Montana State men let one slip away against NAU

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Montana State men let one slip away against NAU

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:04 pm

Bobcats blow 10-point second-half lead in 71-64 loss to Lumberjacks Saturday afternoon in Bozeman.Read the Full Article on BobcatNation

aucat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Montana State men let one slip away against NAU

Post by aucat » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:20 pm

I like the kids on this team but they are simply outmanned by almost every team we play.

Brian Fish is simply going to have to go out and recruit some players. The kids on our team right
now work hard and are good folks but I feel sorry for them when they consistently have to
go up against bigger and stronger players. Wow, when you look at MSU as an outstanding institution,
good facilities, fans, college town, etc. etc. it is so amazing to me to see both of our basketball
teams on the bottom of the Big Sky conference.

Hey, at least we have a new volleyball coach how. Appears to be a good hire.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:12 pm

"...
Last edited by TomCat88 on Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:38 pm

One of the most disappointing things-among many-is that our true freshmen aren't showing much improvement. Green keeps getting nudged into a starting spot, and keeps going quiet. He didn't do too bad against SUU, but he was invisible against NAU. Quinn Price looks lost most of the time, but the thing that's keeping him on the bench is he hasn't figured out how to play hard. Compare how he runs down the court compared to Brumwell. I keep hoping he'll figure something out because he's got length and athletic ability well beyond any of our other inside guys. Frenchwood hasn't done anything since his ankle injury and has lost his minutes to a small forward who has become a better option as the back up point guard. And Fisher hasn't gotten off the pine in weeks and probably should have red shirted (why the heck didn't we red shirt him?) So next season we're going to load up on freshmen again. How's that going to go? Usually, the only good thing about a freshman is that eventually he becomes a sophomore.

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:36 am

Just an observation about Fischer......I would venture to guess he is actually about 6' 6" "basketbally speaking". The only thing that makes him measure 7'0" is that his head appears to measure about 1'6" tall. Not a good combination for a basketball player......short arms and legs....long torso and head. Where did Huse find these guys.....Al Beye turned out to be a decent player but you have to agree he was thin!

2024 Resume dominance