Anybody know where Sarp is?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

oedipuss
BobcatNation Letterman

Anybody know where Sarp is?

Post by oedipuss » Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:10 pm

At the So. Dakota game and noticed he's not on the bench.

kmax
Site Admin

Re: Anybody know where Sarp is?

Post by kmax » Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:41 pm

Suspended indefinitely. http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/bl ... 94122.html

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:04 pm

Right time of the year for an academic issue. MSU falls today to South Dakota, the losing streak stands at 5. Paging BelgradeBobcat for a signature rant!

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:18 pm

Joe Mvzesolo (sp) also out with unspecified medical issues. No one is helping Tyler Hall with offense. He had 32. Got beat 80 to 68 after leading by 4 at half. A lot of driving to the basket and missing difficult shots, blowing layups. Looked a lot like they did at South Dakota in the 2nd half.....looked like they were exhausted. Played hard in first half without a lot of offense, but got worn down in second half. Hall even looked tired at the end...not even taking shots.

If Sarp was suspended this week for detrimental behavior, I would guess that his problems had started much earlier this year, because he has looked to be very much worse than last year.

The rest of the team was throwing up bricks for most of the game with a few spurts when they got the offense going. I hope Joe gets back, because the team as they are now looks short handed, and can't find the offense they had earlier.

2024 Resume dominance

Common Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Common Cat » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:30 pm

I'm getting tired of this type of basketball. Fish has proven nothing, yet so many of you continue to argue he's such a good coach. The only consistent things are our inconsistencies.

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:35 pm

Cats had a 10 point lead about midway thru the 2nd, then South Dakota went on a 20-0 run. Twenty!!!

Common Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Common Cat » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:46 pm

Hall goes for over 30 again .... still no dice. Do the players just expect him to win it for them ?

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:27 pm

MSU01 wrote:Paging BelgradeBobcat for a signature rant!
I'll try not to disappoint:
Fish said on his post game show that if they (the players) don't figure it out we're going to struggle for a long time. Gee that's encouraging. During that 20-0 run Tyler Hall didn't even look at a shot. Tyler needs to figure out that a bad shot by him is better than any shot from any of his teammates-who simply can't be counted on. Last season we had Marcus Colbert and Tyler to go and get a basket when we needed one. This year we just have Tyler-and he has three guys on him because nobody else on our team can do anything-not even get back and play defense-as we let USD have layup practice. We would have been better off having Tyler go 1 on 5 and have the others stay back on defense so they could be in position.

Fish's act as worn out with this team I'm afraid. Even if he does have something to say they're not listening because he's carrying on like an orangutan on the sidelines.

The only silver lining is we're in the Big Sky Conference-which is loaded with bad teams-so there's hope that few times our opponents will show up and play even worse than the Bobcats.

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:54 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
MSU01 wrote:Paging BelgradeBobcat for a signature rant!
I'll try not to disappoint:
Fish said on his post game show that if they (the players) don't figure it out we're going to struggle for a long time. Gee that's encouraging. During that 20-0 run Tyler Hall didn't even look at a shot. Tyler needs to figure out that a bad shot by him is better than any shot from any of his teammates-who simply can't be counted on. Last season we had Marcus Colbert and Tyler to go and get a basket when we needed one. This year we just have Tyler-and he has three guys on him because nobody else on our team can do anything-not even get back and play defense-as we let USD have layup practice. We would have been better off having Tyler go 1 on 5 and have the others stay back on defense so they could be in position.

Fish's act as worn out with this team I'm afraid. Even if he does have something to say they're not listening because he's carrying on like an orangutan on the sidelines.

The only silver lining is we're in the Big Sky Conference-which is loaded with bad teams-so there's hope that few times our opponents will show up and play even worse than the Bobcats.
Thank goodness too. The Big Sky is just atrocious so we may end up .500 in conference or somewhere in that ballpark

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:23 pm

On Joe and Sarp.

“Joe is a medical condition, very little I can say about that but the one thing I can say is it’s as tough a thing as I’ve faced in 27 years,” Fish said. “Sarp has some things he has some things he has to handle to get back on the team. That’s in his ballpark to do it.”

bobcatfan4life
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by bobcatfan4life » Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:42 pm

There are things this team needs to figure out because we have the athletic ability to play with any team, but turnovers and lack of scoring killed us.
Fish's act what exactly do you mean by that. What would you want him to do?? I get he yells but I do also see coaching but at the same time when the players are struggling on defense and the only one that can score it Tyler that is an issue. Tyler seemed to get frustrated in this game made some bad passes and plays trying to force the issue to get other guys involved. The difficult thing is he is only a sophomore and he has a lot on his shoulders at this point.

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:31 pm

We don't have an inside game, haven't had one since Durham left. Until we find a center, we're going to be a boom/bust team. Ya gotta be able to move the ball, penetrate and score inside to win the tough games. A big center improves the defense immensely as well.

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Post by SACCAT » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:28 am

LongTimeCatFan wrote:We don't have an inside game, haven't had one since Durham left. Until we find a center, we're going to be a boom/bust team. Ya gotta be able to move the ball, penetrate and score inside to win the tough games. A big center improves the defense immensely as well.
Our inside game is playing at Oregon right now.

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:03 am

SACCAT wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:We don't have an inside game, haven't had one since Durham left. Until we find a center, we're going to be a boom/bust team. Ya gotta be able to move the ball, penetrate and score inside to win the tough games. A big center improves the defense immensely as well.
Averaging under 4 pts and 4 boards.

bobcatfan4life
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by bobcatfan4life » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:49 am

LTown Cat wrote:
SACCAT wrote:
Averaging under 4 pts and 4 boards.
It is crazy to thing we could have Kavell, and you better believe he would be getting the playing time here that he isn't getting at Oregon. He made the choice, I guess in his eyes playing for a big name school like Oregon was worth basically riding the bench for a year behind the guy they have in Boucher. He made the choice and now we are where we are. I believe the Kirby could be really good when he gets some muscle on that body and Osayande also could improve.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:57 pm

It's super frustrating that the Frontier teams we play early in the season have the better big men. We seem to want to get guys from Junior College with all their bad habits and hope for the best. So far Fish has been a tremendous failure going this route. It hasn't all been his fault-he's had to fill holes quickly due to things out of his control. Quinn Price would be a junior this season and presumably have been much improved, but he had to retire due to injury. And Devon Kirby is a true freshman that is starting to show a glimpse of improvement, and might end up being a nice player if he avoids injury and Fish sticks with him and he sticks with Fish. But so far, Fish's most effective center has been Blake Brumwell-a very lightly recruited Huse recruit from Big Sandy, Montana. Personally, I think we'd be better off bringing in a big in state big kid, red shirting him, and then growing him into the position. But maybe all the big kids want to play football these days?

The only Big Sky teams lately that have been able to bring in credible big men have been Weber State and Montana. The rest just try to convert an athletic small forward, park him down low, and hope for the best-like we do with Zach Green and Sam Nuemann. I bet neither of those guys expected to be playing in the paint at a D-1 school.

BDizzle
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by BDizzle » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:51 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
It's super frustrating that the Frontier teams we play early in the season have the better big men. We seem to want to get guys from Junior College with all their bad habits and hope for the best. So far Fish has been a tremendous failure going this route. It hasn't all been his fault-he's had to fill holes quickly due to things out of his control. Quinn Price would be a junior this season and presumably have been much improved, but he had to retire due to injury. And Devon Kirby is a true freshman that is starting to show a glimpse of improvement, and might end up being a nice player if he avoids injury and Fish sticks with him and he sticks with Fish. But so far, Fish's most effective center has been Blake Brumwell-a very lightly recruited Huse recruit from Big Sandy, Montana. Personally, I think we'd be better off bringing in a big in state big kid, red shirting him, and then growing him into the position. But maybe all the big kids want to play football these days?

The only Big Sky teams lately that have been able to bring in credible big men have been Weber State and Montana. The rest just try to convert an athletic small forward, park him down low, and hope for the best-like we do with Zach Green and Sam Nuemann. I bet neither of those guys expected to be playing in the paint at a D-1 school.
Griz are even struggling finding a quality big man. If they had one this year, the team would be legit. But now they are strictly guard oriented. Might win the Big Sky but definitely won't do anything in the dance.

GO GRIZ!

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Post by SACCAT » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:15 pm

BDizzle wrote:
BelgradeBobcat wrote:

Griz are even struggling finding a quality big man. If they had one this year, the team would be legit. But now they are strictly guard oriented. Might win the Big Sky but definitely won't do anything in the dance.
Hate to say this...But EWU will win the conference IMHO. They have been playing really well. Cats can make noise in the Big Sky tourney if they let Hall go nuts, and run the game.

bobcatfan4life
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by bobcatfan4life » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:34 pm

It does seem that this conference is very guard oriented. We have a lot of really good guards, but not so sure about the bigs in the Big Sky. I say we can really compete with anyone in conference, and i really believe that. We have some fixes to make for sure. We do need to work on defense and others need to step up ont he offensive end. It is to bad about Joe Mvuezolo and can only hope that he is able to come back because he seemed to start coming along. Klines is doing fairly well on defense, but does struggle offensively. Our depth has taken just a little bit of a hit with Joe and with Sarp being indefinitely suspended. But we will see what happens.

We can truly compete with any team in the conference.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:54 pm

https://twitter.com/pgabriel15/status/818885759830671360

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."