Bobcat coaches aren't ready to panic yet

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Bobcat coaches aren't ready to panic yet

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:43 pm

Both MSU head coaches think wins will come with 13 Big Sky games remaining.Read the Full Article on BobcatNation
Last edited by Colter_Nuanez on Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edit

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Bobcat coaches aren't ready to panic yet

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:56 pm

C'mon Colter. South Dakota Mines is D-2. Don't sell that glorious victory short by calling them NAIA!

As for the coaches not panicking-I think they should panic-especially Binford. What could it hurt. Not panicking sure hasn't worked.

downunder
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by downunder » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:46 pm

It's time for Ausha Cole to be back in the mix somehow. How can she start for 2 seasons and then never get on the floor this year. Does Binford realize we are 1-4 in league? Also, if I was coaching I would play my Montana kids (Ferris, Elliott, Durham, Davis, Dawkins) for 40 minutes vs. the Griz-ok not 40, but Montana kids understand the rivalry and don't like the Griz. At least if you lose like we have been to the Griz you go down fighting with kids that really understand the HATE! my 2 cents

duelalumnicat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by duelalumnicat » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:38 pm

I agree with downunder.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:28 pm

Women drop to 1-5....

Anacomando
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Anacomando » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:00 pm

I remember Binford stating they didn't need another second half season slide coming into the year. Well let's just start the slide early this year! Potera-Haskins and McCarthy got the job done and people bitched they were unethical. Binford just can't win. Huse completely killed the men's program. Binford looks to be done after the year.

aucat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by aucat » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:15 pm

I hate to see musical chairs with coaching changes but sometimes it becomes obvious that you need to try another
brand of whiskey. If the Lady Cats flounder the rest of the way then I'm afraid I don't see any hope with Binford.
I know she is a very popular coach with the alumni and booster groups, but the bottom line is winning.

Brian Fish is just going to have go out and recruit a team. He has a bunch of good kids
but they are outmanned at this point.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:30 pm

aucat wrote:I hate to see musical chairs with coaching changes but sometimes it becomes obvious that you need to try another
brand of whiskey. If the Lady Cats flounder the rest of the way then I'm afraid I don't see any hope with Binford.
I know she is a very popular coach with the alumni and booster groups, but the bottom line is winning.
Athletic directors usually couch it in terms of "taking the program in a different direction". But at MSU first we have to give a raise and a contract extension so that when the inevitable finally happens we get to pay 2 coaches for a season or two. So whoever gets to take over this train wreck of a program-after all the good recruits have gone somewhere else, gets to play UConn and Duke in the first season to help pay the old coach's salary. That's how I think it'll go anyway.