM, Tip 1:00

All games will be on KMMS 1450 AM in Bozeman, online at MSUBobcats.com and on the TuneIn app.

This is a big trip for the Bobcats - a chance to fold in the newcomers and get them up to speed for what should be an exciting season.

I'm excited to be going and I hope you enjoy the broadcasts.
Very excited to listen to the games and see a early preview of next year team!

Willneal
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Willneal » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:19 am

Does anyone know if they have started practices in preparation for the trip, and how we are looking?

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:36 am

Willneal wrote:Does anyone know if they have started practices in preparation for the trip, and how we are looking?
I have heard they have started Official Practice. They are allowed 10 official practices before the games.

bobcatfan4life
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by bobcatfan4life » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:19 am

I for one am looking forward to hearing how they do in Canada. I know nothing about the type of competition they will be playing, but i look forward to listening to see how these new guys fit in and how they do.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:01 am

bobcatfan4life wrote:I for one am looking forward to hearing how they do in Canada. I know nothing about the type of competition they will be playing, but i look forward to listening to see how these new guys fit in and how they do.
Compitition should be mid to lower D-2 or NAIA kind of like a exihbition game, but these teams have been practicing a little more. Additionall the Bobcat will be playing 4 games in 4 days while Calgaray and Alberta will only be playing 2 games with a day off between game. By the 3rd and 4th game we could be dragging, so it will be important to go deep in the bench this tourney, which will really help the coaches see who they got this year.

bobcatfan4life
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by bobcatfan4life » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:06 am

mslacat wrote:
bobcatfan4life wrote:I for one am looking forward to hearing how they do in Canada. I know nothing about the type of competition they will be playing, but i look forward to listening to see how these new guys fit in and how they do.
Compitition should be mid to lower D-2 or NAIA kind of like a exihbition game, but these teams have been practicing a little more. Additionall the Bobcat will be playing 4 games in 4 days while Calgaray and Alberta will only be playing 2 games with a day off between game. By the 3rd and 4th game we could be dragging, so it will be important to go deep in the bench this tourney, which will really help the coaches see who they got this year.

Thank you for the information! I wasn't sure on what type of competition we would be playing at this tournament. But i think it will be valuable experience for the freshman and the two guys that sat out last year. Yes it is a lot of games and good experience as well.

Willneal
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Willneal » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:18 am

Thanks for the info!

desmond1957
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by desmond1957 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:02 pm

Does anyone know what time the official practices start and where they are located? Understand the floor in the field house has been pulled?

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:08 pm

Bobcats are in Conrad on their way to Canada.
https://twitter.com/MSUBobcatsMBB

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:24 pm

Glad they didn't fly Allegiant Air.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:33 pm

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Wonder if the football team has a new travel agent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

towncat21
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by towncat21 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:06 pm

No where to see a webcast, but will there be highlights available? Really curious to see how this team is going to look. AND- it's August and I'm interested in.... Bball?? =D^

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:41 pm

towncat21 wrote:No where to see a webcast, but will there be highlights available? Really curious to see how this team is going to look. AND- it's August and I'm interested in.... Bball?? =D^
Could not agree with you more!! This years team seems to have the potential to make a big splash in the Big Sky race, with almost everything coming back from last year, including a potential POY in Tyler plus some pretty exciting players being added to the mix. You know it would not bother me at all if Fish did not play Tyler and Harald very much. It is all about the supporting cast. I really want to see if our freshman guards can make the impact! I want to see if we can go big with Shultz, Kirby and/or Big-O. I want to finally see our transfers who are finally available. And finally there always seems to be that one returner who has a coming out year. and finally I want to see if we can play Fish's defense with-out racking up 26 fouls a game! This trip is all positive if they lose a game so what! Slate is immediate clean come the second week in November!

msu_agfan
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by msu_agfan » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:41 am

From Calgary's page here: http://www.godinos.com/schedule.aspx?path=mbball we can access live stats for their two games, which would be nice since there is only audio. Go CATS!!

Animal Science/ Ag Business '96

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:57 am

http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/sp ... b7ea9.html
The tentative plan, head coach Brian Fish said, is to play the first game as MSU normally would and then spend the next three tinkering with rotations, situations and ideas.

“We’re not going to tax their minds with too much film work,” Fish added. “We’re going up there to have some fun. … We’ll put them in different roles and I’m really excited about that because, win or lose, we’re going to get a lot of guys a lot of playing time.

msu_agfan
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by msu_agfan » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:04 pm

I cant get msubobcats.com audio to work, but this app is working so far, even on my laptop: https://tunein.com/radio/Montana-St-Bob ... -p1013894/

Animal Science/ Ag Business '96

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:57 pm

Strange, I have enthusiasm for the beginning of Bobcat Basketball season and August isn't half way through!

towncat21
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by towncat21 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:06 pm

Ditto.. 91-71 Cats. We sounded light years ahead of start of last year. New guys contributed, everyone hustled. Just more athletic. Can't wait for November!

GrizgradCatFan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by GrizgradCatFan » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:07 pm

Any stats or anybody there to say how any of them played?