NDSU outworks MSU in every fashion, downs 'Cats 72-51

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

NDSU outworks MSU in every fashion, downs 'Cats 72-51

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:09 pm

Bison hold 40-26 advantage on the boards, hit 48 percent of 3-point attempts and out-hustled fatigued Montana State.Read the Full Article on BobcatNation

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Re: NDSU outworks MSU in every fashion, downs 'Cats 72-51

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:17 pm

We're an inch shorter and 10 pounds lighter at every position. We don't look like a D-1 team when matched up against a legit D-1 team like NDSU.

msu_agfan
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by msu_agfan » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:20 am

do we know why frenchwood was out? If he could have played some then of course it would have given dison and others a little more time to get their legs back. Hard to believe there was over 1000 fans there, it looked like only 250 online. I can't wait to get to a couple games later on when my schedule will allow it. With the new seats, and seating arrangement, does anyone have opinions as to where the best seats are located? We live a ways away and want to make the best of our trips there!

Animal Science/ Ag Business '96

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:34 pm

Frenchwrood hurt his ankle. Hopefully he gets back soon. I thought he was showing some improvement. The other freshmen that played last night, Price and Green, struggled mightily against NDSU.

aucat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by aucat » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:27 pm

Well, I was at the last two games and the difference was night and day. As to the "eye test," I just
did not see that NDSU was that much better than UTA. It just seemed to me that our guys
were really, really flat and the bad shooting and passing became contagious. Against UTA
our guys could do no wrong.

I agree that we are undermanned; however, you hope that with a new coach you will
see tremendous effort from the guys--getting those loose balls, etc. Gosh, against
UTA that was the case and in fact, the crowd gave the team and Coach Fish
a standing ovation as they left the floor at half. Last night was 180 degrees
the opposite.

Unless you want to be glued to the tube watching bowl games on New Years Day,
they have a great deal going to watch MSU play UND in the conference opener: 4 tix for 20 bucks.
Go Cats

p.s. We even had the band last night and they were great. The band was not there for the UTA game.

aucat

Post by aucat » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:49 am

With the new seats, and seating arrangement, does anyone have opinions as to where the best seats are located? We live a ways away and want to make the best of our trips there![/quote]

Lots more general admission seats and frankly I don't see a bad seat in the house. Great arena for enjoying hoops.

Cats15

Post by Cats15 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:45 pm

aucat wrote:With the new seats, and seating arrangement, does anyone have opinions as to where the best seats are located? We live a ways away and want to make the best of our trips there!
Lots more general admission seats and frankly I don't see a bad seat in the house. Great arena for enjoying hoops.[/quote]

Save a few bucks and buy General Admission. You will be able to sit pretty much anywhere. I really like the new seating, and sadly the curtains were definitely needed.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:49 pm

Cats15 wrote: Save a few bucks and buy General Admission. You will be able to sit pretty much anywhere. I really like the new seating, and sadly the curtains were definitely needed.
The new configuration is comfortable, the arena is nice and bright, and the sound system is really good. But it's just desperately sad how little interest there is in the program now-a-days. I've never seen it so bleak-it's worse the Rich Juarez years in the 1970's.