First MBB of 2017-18 in Great Falls

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

First MBB of 2017-18 in Great Falls

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:45 pm

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/story/ ... 100198984/

Nice idea. Should be fun. Playing Omaha-which is a darn good program.

msu_agfan
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Re: First MBB of 2017-18 in Great Falls

Post by msu_agfan » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:46 am

Sounds great, this will be our third game against Omaha in as many years. We've been right in both of the previous ones. It is also a closer drive for us, so we will probably be able to make it.

Animal Science/ Ag Business '96

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by imacat » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:13 am

I like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by GoCats18 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:12 pm

I think this is one of the best things that the program could have done. I think this will give a lot of people that aren't normally able to make it down to Bozeman for games the chance to watch the Cats play and will hopefully get more people excited about the basketball program. The only downfall will be that the Four Seasons is joke. They should have gone out years ago and either raised money or just done it through taxes and built a whole new arena. They could have brought some big name concerts, shows and sporting events like this and others in. It makes sense being so centrally located in the state.

Punters are people too!!

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:45 pm

GoCats18 wrote:I think this is one of the best things that the program could have done. I think this will give a lot of people that aren't normally able to make it down to Bozeman for games the chance to watch the Cats play and will hopefully get more people excited about the basketball program. The only downfall will be that the Four Seasons is joke. They should have gone out years ago and either raised money or just done it through taxes and built a whole new arena. They could have brought some big name concerts, shows and sporting events like this and others in. It makes sense being so centrally located in the state.
At the very least, the Four Seasons Arena needs to replace those east side bleachers ASAP, right? There's no way in hell the voters of Great Falls would want anything to do with voting to raise taxes to build a brand new arena.

It'll be fine to play one game, Omaha is probably happy to play on a neutral court as travel isn't really any more difficult for them to Great Falls than to Bozeman, and this will give a lot of fans who only travel to Bozeman for football a chance to see a basketball game played by what will hopefully be a contending team next year. Who knows, after this maybe fans will start considering taking trips to Bozeman in February and March as well as in September and October.