Spring Basketball recruiting

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Re: Spring Basketball recruiting

Post by Helcat72 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:44 am

Talked to Fish Thursday. He said all scholarships are filled and he said Schultz is pretty mobile and has good footwork....he said "give me a month with him and I'll be able to tell you if he will make a difference next year"!

2024 Resume dominance

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Spring Basketball recruiting

Post by mslacat » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:25 am

I just decided to check up on Bobcat 2017 PG recruit Jaizec Lottie and see where he landed (my guess was Denver or N. Colorado)as it turns out he has not signed yet at any level. Bobcats recruited him last fall. He visited last fall and the coaches were pretty high on him, but he decided to wait to the fall and see if any other higher offers came in. At that time he was rated the best PG in Colorado and top 10 in the west. He had a great stat year 21 pts 5 ast but his stock dropped. After the season ended the Bobcats decided they still wanted a PG with their only scholarship, but they pulled all of their offers and Fish got real picky about what he wanted. There are those who thought based on Fish's desire for a high school PG, Lottie was a lock to sign. His trip in the fall went well he got along with the coaches and the need was their, but Fish wanted a PG who was a dead eye from three, so they passed on Lottie at least until they could look at a few other guard. Eventually Fish decided to cast his lot with Lassi Nikkarinen out of Finland. So learned 2 things from this.

#1 A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush
#2 maybe I am not as sharp as I think I am