MBB vs Sac St.

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Re: MBB vs Sac St.

Post by RickRund » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:18 pm

Question regarding the final shot. Was it in 3pt territory and do you think he was fouled? That could have been interesting but Sac does not shoot FTs well and that would have been a ton of pressure...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

sacstateman
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by sacstateman » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:38 pm

I don't think he was fouled on that shot...I was kinda disappointed that the game was basically won at the foul line...Hornsby was called for a couple early cheapies that probably cost us the game....good game and hope to meet you again in the tourney...it is very hard to beat a team 3 times in a single season...

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:55 pm

sacstateman wrote:good game and hope to meet you again in the tourney...it is very hard to beat a team 3 times in a single season...
I'd rather not. I think Sac is a dark horse to win the tournament. Small players get tired, but big players don't get smaller.

bobcatfan4life
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by bobcatfan4life » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:20 am

This was a fun game, again a nailbiter, but these guys are playing so hard and fighting in every single game! Another win in the books! Two people mentioned how well we are playing as a TEAM right now. That is the key, it isn't one player doing it all, it is a TEAM playing together and trusting each other which is a great sign of where this program is headed. I love how they play together, they have shown a lot of toughness to pull out these close games. It is great to see the improvement of the young guys and others as well. It is too bad about Mandrell because he did seem to be coming along.

This was a great TEAM win. Everyone contributed, Benson struggled a little but did give some good minutes. DK really seems to be improving every game. To think before his injury he had offers to some other schools, and we are the team the stuck with him in the recruiting process. He has to get stronger, but made some great plays offensively. He will improve on the defensive end. With both him and Benson, we may not be too bad down low. Joe didn't score, i so wanted to see the ball go through the hoop for him. He was definitely out of place on some of the offensive set, but he is still working his way back i think. He will get there if we can get him going in addition to others we could be really tough in the tournament, and he did have 6 rebounds. Tyler did a lot scored 20 points but also had some great assists as well. I really enjoy watching Devonte play, he is quick, plays hard on defense and now his offensive game is coming along which is great to see, he only had 5 points in this game but he is a tough kid. Frey didn't have his best game but he did get his teammates involved as Sac seemed to key in on him, but he got others involved. Green showed some good moments as well. he still seems to be a little slow maybe recovering from the flu still, but he played hard today and made some great contributions. Sam Neumann going up against those big boys from Sac State really was player of the game. He had a double double and just keeps fighting even when he does go against these big guys.