Big Sky women's tournament

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

kmax
Site Admin

Re: Big Sky women's tournament

Post by kmax » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:16 pm

SLC_Cat wrote:Not sure if anyone noticed this but, the Big Sky is also streaming the games LIVE via YouTube. Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/BigSkyConf/videos

This means you can enjoy the games through Chromecast, roku, Amazon Fire, Apple TV... basically anything that has a YouTube app on it

Looks great through my PS4. I just searched for Big Sky Conference in the app and found the live games.

Enjoy!
This is great! Finally. Hope this is a trial and they move forward with this for all streaming. So much easier to get the content on to a TV.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

SLC_Cat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by SLC_Cat » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:16 pm

Here is the direct link to Big Sky's upcoming Live Streams - https://www.youtube.com/user/BigSkyConf ... &flow=grid

Montana State University, 2007 BA
Northeastern University, 2009 MA

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:32 pm

Lai’s late shot lifts Bobcats into Big Sky championship
http://skylinesportsmt.com/lais-late-sh ... mpionship/

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:22 pm

Bring on the Bengals. You couldn't write a better script. ISU upsets us last season, now we get a shot at redemption and a spot in the NCAA tourney. I like our team in this situation.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:43 pm

Montana State will play its old nemesis Idaho State in tomorrow afternoon's championship

Idaho State beats PSU, advances to face Bobcats in final
http://skylinesportsmt.com/idaho-state- ... -in-final/

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:51 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:Bring on the Bengals. You couldn't write a better script. ISU upsets us last season, now we get a shot at redemption and a spot in the NCAA tourney. I like our team in this situation.
Think so? The Lady Cats seem pretty banged up right now. Think they can take the physicality of ISU in the state they're in? Riley and Peyton seem to be favoring one leg or another and Hannah still seems pretty sick...

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:32 pm

Bobcats win Big Sky tournament, punch NCAA tourney ticket
http://skylinesportsmt.com/bobcats-win- ... ey-ticket/

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:40 pm

blueandgoldblitz wrote:
BelgradeBobcat wrote:Bring on the Bengals. You couldn't write a better script. ISU upsets us last season, now we get a shot at redemption and a spot in the NCAA tourney. I like our team in this situation.
Think so? The Lady Cats seem pretty banged up right now. Think they can take the physicality of ISU in the state they're in? Riley and Peyton seem to be favoring one leg or another and Hannah still seems pretty sick...
Yeah I think we'll be alright. :wink:

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:58 am

Congratulations to the MSU women. I've been pretty critical of Binford over the years, but they put together a very impressive run in Reno. An MSU team is finally playing in the NCAA tourney, for the first time in 21 years. I don't necessarily feel like they played their best in any of those games, but they gutted out three tough wins, and they definitely deserved the title. They'll be matched up against a very high seed, so actually getting a win may be too much to ask, but I hope they at least play a good game and give their opponent a run for their money, whoever they end up playing in the 1st round.

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:25 pm

John K wrote:Congratulations to the MSU women. I've been pretty critical of Binford over the years, but they put together a very impressive run in Reno. An MSU team is finally playing in the NCAA tourney, for the first time in 21 years. I don't necessarily feel like they played their best in any of those games, but they gutted out three tough wins, and they definitely deserved the title. They'll be matched up against a very high seed, so actually getting a win may be too much to ask, but I hope they at least play a good game and give their opponent a run for their money, whoever they end up playing in the 1st round.
To me one thing that stands out about this year is even when we lost, we were never blown out. Our worst loss of the year was the first game (without Riley) to Utah by 10 points. To be in every other game until the end is pretty significant. Everyone messes up and loses by 15-20 but they never did. They lost by 10, 8, 8, 8, 8 and I think 4. Based on that I, like you, hope they can play a respectable game.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:12 pm

Montana State women's basketball press conference after Big Sky tournament championship game
http://skylinesportsmt.com/montana-stat ... onference/