Colbert, Norman lead MSU men past Utah Valley, 68-60

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Colbert, Norman lead MSU men past Utah Valley, 68-60

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:07 am

Bobcats stay solid down the stretch to pick up third win during completed four-game home stand.Read the Full Article on BobcatNation

aucat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Colbert, Norman lead MSU men past Utah Valley, 68-60

Post by aucat » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:18 am

Nice coverage, thanks Colter. I think we are starting to see the results of our new coach. This team flat out hustles and really works
hard. As someone else posted we have serious limitations with our overall talent, but still, it is a very fun team to watch.

With the new arena setup we should have some fun times once we get into the BSC schedule. The band is always fabulous, so we really missed
them tonight since MSU is in finals.

Brian FIsh has a ton of energy and enthusiasm and it carries over to team.

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:27 am

I know UV isn't what they once were but this is a good soon.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

bozbobcat
Member # Retired

Post by bozbobcat » Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:03 am

This was a really good win for the Bobcats. Colbert and Dison are the top two players for sure, but some other guys stepped up tonight. Eric Norman had a solid game and Danny Robison had a good game despite the flu. There was a lot of noise from the two coaches as well; Fish may get a technical or two before the season is over. He's constantly moving and yelling.

My most important takeaway from this game is that the Bobcats are starting to do the little things right. They're playing hard, getting after it on defense and making free throws. Free throws may not get you chicks, but they win games. There's still a long way to go this season but this team will surprise some people.

GO CATS!
It's always a good day to be a Bobcat fan! :) =D^ \:D/
My name is Steve, if you'd like to know.

Common Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Common Cat » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:42 pm

For someone who hasn't seen the team this year, do they seem to be playing better than lasts? Do the players seem to respond to Fish. Some reports I've heard says he yells a lot. Is he yelling because he's excited or is it more negative?

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

msu_agfan
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by msu_agfan » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:37 am

Common Cat wrote:For someone who hasn't seen the team this year, do they seem to be playing better than lasts? Do the players seem to respond to Fish. Some reports I've heard says he yells a lot. Is he yelling because he's excited or is it more negative?
At the Utah Valley game, he was passionate, but I would say it was mostly excitement and not negativity. The Utah Valley coach seemed to be much more negative than Fish. But, I've seen way worse coaches at the high school level than even the Utah coach. In some ways, it is almost like Fish is a little kid wanting to see a win. It was fun to watch. as I haven't watched a basketball game in a few years, I can't compare this team to last year's team. :oops:

Animal Science/ Ag Business '96

duelalumnicat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by duelalumnicat » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:51 pm

I really enjoyed the Bobcats win over Utah Valley State Saturday night. I think UVS was the better team, but the Bobcats won because they played harder. I am sure there will be setbacks, but it appeared to me that the team is starting to buy in to Coach Fish's coaching philosophy of playing hard and fast.