Tyler Hall's Off Season

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Tyler Hall's Off Season

Post by Rich K » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:11 am

Interesting story about Hall's summer back home.

http://qctimes.com/sports/basketball/co ... um=twitter

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

77matcat
Member # Retired

Re: Tyler Hall's Off Season

Post by 77matcat » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:18 pm

Classy young man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

msu_agfan
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by msu_agfan » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:37 am

He is developing into a fine young man. What I appreciated most from this article is the alluding to Tyler staying here for 2 more years. :) It might have just been an assumption by the writer, but I like it.

Animal Science/ Ag Business '96

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:38 am

msu_agfan wrote:He is developing into a fine young man. What I appreciated most from this article is the alluding to Tyler staying here for 2 more years. :) It might have just been an assumption by the writer, but I like it.
I have heard rumblings that Fish is getting grumpy about all the talk on this board about Hall transferring or leaving early. He has been asked a lot about this over the tour of the state MSU athletics does every spring and he has been saying consistently there is no reason for Tyler to leave and can not understand where this comes from and why it continues to come up on Bobcat Nation,

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:13 am

mslacat wrote:
msu_agfan wrote:He is developing into a fine young man. What I appreciated most from this article is the alluding to Tyler staying here for 2 more years. :) It might have just been an assumption by the writer, but I like it.
I have heard rumblings that Fish is getting grumpy about all the talk on this board about Hall transferring or leaving early. He has been asked a lot about this over the tour of the state MSU athletics does every spring and he has been saying consistently there is no reason for Tyler to leave and can not understand where this comes from and why it continues to come up on Bobcat Nation,
I don't blame fish for being annoyed, I'd by annoyed too if I were the coach.

But I also don't blame fans for being a little suspicious with how many players are transferring these days as well as the sting of Dakota Prukop transferring to Oregon still being fresh.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:24 am

wbtfg wrote:
mslacat wrote:

But I also don't blame fans for being a little suspicious with how many players are transferring these days as well as the sting of Dakota Prukop transferring to Oregon still being fresh.
I would agree. I saw just yesterday that the 2017 total (so far) for transfers is about 697 or about 15% of the D-1 underclassmen roster. Kids are moving around trying to find better and better opportunities, Then you have the Bobcat basketball faithful that have seen time after time top notch players recruited here only to see them end up some where else - thinking of a certain London center. We have grown to be a little pessimistic

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:34 am

wbtfg wrote:
mslacat wrote:

Depends on the reason the fans are suspicious. If there is a legitimate source that the player is considering it, then fine. But when it's based on nothing more than the player being really talented, ie too talented to stay at MSU, it's annoying for everyone, not just the coach.
Remember when DMac was transferring to TCU? That one was started by a griz troll putting a single comment on a Billings Gazette online story.

phantom
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by phantom » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:57 am

The frustration has probably sprung from the fact that there has never been any indication that Tyler would transfer. Parents have always been supportive, Tyler has never complained. It's been covered, but some people still have brought up from time to time the prospect of him transferring.

bobcatfan4life
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by bobcatfan4life » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:34 am

Tyler has never ever uttered a word about transferring to another school, and that is why i get frustrated with the rumor mill even starting. So I am with phantom in that is why the coach would be frustrated. There is so much insinuation about Tyler leaving, yet Tyler himself has never been more committed than he is to MSU. He has always said he liked playing for Fish and liked the idea of helping bring a program back around that may not have been so good. He wants to see MSU at the top, and he is humble and hardworking. I will say i never thought he would transfer to another school, but thought the chance he got drafted or tried to go to the draft was a possibility.

He shows even in this article with things he says, that he wants to be part of bringing Montana State Basketball back to the top of the Big Sky and to the NCAA tournament, and i see that happening. I always appreciated Tyler as a player but even more in the way he carried himself and his attitude. He is always humble, and all about the team. That was the same way DeNarius was, he was all about the team from the beginning to the day he graduated and now he is back.

Last thing i will say on this matter is this...anyone that hasn't yet seen Tyler play, should take the chance because he is a talent many of us haven't seen at MSU in basketball in a very long time, and even if ever for some,and his attitude really makes him that much more easy to support and follow! Let us as fans just enjoy having him here because we are lucky to have him.

BobcatFan68
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by BobcatFan68 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:28 pm

Not sure why the coach would be annoyed, unless you are Tyler or his parents, we really have no idea what he is thinking! You can't tell me he has not thought about transferring to a different school and why would he not look at those options. He was clearly under recruited and we are lucky to have him in Bozeman. I do believe he will return for one more year for sure from his interview above, so lets enjoy him while he is here.

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by WalkOn79 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:38 pm

bobcatfan4life wrote:Tyler has never ever uttered a word about transferring to another school, and that is why i get frustrated with the rumor mill even starting. So I am with phantom in that is why the coach would be frustrated. There is so much insinuation about Tyler leaving, yet Tyler himself has never been more committed than he is to MSU. He has always said he liked playing for Fish and liked the idea of helping bring a program back around that may not have been so good. He wants to see MSU at the top, and he is humble and hardworking. I will say i never thought he would transfer to another school, but thought the chance he got drafted or tried to go to the draft was a possibility.

He shows even in this article with things he says, that he wants to be part of bringing Montana State Basketball back to the top of the Big Sky and to the NCAA tournament, and i see that happening. I always appreciated Tyler as a player but even more in the way he carried himself and his attitude. He is always humble, and all about the team. That was the same way DeNarius was, he was all about the team from the beginning to the day he graduated and now he is back.

Last thing i will say on this matter is this...anyone that hasn't yet seen Tyler play, should take the chance because he is a talent many of us haven't seen at MSU in basketball in a very long time, and even if ever for some,and his attitude really makes him that much more easy to support and follow! Let us as fans just enjoy having him here because we are lucky to have him.
Preaching to the choir here I know, but maybe this will help get the word out. Bobcat Basketball is FUN to watch!

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz