Men's 2018 Basketball Recruiting

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Men's 2018 Basketball Recruiting

Post by mslacat » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:45 pm

Anand Hundal (who was mentioned earlier in this thread) a 6-10 center/forward from Las Positas JC in California is on a recruiting vist to Bozeman today (4/17/18). He visited Canisius College of the MAAC earlier this week (I believe he flew strait from Canisius to MSU). He has offered from Toledo, Canisius and I assume Montana State. I hear though that Pacific is putting on a late push for him, since one of their centers transferred to Montana recently. Other schools have shown a lot of interest recently. I would have said MSU might be the leader for his services, but with Pacific putting on a late push and is a lot closer than any other school currently offering him they could be in the cat birds seat if the have or do offer (I don't know). I have heard he will make up his mind fairly quickly as he is trying to get his visits in ASAP. BTW he avereaged 15pts 10rbs 3Blks 57%FG 26% 3FG this season. Has a rep as a very good shot blocker who does not foul out of many games (1 d.q. this season)

GrizgradCatFan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by GrizgradCatFan » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:17 pm

Any word on any others who maybe in the mix. Would love to get another solid pt. guard

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:15 pm

Of all of the true center types (6-10 or better) who seem to be on our list I personally like Anand Hundal the best. I have said a couple times my two favorite big men period that we are recruiting I liked Dedoch Chan and Simon Falokun both 6-8 athletic PF/C types. Falokun (out of Dawson CC) just committed elsewhere, but I do believe Chan has a visit scheduled. I am getting conflicting information about how many players we will sign this spring. I was under the impression at the end of the season that we would sign 4 this spring. 1 SG/SF (Ricketts), 2 Big men (true center, athletic PF) and a Point guard (either very good HS or JC). I have been told recently that Fish is saying three will be signed. If that is true I see Ricketts and 2 JC big men. My gut still tells me we will sign a 4th and add a point guard.

One thing to remember, it is tough to gauge what/who the coaches might be recruiting overseas. That is a wild card.

All of this assumes Tyler Hall comes back. If Tyler does choose not to return we will not know until mid June. That will add another scholarship to the mix, but there might not be a lot of quality players left to fill his scholarship. I do not think Fish will fill his scholarship just for the sake of filling a scholarship. If a player is not available that he likes I could see Fish leaving it open and fill it in the 2019 class.

This is all based on rumor and my intuition.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:01 pm

mslacat wrote:Of all of the true center types (6-10 or better) who seem to be on our list I personally like Anand Hundal the best. I have said a couple times my two favorite big men period that we are recruiting I liked Dedoch Chan and Simon Falokun both 6-8 athletic PF/C types. Falokun (out of Dawson CC) just committed elsewhere, but I do believe Chan has a visit scheduled. I am getting conflicting information about how many players we will sign this spring. I was under the impression at the end of the season that we would sign 4 this spring. 1 SG/SF (Ricketts), 2 Big men (true center, athletic PF) and a Point guard (either very good HS or JC). I have been told recently that Fish is saying three will be signed. If that is true I see Ricketts and 2 JC big men. My gut still tells me we will sign a 4th and add a point guard.

One thing to remember, it is tough to gauge what/who the coaches might be recruiting overseas. That is a wild card.

All of this assumes Tyler Hall comes back. If Tyler does choose not to return we will not know until mid June. That will add another scholarship to the mix, but there might not be a lot of quality players left to fill his scholarship. I do not think Fish will fill his scholarship just for the sake of filling a scholarship. If a player is not available that he likes I could see Fish leaving it open and fill it in the 2019 class.

This is all based on rumor and my intuition.
And Fish signs ........ a point guard. I created a whole separate thread with the particulars.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:05 am

So two weeks into the spring recruiting period and about 3 weeks to go. WE have had 2 signings one I like a lot and another I am in a wait and see mode on, but none of them really feels like a move that could boost us next year to improve on our 13-19 (6-12) record this year. Ricketts will probably be a little upgrade Mvuezolo. We are hoping Ricketts will be a more consistent 3 point shooter Mvuezolo, but will loose some athleticism. In Daniels we hope to improved backup point guard spot. Daniels is a solid point guard, but can he pick up his scoring to be a enough to keep defenses honest. Both of these recruits are the type of moves teams make when they are trying to get over the hump from contender to league champs, the Bobcats need a lot more! I am really hoping the jewel(s) of our recruiting class are still to come. Those jewels need to be real/true big men who Fish has confindence enough in that they can contribute a solid 20+ minutes, score, rebound and defend. There are still a few players out their who we have been recruiting who are still available, that might fit the bill. Those being JC's 6-10 Amel Kuijuhovic, 6-10 Anand Hundal (who was in for a visit last week), and 6-8 Dedoch Chan (who I have heard will or has been in for a visit). The problem is while most of these guys we were one of the first schools to offer them, more and more schools are jumping on board including schools considered to be in higher conferences. MSU needs another infusion of talent to even get us to where we were in 2017-18 (16-16OA & 11-7 conf) and that needs to happen at our weakest spots not fine tuning our strongest spots.

All of this assumes Hall and Klines do not go pro and pull their names out of the NBA draft.

GrizgradCatFan

Post by GrizgradCatFan » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:18 pm

WHAT back up did you say Klines put his name in the draft ? If he was only a 6" taller and could shoot free throws or the three ball. They will both be back. Klines is easily replaceable though if he goes over seas but not the NBA

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:21 pm

Up Date:

Amel Kuljuhovic (mentioned above) from Lake Land JC (17-14) will be visiting Montana State this week end. Amel started 23 of 24 games and averaged 14 points, 7.7 rebounds, 1.5 blocks in only 17.6 minutes a game. He shot 52.8% from the field 36.2% from three point range and 74.3% from the line. He is currently on a official visit to Cal St Fullerton today and tomorrow and is being recruited for CSF by former Bobcat Danny Sprinkle. Amel is reported to have offers from Indiana State, North Dakota, Pacific, Montana State, Cal State Fullerton and at least 8 other schools. Montana State was the second school to offer him but has been quite the hot property since March. I am not sure who else beside MSU and CSF he has visits planned with.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:23 pm

GrizgradCatFan wrote:WHAT back up did you say Klines put his name in the draft ? If he was only a 6" taller and could shoot free throws or the three ball. They will both be back. Klines is easily replaceable though if he goes over seas but not the NBA
It was reported yesterday that his name was on the Players who will test the NBA waters with-out an agent.

rosco_cat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by rosco_cat » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:26 pm

mslacat wrote:So two weeks into the spring recruiting period and about 3 weeks to go. WE have had 2 signings one I like a lot and another I am in a wait and see mode on, but none of them really feels like a move that could boost us next year to improve on our 13-19 (6-12) record this year. Ricketts will probably be a little upgrade Mvuezolo. We are hoping Ricketts will be a more consistent 3 point shooter Mvuezolo, but will loose some athleticism. In Daniels we hope to improved backup point guard spot. Daniels is a solid point guard, but can he pick up his scoring to be a enough to keep defenses honest. Both of these recruits are the type of moves teams make when they are trying to get over the hump from contender to league champs, the Bobcats need a lot more! I am really hoping the jewel(s) of our recruiting class are still to come. Those jewels need to be real/true big men who Fish has confindence enough in that they can contribute a solid 20+ minutes, score, rebound and defend. There are still a few players out their who we have been recruiting who are still available, that might fit the bill. Those being JC's 6-10 Amel Kuijuhovic, 6-10 Anand Hundal (who was in for a visit last week), and 6-8 Dedoch Chan (who I have heard will or has been in for a visit). The problem is while most of these guys we were one of the first schools to offer them, more and more schools are jumping on board including schools considered to be in higher conferences. MSU needs another infusion of talent to even get us to where we were in 2017-18 (16-16OA & 11-7 conf) and that needs to happen at our weakest spots not fine tuning our strongest spots.

All of this assumes Hall and Klines do not go pro and pull their names out of the NBA draft.
As far as Ricketts, any ideas as to where he will be in the rotation?

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:40 pm

rosco_cat wrote:
mslacat wrote:So two weeks into the spring recruiting period and about 3 weeks to go. WE have had 2 signings one I like a lot and another I am in a wait and see mode on, but none of them really feels like a move that could boost us next year to improve on our 13-19 (6-12) record this year. Ricketts will probably be a little upgrade Mvuezolo. We are hoping Ricketts will be a more consistent 3 point shooter Mvuezolo, but will loose some athleticism. In Daniels we hope to improved backup point guard spot. Daniels is a solid point guard, but can he pick up his scoring to be a enough to keep defenses honest. Both of these recruits are the type of moves teams make when they are trying to get over the hump from contender to league champs, the Bobcats need a lot more! I am really hoping the jewel(s) of our recruiting class are still to come. Those jewels need to be real/true big men who Fish has confindence enough in that they can contribute a solid 20+ minutes, score, rebound and defend. There are still a few players out their who we have been recruiting who are still available, that might fit the bill. Those being JC's 6-10 Amel Kuijuhovic, 6-10 Anand Hundal (who was in for a visit last week), and 6-8 Dedoch Chan (who I have heard will or has been in for a visit). The problem is while most of these guys we were one of the first schools to offer them, more and more schools are jumping on board including schools considered to be in higher conferences. MSU needs another infusion of talent to even get us to where we were in 2017-18 (16-16OA & 11-7 conf) and that needs to happen at our weakest spots not fine tuning our strongest spots.

As far as Ricketts, any ideas as to where he will be in the rotation?
Assuming Tyler Hall is back, I would guess he could be first man off the bench at the 2 and 3 position. That said he could push Klines for a starting spot along side Hall, but I think Fish likes the Idea of having his defensive stopper (Klines) in the starting line up. What fish has said over and over he wants more dead eye three point shooter that he can bring off the bench when Hall or Frey sit on the bench. He felt when one of them went out of the game defenses could focus solely on the other one. He wants to have at least 2 three point shooters on the court at the same time and Ricketts was specifically recruited to be that guy. One of the reasons Fish also signed Daniels was that he also has deep three point range, when he shoots. The wild card in this is incoming Freshman 6-5 Jared Martin. Martin has deep range and as a junior in Arizona was labeled by a couple scouting services as the best shooter in Arizona. He could challenge Ricketts for playing time if he comes in ready to play.

phantom
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by phantom » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:46 am

Seemingly small moves in the spring can pay big dividends. Coaches go for pure talent and potential in the fall and fill needs of the team in the spring. As I've pointed out repeatedly, while it would be nice to have a productive big man, to simply sign a 6'10 kid if he can't help you just to look good in layup line does you no good. The numbers show that shooting hurt Montana State a lot more last year than size did, but that doesn't fit the narrative. The Bobcats signed length in the fall. At this time of the year, big kids tend to get recruited above the level they'll be good players at. It unfortunate for the kids honestly.
Ricketts is a big signing. His ability to shoot the basketball will open things up for Frey, for Tyler and for Keljin as it will keep the defenses from being able to be heavy in gap help. An upgrade at the backup point guard position could allow the Bobcats to play Frey some at the 2 when resting Hall.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:16 am

phantom wrote:Seemingly small moves in the spring can pay big dividends. Coaches go for pure talent and potential in the fall and fill needs of the team in the spring. As I've pointed out repeatedly, while it would be nice to have a productive big man, to simply sign a 6'10 kid if he can't help you just to look good in layup line does you no good. The numbers show that shooting hurt Montana State a lot more last year than size did, but that doesn't fit the narrative. The Bobcats signed length in the fall. At this time of the year, big kids tend to get recruited above the level they'll be good players at. It unfortunate for the kids honestly.
Ricketts is a big signing. His ability to shoot the basketball will open things up for Frey, for Tyler and for Keljin as it will keep the defenses from being able to be heavy in gap help. An upgrade at the backup point guard position could allow the Bobcats to play Frey some at the 2 when resting Hall.
Thanks for the input. I agree with you on signing a 6-10ish guy for the sake of signing a a 6-10 guy. I have said this before, I would prefer MSU to sign one or two 6-7 to 6-8ish guys who are a little bit more athletic than tall. I think quicker and athletic players will fit better with what Fish is trying to do. The problem with the 6-10 guys that we can sign tend to be a little slower and less athletic. The 6-10 guys who are athletic and quick the Pac-12 are be all over them. While we had trouble shooting last season, I think our biggest problem was lack of an interior presence on defense and offence. That in itself allowed teams to over-defend our perimeter players. We need force team to defend us in the paint. Additionally other teams with good to decent big men could score almost at will on us in the paint. MSU has been working on improving our perimeter game each recruiting cycle for the past 2-3 years, I just think it is time to pay a little (or a lot) attention to the inside game.

Mcat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Mcat » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:20 pm

Ricketts averaged 13.5 points per game when you take out the game he was sick and didn't suit up for. He was in the book by mistake so had zeros across the board. Even with that he ended up 23rd in D1 NJCAA nationally in 3 pointers per game, 27th in total 3 pts., and 5th in 3 pts. made per 40 minutes. He also led the nation much of the season in FT% ending up at 92.6%. What I am told, he did all this with the opponent's in a tough region lX keying their D to stop him and most of his shot's being contested. Shot 43% from 3 and 44.5% overall. If the cat's could get an inside presence, they would be very, very tough to deal with!

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:35 pm

I have been meaning to do this for a while but I have been to lazy. An Update on the incoming Bobcat men's basketball players.

It was an interesting year/season for watching Bobcat fall basketball recruits. Two of our three fall recruits played on very Talented Prep school teams that plated a national schedule. Both Prep schools were ranked in the USA top 25 teams at the end of the season. All three recruits suffered minor injuries that kept them out of multiple games this season.

Jared Martin
Team/Season: Jared is a 6-5 guard who was originally from Arizona he played for Prolific Prep high school team out of Napa Valley California. Martin started at shooting guard on a team that was comprised of almost all D-1 prospects. Six of the seven senior players have signed or committed to D-1 programs as I write this ranging from Big Sky to Pac-12 conference programs.. The 7th senior is getting some D-1 interest but I am told will most likely have to go the Junior collage Ranks. One of their junior and one of their sophomore already have Pac-12 caliber offers on the table and the remaining look very good to get offers of their own this summer. Martin played the first 1/2 of the season for Prolific but I was told he suffered some-type of injury and sat out some games at the beginning of the New Year. He never returned to play in a Prolific Prep game after that and his name, roster spot and stats were removed from Prolific's web site in February. For the season he was averaging (from Memory) 6 points and 4 assists a game, but on Prolifics December trip to PLay a Arizona Prep school he went off for 32 points in front of his home crowd (by the way they won handily). Martin started at the shooting guard spot but played at the point guard and small forward quite a bit.

Player: Jared primary reputation is as a shooter but he also uses his shot to set up his drives. During his junior year he Arizona Prep awarded him the best shooter in Arizona regardless of class. Of our 3 Fall recruits he was the most highly rated. He played point guard for most of his career but mid way through his junior year he was moved to shooting guard where he played last season. For a big shooting guard he has great ball skills. He also has a pretty muscled frame that allows him to post up bigger guard and small forwards. This is all based on his Junior year, there are no videos or scouting reports available for Martin since then so it will be a little bit of a mystery to see how he has developed since then. Fish likes shooters. Fish likes smart basketball players (Martin comes from a basketball family). Martin can also play all three back court spots. I think if he has been putting the work in the past 12 months and continues to do so over the summer he could be one of those layers that just fits what fish wants to do right out of the shoot and play early.

I will post later about Zeke Quinland and Quinten Guliford.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:24 pm

Continueing......

Zeke Quinlan
Team/Season: Zeke played for Hillcrest Prep Post Grad team this year after finishing up his high school senior year for a small school in Oregon. In Oregon the 6-7 Quinlan played center his senior year and had a couple D-1 offers (Idaho State being one), but he wanted to play on the perimeter in college and decided to take a post grad year at Hillcrest Prep school in Arizona. Hillcrest has two major Basketball teams. The Hillcrest high school team and the Hillcrest Post Grad Team. Quinlan played on the Post Grad team, but the High school team is the better of the two with future ACC and Pac-12 players on the roster. The High school team was ranked in the top 10 nationally in the USA. The high school and post grad team played officially twice and as one would expect the high school team won both the in both cases the margin, though, was under 10 points and the high school team had to work for it. In October and November the Post grad team played 3-4 games against local JC's and won all of them. Hillcrest does not post a lot of info on their post grad team so comprehensive stats or rosters are hard to come by. A number of if not most of the Post grad team have or will sign with D-1 teams including a couple with Big Sky, EWU and NAU as well as Denver, St Louis and Nevada that I know of. I have seen only 6 stories or Box score on the net on the post grad team and from what I saw Qunland was a model of consistency scoring between 17-19 points and reaching double digits in rebounds in all.

PLayer: As I mentioned before Zeke played inside and was a dominating as a high school player (21pts. 11 rbs 4 blk as a Sr.), at Hillcrest he played the wing (small forward) and Power forward. He earned the reputation as the teams go to guy when they needed a 3 pointer. In a game against an Arizona JC team he hit a last second 3 point shot from 2-3 beyond the 3 point arc (also had 17 pts and11 rbs). Zeke has a big strong college ready body, but is very mobile and plays above the rim. He was a known as a good three point shooter last summer but many felt he lacked constency. He has really improved that over the the last 6 months. He wants to play the small forward spot in college, but I really see him playing the 4 spot for Fish very similar to how Fish played Blevins this year as a stretch forward who can pull defenses out of the paint or post-up in the paint. Below are some evals and video from late summer and fall of this past year.
Anthony Ray of Arizona Preps July 2017
Zeke Quinlan SF 6’6 1/2” 208 Hillcrest Prep

-Quinlan is a strong driver and has toughness with a high motor. He has a college ready body and he can pull-up off the dribble plus shoot the 3pt shot off the catch. He may need to improve his shooting consistency from deep but hit some in each game. He also just got back from a broken wrist, so he will only get better. He is an outstanding rebounder using his body and he is a plus athlete. He was a 2017 player and he is re-classing and attending Hillcrest. The family is from Oregon and he attended Life Christian HS-OR last year.

Anthony Ray of Arizona Preps Nov. 2017
The post-graduate team had a strong performance on the evening, and were led by the strong play of 6-foot-3 prep guard Demarius Jacobs and recent Montana State commit, 6-foot-7 prep forward Zeke Quinlan. Jacobs is a big-time athletic talent that makes plays with or without the basketball on the floor, and plays well above the rim in the open floor. Jacobs is a highly sought after recruiting target currently, and will receive loads of recruiting interest this prep season. Quinlan, while already committed to the Montana State program, will also have a strong season, and is a steal for the Big Sky Conference. Both prospects will lead a talented group of post-graduates this season.

Anthony Ray of Arizona Preps Aug. 2017
Zeke Quinlan 6-6 SR SF Hillcrest Prep

One of the top overall sleeper prospects in this year's event. A skilled wing prospect with good size and length. Has a good overall skill level. Has a nice, athletic frame. A solid shooter with range that needs to add and consistency from longer ranges to maximize his play on the floor. A good mid-range player. Has solid low-post skills. A strong and active rebounder. A very good finisher. Runs the floor well. A native of Oregon, where he played his high school basketball, Quinlan is a sure-fire prospect that should gain a lot of attention from mid-major programs this high school season

Anthony Ray of Arizona Preps Dec. 2017
Hillcrest though would storm right back after consecutive transition baskets from 6-foot-7 prep forward Zeke Quinlan (Montana State signee) and Ron Artest Jr., making the score 56-40 in Hillcrest's favor. <cut>

<cut>Hillcrest Prep prep forward Zeke Quinlan is an absolute steal for Montana State University - signing with the school this fall. Quinlan would throw down a monster, one-handed dunk after being fouled on the play over a defender. Quinlan's dunk would be the momentum the Hillcrest team would need to close out the home victory, as they would eventually win the game, 92-82.

Final Note: Something to keep an eye on Zeke little brother Bo just finished up his senior year in Oregon. He transferred this year to play for Metro League Power Southridge high school in Beaverton. He is a 6-4ish (I have seen him listed any where from 6-3 to 6-5) combo guard, with deep range and a quick release. His 6-10 teammate is signed with Portland St.. His back court running mate is also looking getting college looks. He currently has a few d-2 offered as well as Air Force and has a few other D-1 looking at him. I have heard that he may go the Post Grad route also. As much as Fish likes 3 point shooters he might be a guy to keep an eye on if he goes the prep school or JC route.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:58 pm

...and finishing up.

Quentin Guliford
Team/Season: Guliford is the one signee that actually played for a regular neighborhood high school team. He played Liberty high school in AZ. As a junior he averaged 8.4 points, 4.6 rebounds 2 assists and 2 steals a game. Liberty was counting on Guliford to up those numbers considerably his senior season, especially in the first half of the season while waiting for the star point guard to become eligibile in late December. Quentin started out of the gate doing just that with his best game of the season with a 43 point, 8 rebounds 5 assists and 9 steals. Over the next 3 games he had games of 25, 32, and 28 points and then he sprained his ankle. He continued to play and after 9 games he was averaging 22.4 points, 8.5 rebounds, 2.6 steals 8.1 assists a game. About that time the coach sat Guliford for a couple games when point guard Ursery became eligible, but the ankle injury haunted him all season (sound familiar). He played in 18 of Liberty's 27 games. Their point guard, Uresey, took some of the scoring burden off of Guliford when he became eligible and by the end of the season Guliford's stats were 17.2 points, 5 rebounds 4 steals 4 assits and 2 block a game while shooting 49% from the field, 34% from 3 point range and 81% from the line. Liberty made a run in the play-offs but were knock-out in the semi finals.

When it was announced that Fish and his staff signed Guliford the Bobcat faithful where not disappointed but we were not disappointed but they were predicting an all conference type player either. They weren't, but Fish and his coaches were. I talked to two sources who heard the coaches thought he was the most important signing of the fall. Fish has a pretty good eye for talented guards and that is what he saw in Guliford. Guliford has high major athleticism, plays above the rim and has an amazing 7 foot wing span on his 6-5 frame. He is a team first player with a high basketball IQ. He also is pretty smart with some ivy league schools looking at him. His father is a high school principle, assistant coach and his mother is also a teacher. What I also think attracted Fish was his defensive ability. For the past couple of years he has always guarded the other teams best player. With his quickness, length, and athleticism it did not matter he could guard all 5 positions on the court. Early in the season he was playing point guard on offence and playing down low on defense much of the time. Prephoop Arizona did a survey of high school players thought were the best defensive players in the state and the 4A and 5A players picked Guliford with one player saying he can shut down anyone in the state. In PrepHoops Arizona ranked Guiliford as the 41st best senior prospect in the state preseason but in their final rankings out last month they moved him up to the #6 spot. That's ahead of 3 Mountain West recruits. and two Big Sky recruits (the only big sky recruits from AZ). They also labeled him the "Top Stock Riser" in Arizona this year. I have a quote below. As I said before I truely beleive Fish has a great eye for hidden guard talent, so do not always judge a guard recruit by his stat line only. We have signed a lot of guard/wing prospects this year. We need some depth to replace graduation. Guliford has the chance to play significant time next year if he comes in and is ready to work. The only thing Fish likes more than 3 point shooter are defensive players. Guliford's strengths defense and versatility could really aid him in earning time next season.
PrepHoops Arizona April 4 2018
Quentin Guliford 6’5 SF Liberty (Montana State)
I saw the potential in Guliford and had a feeling that he would improve greatly with a season of high level club basketball under his belt. However, the amount of improvement was astronomical. The hard working young man figured out how to utilize his length and skill set at a much more efficient level

In addition to improving greatly, his ceiling is through the roof. He is long, athletic, and skilled. Montana State got a steal in Guliford as the best has yet to come.
Final Note: A couple things to keep an eye on.
#1 Guliford's teammate 6-1 PG Josh Ursey is only a junior and will be a top d-1 recruit next year. He averaged 20 points 3 assists 5 rebounds this past season and is ranked as the 16th in the junior class but expect him to rise by the end of the summer.

#2 Quentin's brother Miles is a 6-4ish freshman who started on the JV team and was their leading scorer. Also a darn good athlete should be interesting to see how he develops.

BTW Phantom: if you have any comments and/or correction I would love to hear them on any of the three players.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:23 pm

Amel Kuljuhovic (6-10 JC Center), who was in for an offical visit this past week end committed/signed with Cal St Fukertin (Danny Sprinkle was his recruiter) today. He was very high if not top on Fish's recruiting list.‏

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Tue May 01, 2018 5:54 pm

There are only two Bigs still on the table that I have it on good authority we are/where recruiting. Even a couple players I thought might be back up plans have signed recently. One of them may have grade problems(have to go D-2 or NAIA). Of course, their maybe players I have not heard of and I do not know what the coaches are doing with their oversees recruiting, but my fingers are crossed.

There has to be a JC big or two out their who is averaging 4 points and 3 rebounds a game (Sorry, I had to beat BelgradeCat to that)

GrizgradCatFan

Post by GrizgradCatFan » Wed May 02, 2018 6:01 am

Which two bigs are you referring about that are left?

msu_agfan
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by msu_agfan » Wed May 02, 2018 7:30 am

mslacat wrote:There are only two Bigs still on the table that I have it on good authority we are/where recruiting. Even a couple players I thought might be back up plans have signed recently. One of them may have grade problems(have to go D-2 or NAIA). Of course, their maybe players I have not heard of and I do not know what the coaches are doing with their oversees recruiting, but my fingers are crossed.

There has to be a JC big or two out their who is averaging 4 points and 3 rebounds a game (Sorry, I had to beat BelgradeCat to that)
Now, that's a good one. And, unfortunately a little sad and true too. lol

Animal Science/ Ag Business '96